The Violet's

What Kpop doesn't know?

I'm back with a new fanfiction!! I am excited for this one. I hope you guys like this chapter please let me know what you think and if there are any mistakes. I welcome all opinions good or bad. :D

So this chapter is just an introduction to Sam and her idol group she is in.

Let me know what you think of it. And the characters. Enjoy!! :D

“! I’m late!” I exclaimed in a rushed breath. I continued to run through the crowds backstage. I tried to avoid collisions as much as possible.  Move people. Move! “Unni, is going to kill me!”

My combat boots slammed against the concrete ground with each step. Like I said before, Unni is going to kill me. She is going to yell my ear off then after that, she is going to rip my heart out. I stopped running as the image came in my head. Her perfect manicured hands slamming into my chest grabbing my heart and ripping it out. . I shivered at the thought. With just that thought, I burst into another run heading towards my room. I might be a complete rebellious in front of her, but I am secretly scared of Unni. She is going to kill me for being late. I yelled move at the stage hands and other idols backstage.

Then it happened. All in slow freaking motion to. I didn’t have enough time to move out of the way and the didn’t heed my warnings to move. And I am going too fast to put on the breaks. You know how that is. His eyes were wide as well as mine as our bodies slammed into each other. Judging by how fast I was going and how the stayed frozen to the ground, you should guess how much that hurt. I yelled. He yelled. Then bam! We smacked right into each other falling on the floor groaning.

“Yah! Don’t you watch were you’re going?” He groaned rubbing his head sitting up. I sat up looking at him with a pained look. My head feels like it is going to explode. Damn it. Now how am I supposed to do my job with a growing migraine? I let out a groan rubbing my head, my freshly dyed bright red hair fell in front of my face. “Yah! Yah!” Oh my god! Shut up. His voice is so annoying.

“What!” I growled glaring at his annoyed face.

His slanted eyes narrowed at me. Taking in my appearance, which consisted of a tight black crop top and blue skinny jeans. He quickly rolled his eyes getting up not even helping me up. That bastard. Yeah, don’t help the chick on the ground. What ever happened to damn chivalry? Like oh look a girl on the ground let’s help her up. But no, he just yells at me then gets up like a . Ugh and they say American’s are rude.

“I ask you question.” The let out in broken English. I looked up at him in confusion. Why is he talking in English? Is he stupid? “American? American?”

American? Oh! I opened my mouth as realization hit me. He is talking to me. Really I don’t look that American. Ignorance of people, I swear. I got up slowly making an unladylike grunt under my breath. Dusting off myself I glared at the idiot in front of me. I tightened the large black sweater around my shoulder’s making sure it doesn’t fall off. I hate showing skin.  

“I can speak Korean.” I answered him in Korean perfectly, glaring at him. His eyes widen in shock then quickly went back to glaring at me. Bet you thought I didn’t speak English dummy.

“Why you here?” He spoke again in broken English.

I let out a loud sigh rolling my eyes. He won’t stop. I stared at him with a glare. I might as well entertain him. I ran a hand through my hair. I am so gonna be super late.

“I don’t understand?” I let out in English. I furrowed my eyebrows giving him the most stupid, confused face I could muster. I looked towards behind him at everyone getting ready for the show. Maybe I shouldn’t be messing with him. Unni is so going to kill me. Man how many times I said that today. “If you will excuse me I have to get going!” I continued to speak in English.

“Where you going?”

“To your mom!” I yelled at him switching back to Korean. Wasn’t the greatest comeback, but I have a death sentence waiting for me.

Pushing past him making him fall down again, I made a mad dash for it. I could hear him yelling Korean profanities as I ran down the hall.  Seeing me running everyone moved out of the way. See these people are smart. If only I could say that for the dumb brunette I pushed down.

I let out a breath of relief as I reached to the other side of the hallways. I’m here. I stopped in front of a large white door. A sign holding a group name called Violets. Maybe I can avoid the death sentence on me after all. I took out my phone from my back pocket looking at the time. 4:45. With 5 minutes to spare. Sweat beaded down my forehead as I breathed heavily. You’re probably wondering why I am in front of an idol group’s door named Violets. It’s my group to be honest. I put my hand on the cool metal handle savoring these few minutes of freedom. Just as I opened the door I could hear her.

“What took you so long? Where were you? Why are you late?” I groaned upon hearing her voice. Her nasal high pitched voice. “Yah! I’m talking to you.” She continued to nag. I quickly ignored her dropping my bag to the ground. I made my way to the make-up chair slamming myself down letting the frantic women paint my face and pull my hair. They made comments under their breath about my sweat and messy makeup. “Ami!”

“Oh yelling at me with my stage name! I am so scared!” I exclaimed shaking slightly in fake terror. I looked at her through the refection of the mirror. If looks could kill. That orange haired painted chick will murder me and make it look like an accident. “Unni, we don’t have time for this. We go up in fifteen minutes.”

“That’s right fifteen minutes!” She continued to yell. She narrowed her slanted eyes at me. Her hands landed furiously on her hips letting her black scarf softly go a little down her shoulders. Unni huffed and puffed right there as she glared. At me. I rolled my eyes letting the makeup do the finishing touches on my face. “Do you not care? This is our debut stage and you don’t care at all about our success. Why don’t you just leave the group if that is the case? We don’t need you!”

“Oh shut up, Ran Shin!” I growled glaring at her. I used her real name pissing her off. She opened to continue to fight with me, but she was quickly cut off.

“That American attitude is going to get you in trouble, Sam.” I turned my head slightly with a soft smile to see Im Soon Bok come through the door along with Mi Hi. They looked at me with an amused expression.

“It has already gotten me in trouble.” I breathed out pointing to Ran with my finger.

I can hear Ran let out a growl as she grinded her teeth.

“Ami! Ran! We shouldn’t fight now! We need to work together to make our debut stage one to remember.” Mi Hi voiced. Her short pink hair was spiked in different directions as her bangs went across her forehead.  Mi Hi looked at me with a soft expression through her heavy make-up. “Right?”

“You’re right, Mimi!” I breathed out using her stage name.

After I felt the make-up team was done with me I got up from the chair. I felt like my hair was being squeezed to the top of my head as my dark eyelashes tried to blind me. They put too much makeup.

 I turned towards Ran with a soft expression. I don’t like fighting with her. Honestly I just wanted to get along with everyone as I lived my dream of being an idol star. Ever since I joined this group. Since day one. Ran has hated me. I never knew why. I know my attitude is not making things better. I let out a sigh. I walked towards Ran who stood next to the blonde Im Soon Bok. Ran looked at me with a glare then rolled her eyes ignoring me.

“What do you want?” Ran hissed still refusing to look at me. Mimi looked at me with sympathy then went to the mirror to double check her makeup.

“I’m sorry I was late, Unni. Also that I let my American attitude piss you off.” I breathed out swallowing my anger towards her. You see I am Korean-American, but like you witnessed earlier many people believe I am American. I look more American, but I never lived in America. Sure I visited family there. My mother is American so I inherited her looks and attitude. Sadly. My dad loves it and says it makes me different. I hate it. My mother has a temper and she is sarcastic. So am I. “Unni?”

“Whatever!” Ran said. She put aside my apology as if it was nothing. I watched with annoyance as Ran went up to Mimi with a smile talking to her happily. She will never like me.

“Give her time.” I heard Im Soon Bok breathe out next to me. She moved her long blonde hair to one side of her shoulder as she crossed her arms over her small chest. 

“How much? Soonie, I have been a trainee with you guys for five years. In all that time she hated me. You always tell me to give her time, but how much time does she really need.” I breathed out. “I know I make things worse with my ‘American’ attitude, but I can’t help it. She just gets under my skin.”

“She is just jealous.”

“Of what?”

“Seriously? Sam have you not seen yourself? You’re a catch. S line. Big chest. Big . Small waist. You have curly hair and you have double eyelids. You never had plastic surgery and you don’t need to.” Soonie exclaimed looking at me. I looked at her shaking my head.

“No I am average. I am not perfect. In America, I would look like any other girl that walks the street. I prefer to have slanted eyes like you guys. Even perfect straight hair. I hate having to straighten my hair all the time because the boss wants it like that.” I told her truthfully. “People see me and they think American. They treat me differently and I hate it.”

“You never let them. Sam you can’t complain when you fight back the way you do.” Sonnie laughed. She had a point. I shrugged then quickly laughed along with her.

Out of our four member group, I always told Soonie everything. She was like the older sister I always wanted. Soonie was always there for me and being the oldest of the group, she was the peacekeeper. Soonie is our lead vocal while Ran is our leader and other vocal. Mimi despite her cute looks is actually our rapper. When that petite pink haired girl gets on stage it always amazes me how much she changes. What am I? Well I am the visual and the English rapper sometimes I do vocals, but I am never allowed to show my full potential. Not that I want to.

Our group is called the Violets as you know. Today is our debut stage. You know that to. Well our concept is kind of like 2ne1, who are like my inspirations. What entertainment company are we under? Well that is the downside. We are under SM entertainment. The company is not as bad as people make them out to be. Sure they try to control a lot of things, but other’s they just let you freely rein. Really think about it, for a super controlling company. Do you really think they will let Super Junior get away with everything they do? If SM was like how everyone says they are, Super Junior would have been locked up in a dungeon. Seriously, those guys are insane.

But there was an unspoken rule in the company. More like a belief that everyone in the company believes and expects you to believe. What was that rule? Well it’s to stand by SM no matter what. Even if the company is in the wrong, we are expected to stay by their sides. Those idols that sued the company like Luhan, Kris, Jyj, and etc. There is some type of belief that we are supposed to hate them. It is not enforced, but it is believed. If there is a music show and it was let’s say SNSD against 2ne1. We are supposed to be on Girl’s Generation’s side. We are supposed to vote for them. Like I said it was not enforced, but it was believed. If it was enforced I would have been kicked out a long time ago for rocking to 2ne1 while I walk around the company.

There was one rule that was enforced. A rule I never knew was there. A rule that was never said, but was strictly enforced. A rule that I learned the hard way that it was there. A rule that I broke and it turned my life completely upside down.

Never date anyone who hurt the company such as filing a lawsuit against the company.

“Violet’s?” A man’s voice spoke up knocked on our door. All four of us looked towards the door with a serious expression stopping all of our conversations. A tall man with a head set opened the door motioning for us to come with him. “You’re up!”

“Alright!” Ran let out a nervous breath. I looked around to see her, Mimi, and Sonnie nervously make their way out the door. “Let’s go, girls!”

I felt my heart beat in fear. This is it. After five long years. I am finally going to debut in South Korea. I am finally going to be a Kpop star. I felt a smile cover my face. Ignoring my shaking my body, I ran out the door along with my fellow group members. This year is the year of the Violet’s. This is our year. We are going to rock this year and not give up.

If only I knew at that moment. At that time. That, that day marked the day of one of the few stages I went up together with the members as a Violet. If only I knew then what I know now.