PhotoShoot

What Kpop doesn't know?

Betrayal.

Anger.

Utter confusion on what is life and how it works.

And last but not least an enormous ‘What the !’.

I mean, how could he not tell us that he was married to the devil’s mistress.

I have known Jon for years. Not hours, not days, not months, but years!

Years of talking, more like furious threats.

Years of seeing each other, more like sneering at each other.

Years of not knowing that the person I had reluctantly trusted with my idol life was married to the Devil’s mistress.

“Ok, Ami-sshi. We need you to lean more towards your leg. Keep your left arm loosely on your knee. Ok good. Now lean your head back rest it on the back on Mimi’s head. Ok, now Mimi,” the photographer, Lee, yelled from behind her camera.

She continued to give all four of us directions for the shoot. Mimi and I were sitting back to back on the couch with one leg up and the other on the ground. Both of us resting the back of our heads on each other as we stared at the camera. I had one arm on my propped leg on the couch while my free hand was intertwined with Mimi’s hand. Ran stood behind the beat-up couch with her arms spread on the back rest. She was leaning slightly towards us while Soonie sat on the arm of the couch on Mimi’s side.

All four of us wearing ‘street’ gear. Don’t ask me what is ‘street’ gear. That is what they told me it’s called. My outfit consisted of an opened button down plaid shirt flannel with my sleeves rolled up to reveal a couple of fake tattoos and my black fingerless gloves. I wore a cut up cropped AC/DC shirt underneath on full display. My hair was straightened with some waves added in manually by a curling iron. My hair is now a lot longer than it was when we first started the comebacks. Now my hair reached my shoulders still uneven, but it barely noticeable. I was due for a salon visit soon and I knew it. Different colored extensions were added to look natural through my hair. My face consisted of dark heavy makeup: dark violet lips, dark smoky eye with a thick black cat eyeliner, and a contour to put other contours to shame. Finally, my outfit was completed with blue faded holey jeans that were rolled up at the bottom to reveal my combat boots heels. And don’t forget jewelry.

Apparently, I am wearing an up and coming designer named Sirea. I must admit I look badass, all four of us do.

We continued to do different variations of the pose that Lee put us in as the camera clicked away. I must admit I love our concept. If you haven’t realized our concept is the school bad girls. So much badass outfits happily fill my closet from designers. And don’t even get me started on the combat boots galore.

We are the es that will give you stitches. Wow that was corny, ignore me please.

“Ok, now I want Ran and Soonie to move in front of the couch. Both of you sit on the ground; Ran in front of Ami and Soonie in front of Mimi. We are going to try different variations in this pose: 1st will be you both doing the same pose as Ami and Mimi, the 2nd is you both sit towards the camera but lean your head back on the girls on the couch, and the 3rd will be switching positions and doing the first two positions again. All right?” Lee let out. All of us nodded in understanding and moved to the positions.

My brown eyes immediately went back to the tired Jon. Back to the problem at hand, Sam. Jon lied to you. Jon rolled his eyes as he met my glare. He is so lucky they pulled me away before I could demand answers from him. You wait till I am done, Jonny Boy.

I am going to destroy you.

We continued the shoot for another hour doing different poses with the same outfits.

“Ok, now get ready the props for the next part of the shoot,” Lee called out. The four of us let out a small collective sigh as we got up from out positions with a stretch. “We will have an hour break to get ready and have lunch. Girls, get ready for the next shoot. We will have lunch sent to you.”

“Ok, Thank you.” Ran spoke for us as she walked with Mimi and Soonie towards the changing tent outside talking.

I gave everyone a quick bow, even though they weren’t paying attention to me, then moved to trail behind my groupmates. I stared at their backs as I walked behind them. Their outfits almost similar than mine except with a few changes. The three of them talked about the shoot and the outfits. I can feel the curious stares of many of the staff members. They no doubt can feel the tension between the four of us. Hell, they can see the space between us. People here are starting to notice. I could hear their whispers of new rumors as I passed by them.

“Too bad, we have to go straight to the studio after this,” I heard Soonie complain as we all stepped outside.

“Yeah, honestly why have us do another comeback when we are so close to the award ceremonies and festivals. The Mama awards are only a few months away. We have to prepare for all that,” Mimi chimed in.

Great, more time with them. I rolled my eyes as I looked down at the ground. I am so excited.

“Hopefully, we can get all this done without any problems. We don’t need to be held back by a selfish person who doesn’t give a about this group,” Ran hissed.

I snapped my head up to see that her and the girls stopped just a few feet away from me. Anger boiled inside me as I saw all three of them look at me, Ran’s dark eyes glaring at me accusingly. Seriously, how many times do we have to go over this. I scowled at them feeling my temper about to snap.

I don’t give a about this group?!?!

I don’t give a !

You have got to be kidding me!

“Are-“ I went to argue, but I was immediately cut off by the devil’s mistress.

“Sam!” Medusa shrieked. I turned towards her to see her crutching towards me with a raging fury. Honestly, did she not notice I was about to throw down with those inconsiderate es. I glanced back to them to see them walking away without a care in the world. Why do I feel like I am in the Korean version of Mean Girls around them? Whatever happened to ‘no one will know what happened between us’. Might as well as hold up a sign, . “You did this, I know you did!”

“What did I do now?” I let out focusing my attention on the red-faced creature in front of me.

Her body leaning on her crutch as she breathed heavily. Her face contorted into a sneer as she leaned towards me threateningly. She couldn’t chew on a breath mint before coming to yell at me. What is that smell? Garlic?

“You, you Yankee, you convinced Jon to fire me from group activities,” Medusa seethed. Group activities? She get kicked out of daycare or something? “I don’t know how you did it. You probably seduced him into your bed. It makes sense. I know that was a man’s shirt you were wearing earlier, it even smelled like a man. You are going dirty him with your disgusting multicultural genes. Who knows how many diseases you are carrying? Probably got it from your mo-“

“Watch it,” I growled knowing her next words could cost her, her life. “Remember the last time you included my family into your insults. You’re already in crutches, don’t make me put you in something worse.”

Medusa narrowed her eyes at me in fury. She lifted a clawed finger towards my face pointing at me. I glared at her finger then at her face. She has 10 seconds to get her finger out of my face or I am biting it off.

“Look I don’t know what game you are playing, but you will never win,” Medusa seethed. “You hear me. You will never win. I will destroy you. I will leave you with nothing. Nothing at all and laugh at your destruction.”

And with that nice little speech the one-legged wonder crutched away to only have her crutch slip on a wet patch of grass. Karma’s a . I continued to glare, don’t worry I was laughing my off in my head, as Medusa went down face first into the grass. She let out loud curses as concerned staff members rushed to help her. She took her anger out them, yelling like a rabid Chihuahua.

I apologize to all the Chihuahua’s in the world. That was an insult to your kind.

“The more you piss her off, the more rabid she gets. Wait, till you see her blow up. It’s a sight to see,” Jon spoke appearing next to me with a dark chuckle. I turned to my ex-manager quirking an eyebrow. “What?”

“Want to tell me what all that was about?” I questioned. Jon shrugged and went to walk away. “Ohh no you don’t. You don’t get to walk away from me.” I hissed grabbing his arm as I moved to fall into step with him. “She thinks I am sleeping with you. What did you do, Jon”

“Why would I sleep with you?”

“I don’t know cause I am ing irresistible.” Jon let out a snort in response. I quickly picked up my pace to come to a stop in front of him. My hand still holding tightly to his arm. Jon forcefully came to a stop in front of me. He quirked an eyebrow at me. “I’m serious, Jon. I don’t care about her racist insults; I’m used to it. But when she mentions my mother into her insults, I am not responsible for my actions, and she knows that. Whatever you did pissed her off enough to almost forget the line that she couldn’t cross with me. Not that it has ever stopped her before, but that’s not the point. What the did you do!”

Jon stared at me for what felt like hours. Just standing with that stupid face he has studying my face. He looked down at my hand on his wrist. With a heavy sigh, he used his other hand to remove my hand off him. He looked back up at me then around us to make sure no one was listening. The staff was too busy getting ready for the next shoot and having lunch to even care.

“I promised you and your boyfriend that I would help you out of this situation. That’s what I did,” Jon finally spoke lowly. He paused looking at me in the eyes. I quirked my eyebrows as I crossed my arms over my chest motioning for him to continue. “I called the President while you were changing earlier. I explained to him how it is completely unnecessary to have two managers for the Violets during group activities. It can confuse the staff on who to call and go to when regarding information about the activities. After much convincing, he agreed. So, in conclusion, Medusa is only your manager during your activities away from the group.”

I felt my glare drop as I stared at Jon. I don’t have to see that hideous creature during group activities. My face softened while I took in his words, repeating them over and over again in my head. It explains so much now. No wonder, Medusa was livid. Jon ing fired her from Violet promotions.

He did it.

My eyes stinging as tears start to form. He got me away from her. It’s not fully, but it’s something. I’m free from her clawed grip all because of my group activities. I take back my early sarcasm about hanging out with my group. I rather hang out with them and deal with their all day than have to see Medusa’s ugly face. I let out a small laugh as a tear slipped down my cheek. Jon gave me a ‘What the ’ look as my laughter continued. A huge smile on my face.

“Oi, calm down,” Jon hissed. “You’re starting to freak me out. You can’t be that happy.”

What I did next completely shocked both Jon and I.

I ing hugged Jon.

“Thank you,” I let out.

“Yah, are you crazy,” Jon let out in shock. His hands on my waist trying to push me away, but I only held on tighter to him. My eyes closed soft tears slipping down my cheeks onto his shoulder. “Let me go. Are you crazy? People are watching us. We are in public. Yah, let me go. Okay. Okay. Okay. I get it. You’re welcome. Let me go. This is too weird. We are not even in friendship hugging level. Let. Me. The. . Go. Sam!” After struggling for a couple seconds longer, he finally gave up. Jon let out a sigh as he reluctantly hugged me back. “You idiot, are you crying? Do you not care about your image? You don’t even care about the rumors this will spread. No, you just hug me like an orangutan without a care about the consequences. Aish, people are gonna think weird stuff now.” He paused for a moment. I felt his head move up. “Yah! You! Put your ing phone down! Yeah, you! Who else would I be pointing out? You better not be taking any pictures! Give me your phone. Yah! You will die if you run away. I mean it, I will find you and kill you! Damn it, he ran. Oui, Sam let me go. This is seriously getting weird now.”

I chuckled softly agreeing as I pulled away from him.

My smile dropped as I looked down at the ground in shock. The gravity of what I’ve just done hitting me like a thousand bricks. Why the hell did I hug him? It wasn’t even a quick hug. Hell, I cried. I looked back up to see Jon giving me a cautious look. He doesn’t know what to do either.

Damn it, Sam! What the hell did you just do?

I was so happy and relieved about not seeing Medusa during group activities that I hugged Jon.

Freaking Jon.

I hugged him.

Voluntarily!

My eyes grew wider as the scene replayed in my head.

Jon cleared his throat. “How about we forget just happened? It never happened. We will never mention it again,” he suggested.

“Yes, please.” I let out desperately as I took a step forward. My hand out ready to shake hands in agreement.

“No, no repeats,” Jon gasped in shock as he jumped away from me. His eyes wide as his arms were held up in front of him in defense. I let my hand fall back down to my side as I gave a weird look. He is making this weird now. Not me. “That will never be repeated ever again in our lifetime. I mean it, Sam. Don’t touch my body. You are never to touch me again.”

“What the , Jon. I wasn’t going to give you another hug.”

“What did I say! Never mention it again,” Jon screamed throwing his arms in the air dramatically.

“But-“

“Shut up.”

“Jon, honestly.”

“No.”

“You are being dramatic.”

“You weren’t the one molested.”

“I didn’t molest you. I hug-“ I tried to explain, but I was quickly cut off.

“Nope! That didn’t happen!” Jon yelled super loud calling the attention from others around us. I let out a curse as I quickly told him to shut up. “Oh so now you care about your image? You didn’t care when you threw yourself at me.”

“Get over it, I don’t know what came over me. And I did not throw myself at you, who would do that.” I hissed. Jon just gave me a look making me sigh. I have a headache now. Doesn’t anyone care that I just recovered from a fever. This was probably all the medicine’s fault that Jaejoong gave me. I should text him and blame him for all this. “Okay, I am sorry I hugg-“

“Ahhh!”

“Fine. On three, we will never mention it again. Erased from memory, all right?”

“Agreed.” Jon nodded.

“Okay,” I let out cautiously. I feel like I aged 10 years because of this stupid situation. “1” Honestly, what were you thinking, Sam? “2” Damn you, Medusa. This is all your fault. I am blaming you till I die. “3.”

Silence.

, this is awkward. Jon and I refused to look at each other as we shifted from foot to foot. What was the point of all this again? Wasn’t I mad about something earlier?

“Don’t you have to change for the next shoot?” Jon let out breaking the silence. “You should go change and have lunch. Remember you were sick, you have to take care of yourself.”

“Huh? Oh, yeah. I should probably go then.” I said turning around heading towards the tent. We were so good earlier arguing, why did I have to ruin it. I haven’t even gotten far before I heard Jon call my name. I stopped turning towards him in confusion. “What?”

“It was after high school,” he called out.

“What?”

“I married that woman just after high school. I was young and stupid. I believed I was cool because I got the hottest substitute teacher in my school. Man I was a ,” Jon laughed running his hand through his brown hair. I stood in silence staring at him. Why tell me this now? Why tell me in general, granted I was gonna threaten it out of him, but he is telling me it now without threats. “It didn’t last long. She was ten years older than me and a major . I divorced her just after 6 months.”

“You were with her for 6 months.”

“Actually longer if you count meaningless drunken hook-ups after. She took me for all I had in the divorce claiming that I mentally abused her.”

“Why did you marry her in the first place,” I questioned. “Why even go back for meaningless hookups?”

“Don’t know, that part of my life is kind of hazy. Maybe she used her evil powers against me to manipulate me into doing it.”

“,” I said shaking my head.

“ was good though, but I am pretty sure it was all my doing. I am amazing in-”

“Please, don’t finish that. Never finish that ever in your life.”

“Stating facts,” Jon replied with a shrug. Seeing my disgusted face, he smirked. “You are never going to be accepted to be on the waiting list to be my friend.”

That little .

“And who the said I wanted to be your friend. I told you already, no one wants to be your friend.” I answered.

“Keep telling yourself that, I know you secretly want to be my friend.”

“I rather be friends with a volleyball.”

“Like that is supposed to insult me, I saw Cast Away. Wilson would never be friends with a selfish like you,” Jon responded laughing at his own joke. I rolled my eyes at him calling him a . I smiled softly knowing what he is doing. Then his laughter died down and he gave me a serious look. “Don’t worry about that walking parasite anymore. She isn’t worth your tears. I promised I will take care of this and I will do it. We will destroy her together; I promise you that.” I nodded seriously taking his word. “Now, I want you to be the freaking I know. I want you to stop looking so tired and broken. You are not a weak , Sam. I expect after this shoot you go back to being the sarcastic hard I know. All right?” I nodded again. “One more thing, if you ever feel like breaking down and you can’t hold it anymore…” He paused giving me a smirk. “Go to your damn boyfriend.”

“,” I laughed shaking my head.

“You have to go change. Now if you will excuse me, I have to find a with a phone and kill him.”

“Don’t expect me to help you hide the body,” I let out without thinking.

Jon laughed.

“Why would I want help from an idiot like you? I rather Wilson help me with that ,” Jon replied with a smirk.

****

“You and Jon are awfully close all of a sudden,” Ran breathed out.

Her dark eyes giving me and accusing look although she was smiling. The camera shutter’s echoes throughout the room as the lights kept flashing. Lee’s praises heard over each click. My fingers tightened around the paintbrush as I continued to paint the brick wall with the violent paint. I followed the small guidelines that the staff left for me. Ran let out a sigh as she moved next to me grabbing a spare paint brush from the ground. I looked at her, following Lee’s loud instructions, giving her a mischievous smile. Mimi then let out a loud laugh as her and Soonie engaged in their paint war on my other side.

“Since when did you and Jon become so close,” Ran hissed gathering paint on her brush then flicking to me.

I let out a fake gasp, then smiled as I copied her actions. The camera went crazy clicking away as we continued our paint fight. Mimi vs. Soonie and Me vs. Ran. The four of us getting gathering the different the different paint colors from the pails on the ground. We threw it everywhere including at each other’s designer clothes designated for this part of the shoot.

“You’re not answering my question,” Ran growled lowly as she threw a handful of the violet paint on me. The paint splashed against my chest. Slamming my right hand into the pink pail on the ground, I glared at Ran. Without giving her time to react, I lifted my now pink hand up flinging the paint at her. Instead of hitting her white hoodie, like it was supposed to, a big part of the paint splashed against her cheek and into her rainbow extensioned hair. Ran let out a gasp in surprise while I let out a loud laugh. Lee praised me clearly happy with how this shoot is going. “You .”

She turned around picking up a red cup from the ground. She better not be doing what I think she is doing. Ran smiled as she made sure the cup was empty then dipped the whole cup into the yellow pail. The yellow paint dripped down the now full cup as she lifted it out of the pail. I will kill her, she better not. Ran’s smile turned into a smirk as she walked towards me clutching tightly to the now half yellow cup.

“Don’t you ing dare, Ran,” I warned taking slow steps away, but Ran still advanced.

Mimi and Soonie ran around us laughing still splattering paint at each other not caring about the situation that is happening now.

“Oh, look she talks,” Ran said still coming closer. I looked around for any weapon or even defense I can use. “I asked you a question.”

“I don’t have to answer to you. You ended all form of friendship between us, remember?” I growled. I bent down grabbing a small pail of blue paint from the ground in both of my hands. Ran’s eyes narrowed on the pail then up at me. Her face darkened in warning. “I will seriously throw this at you, so back up and back off.”

“You know this is my business,” Ran replied as she stopped just a few feet away from me. She put down the cup of yellow paint on the colorful ground. I watched still clutching tightly to my pail as she grabbed her own pail. The paint a pastel purple. Ran’s held a dangerous glint as she stood back up slowly with her pail in hand. Ready to fire. “You know the rules. No fraternizing with the managers. If you and Jon are sleeping together.” Honestly, why does everyone think Jon and I are having . Seriously, I am way out of his league. “then you risk the integrity of this group. Your punishment will affect this group, and I will not let you destroy this group because you can’t keep your legs closed.”

I let out a scoff looking to the side. I won’t let her see me hurt. I won’t let her have that satisfaction. Taking a deep breath in, I locked all my emotions in and proceeded to ignore my clenching chest. I look back at Ran with a raised eyebrow.

“We haven’t talked in weeks,” I said. My voice sounding cold. “And what do you do when you finally break your silence. You imply that I am a . Why am I not surprised? I’m the American , aren’t I. My only goals in life are to sleep around and ruin people’s lives. I should have had my stage name as Succubus.” Ran stayed silent watching me. I threw the pail on the ground causing a loud clatter and paint to splatter everywhere. Ran flinched back as the room came to a complete stop. Everyone shushed as they became pulled into the tense atmosphere that Ran and I created. I walked closer to Ran. The only thing keeping the space between us is the pail in her hands. I lowered my voice as I stared into her shocked brown eyes. “No matter what I do, no matter what I say. It doesn’t matter. None of it matters. Do you know why?” She didn’t answer. “Because I’m the villain. I will always be the villain in everyone’s eyes.”

Without taking my eyes off her, I grabbed the pail of paint out of her hands.

Why am I always protecting them?

Why do I do this?

Why can’t I just curse all of them and leave?

Lifting the pail up, I tilt it over my head letting the paint pour out. The staff gasped out in shock as Lee went back to take pictures. The camera clicking away as the weight of the paint attempted to push me down while it covered my head and shoulders. I threw the now empty pail on the ground and looked back at the shocked Ran. This has to be the first time I have ever seen the great Ran Shin shocked to silence. It’s almost laughable and pathetic at the same time. I smiled at her letting out a laugh, wiping the paint off my eyes. I flicked the paint on the ground as I kept laughing.

“You should see your face, Unni. I poured the paint on me before you could do it,” I laughed.

I could hear a couple of the staff let out a laugh. They think it was all part of the scene for the shoot. To them, we just got carried away playing around. I glanced behind Ran to see Soonie and Mimi look at us with worry.

Don’t worry, I will never purposefully ruin your careers or everything we worked for. Ran finally realizing the situation gave me a sheepish smile as she let out an awkward laugh.

I honestly should have my own drama.

Throwing my hands out, I hugged Ran to me tightly getting the paint on her on purpose. Ran, now knowing her role, let out a loud complaint about the paint on her with a laugh. I laughed rubbing my head on her making her complain more causing everyone to laugh with us. Then my laughter finally died down.

“So it doesn’t matter what I say about Jon and I,” I whispered to her while I continued of my fake role. I almost couldn’t recognize my own voice. It was so monotone. So emotionless. “You won’t believe me. You already established your opinion of me. Nothing will change that. And I am not going to fight to change it.” I pulled away from Ran with a smile. I ignored the different emotions showing through her eyes. Why should I care about her feelings when she clearly doesn’t care about mine? “So please go back to your role as the victim while I continue to play your villain.”

So that I can protect you from pain, from the world, from Medusa.

“Okay, girls great shoot. I have gotten great shots today. Thank you for the hard work,” Lee called stopping the shoot.

I turned towards Lee and the staff with a bright smile. Bending down into a bow, I loudly thanked the staff for their hard work multiple times. Without looking back to my groupmates, I walked away to get all this paint off and then change back into Jae’s warm great smelling shirt. Not to sound like a sappy romance novel, but I miss him. I wish I could just spend all day with him laughing at stupid . Anything better than this .

“Well, don’t you look like Barney rubbed his all over you,” Jon said coming in front of me. I looked up at him in silence. His eyes softened as he took in my expression. The hard mask struggling to stay on my face. I watched as Jon lifted his right hand towards me. My cell phone on his palm lit up to a call screen. I saw the name at the top then looked at Jon in shock. “You have a phone call.” I grabbed the phone off his hand in silence. Jon slipped his hands into his jean pockets as he gave me a small smile. “I told him you molested me.”

And with that, he walks away with a smirk as if he said the greatest comeback in the world. What a . A bipolar idiotic pain in the .

I smiled as I lifted the phone to my ear. My heart hammering knowing who is on the other line. Just the thought of him can seriously make my day so much better. My ears are desperate to hear his voice. Damn, I really sound like those sappy romance novels.

“So your manager told me you are leaving me because you can’t resist his body,” his husky voice breathed out on the other end of the call. The tears that I held for so long finally escapes my eyes going down my cheeks in a slow silence. “Not that I blame you, Jon is a great looking guy. If I was a woman I would go after him to, but apparently, I have to fight you for him.”

I let out a laugh shaking my head. I look towards the changing tent still standing in my place. I feel like someone is watching me. Their eyes burning holes into me. I searched through the crowds of different staff as Jaejoong continued to talk on the other end. He complained about Jon’s smug voice when he called him.

I saw my groupmates walking towards the changing tents. I watched them as they talked in a hushed huddle. Feeling my stare, the three girls stopped walking and turned their heads towards me. I stood up straighter in place trying to show them a tough face. Ran let out a sigh shaking her head as she something to the other girls. They nodded their heads at her then turned back to the changing tent disappearing inside. I let out a soft sigh then made my way to the tent careful to never say Jaejoong’s name out loud as I conversed with him.

I can still feel someone burning holes into me. I turned to look behind to only see Medusa. She was next to Lee, Jon, and some monitors showing today’s pictures. Lee and Jon along with some staff were conversing while Medusa glared right at me. An accusing look aimed at me as she leaned on her crutch. I stopped walking in order to look at her. Her eyes promising me misery and pain in the future.

“You know, Jon is an , but I think he will warm up to me. Maybe I can get him to be in a bromance with me. I am getting tired of Junsu’s and Yoochun’s affections. I need something new,” Jaejoong let out with a soft chuckle.

“I am going to tell them that you are breaking up with them,” I spoke into the phone.

“Don’t. Junsu is sensitive. I don’t think I can handle it. So how was your day?”

I continued to stare back at Medusa as Jaejoong asked me that question. How was my day? My day. Well, just like every day since I started this whole with Medusa. Just ty. Pure and unfiltered . Lifting my free hand up, I turned the hand so the back of it is facing Medusa. With such poise and grace to rival Miss Korea, I fisted the hand but left the middle finger up proudly.

Medusa let out a gasp, I can clearly see her cursing under her breath from here. Then she went down. Her crutch kicked away from her without warning. Her face slammed into a bin of paint. The staff gasped out in shock as they frantically went to help her. I glanced at the perpetrator standing tall and proud at the work he’s done. Medusa’s shrieks echoed through the sky, but me and him didn’t care. Catching my eye, he simply sent me a wink then walked away from the scene with his hands in his pockets.

“My day? It’s getting better,” I said walking towards the tent. “And about Jon. You might have to fight for him.”