The Pretty girl and the e

What Kpop doesn't know?

“We need to talk?!” I exclaimed. My hands held tightly onto the leather seat as my body became stiff. My eyes were wide like saucers. My hair violently swept everywhere by the wind. “How about slowing the hell down!”

Jaejoong glanced at me from the corner of his eyes. I hope he can see how panicked I really am. He is like going 100 on the highway weaving in and out between cars. The loud horns of each angry drivers echoed behind us getting lost in the wind. This is not, need for speed! Why aren’t there cops here stopping him. Hell, there should be a highway chase now. Oh God, then we will be on the news. Everyone will recognize us and start rumors. I will die by the hands of Jon, Ran, and the agency. Hell, my mom will kill me for getting in a car with this lunatic.

“Fine.” Jaejoong breathed out. He lifted his hand up to press a button next to his radio. I watched in shock as the hood of the car came out from a back compartment. As the car slowly started to decelerate the hood went in place covering us. The windows then rolled up silencing the howling wind and keeping us enclosed. Jaejoong casually kept one hand on the wheel and the other leaning on his door. My now tangled hair laid in a huge bird’s nest scattered all over my face. “Happy?” I simply nodded while I lifted my hands up in order to tie my hair up in small pony tails. “You ignored me all day today.”

“What?”

“Today, during the shoot. I tried to talk to you. I even tried to be near you, but you ignored me.” I stayed quiet. He noticed? Of course, he noticed you idiot. Jaejoong turned his head to look at me with his sad brown eyes. “Look I’m sorry for last night. I’m pissed at myself because I know I must have freaked you out. I understand if you don’t feel anything, but can we at least be friends?”

“Friends?”

“Yeah, there is no rule against being friends.”

 “Are you sure?” I let out in caution.

 I stared at the man in front of me with mixed emotions. He wants to be friends with me? Would I even be able to be friends with him?  My heart is racing from him being so near me. I could just reach my hand a little bit and touch him. The car smelled just like him. A soft and sweet smelling cologne with a slight hint of lavender. My eyes trailed down from his heavenly face to his black V-neck. The shirt was tight, but not too tight. I can see a silver chain hang on his neck, the end tucked neatly inside the shirt. I wonder if he looks just as good without cloths as he does with. Damn, he should wear dark skinny jeans more often.

What am I thinking? Stop, Sam! He can tell you are checking him out. Hell, the bastard is smirking. I scowled as I stared at his smirking face. Smug bastard. Yeah, he is a bastard. Stay away from him. But I don’t want to. My mind quick became a jumbled mess as I try to deny these feelings.

“Yeah, I’m sure I want to be friends with you. Yesterday we had a lot of fun.” Jaejoong answered.  “Well before I freaked you out and all.”

A soft smile filled my features as I thought back to yesterday. We did have a lot of fun. We knocked each other into the river, talked like long lost friends, and even did a dorky dance. But during that whole time, there was no doubt he had an effect on me. If he was to close or even touched me I lost focus on what I was trying to do or say. I couldn’t move as heat and electric shocks would encompass my body. There was something between us, I can’t deny that. But I can deny what that something is. It can’t be a feeling of longing or love. I won’t let it. I will deny it and ignore it with my whole being. I know what you are thinking, why do all this? Why hurt us both and deny this? Simple, it is because of who we are and what we do.

“You didn’t freak me out.” I admitted. Jaejoong snapped his head towards me in shock. His brown eyes holding hope. I shook my head at him then pointed towards the road. He let out a disappointed sigh as he turned back to face the road. “I would like to be friends. But I have to warn you, I’m crazy.”

He turned his head slightly towards me to show his smiling face. My heart jumped.

“I’m sure I can handle it.” Jaejoong let out huskily.

I nodded at him slowly. Why do I feel like there is an underline meaning in his words?

Jaejoong turned back towards the road. He continued to drive the speed limit keeping a safe distance behind a minivan that drove in front of us. There was some silence in the car for what seemed like hours. It was awkward and tense. I looked at the window watching the different signs that we passed. We are reaching Seoul in a few minutes? We got here faster than I thought. Well of course because he drove like a maniac.

“We got here faster than I thought.” I breathed out in hopes to start a conversation.

“Hmm?” Jaejoong hummed.

I leaned away from the window turning my body to face him. I pointed with my black nail polished finger to the sign that was coming up telling us that we arrived at Seoul.

“We got here a lot faster than I thought.” I repeated.

“Oh.” Jaejoong let out. I watched as a guilty look covered his features followed by a blush. “Sorry, I guess I went too fast in the beginning.”

“It’s fine.” I shrugged. “I guess it was kinda fun freaking out thinking you were gonna kill us.”

Jaejoong laughed. It was loud and dorky. It was as the kind of laugh that you couldn’t help, but laugh at. I smiled happy that I finally cut the tension in the car.

“You were freaking out.” Jaejoong continued to chuckle. “You looked at me like I was a lunatic.”

“You were going like a 100!”

“Actually it was 95 and I was careful.”

“Yeah, weaving between cars is careful. I don’t know if you heard the horns, but I did. I think my life flashed before my eyes. You know I actually wanted a cop to come out a pull you over.” I ranted. Jaejoong just let out another loud laugh shaking his head. “This is not funny. I thought we were gonna be a part of a highway chase. Helicopter and all.”

“That actually would have been fun.” He breathed out sending me a devious smirk. I quickly growled giving him a warning look. He better not try that again. Jaejoong let out another laugh at me. “Don’t worry, I promise I won’t do it again.”

“Better not, or I will seriously jump out of the car.” I grumbled.

“So you agree?”

“Agree to what?”

“That there will be a next time.” I stared at his hopeful eyes in shock. Will there be a next time? I sure hope so. I want there to be a next time. There is nothing against us being friends. We can be friends right? If this works out maybe I could complete my mission to reunite him and his band with TVXQ. I nodded my head at Jaejoong making him let out a breathtaking smile. Man this guy is good looking. Why is he with me?  “By the way, where is your music video shoot?”

“At the company, but you can drop me off a few blocks away.” I quickly said waving my hand as if it was no big deal.

Which wasn’t, I can just put on my disguise so no one recognizes me and walk. Anyways I am an hour early. Jaejoong switched on his turn signal carefully exiting the highway. He stopped at the stop light turning his body to face me. His brown eyes glistening with sincerity.

“I can just drop you off at the company. It is no big deal for me. It’s not like they can arrest me.” He spoke.

“It’s not a good idea, Jaejoong.” I breathed out. I looked at him seriously hoping he didn’t care that I didn’t call him oppa. His brown eyes filled with slight hurt. His grip on the wheel tightened. He turned back to face the road with a loud sigh. The light turned green letting him know it’s good to go. Guilt filled me as I stared at him. I just had to ruin the mood. I have to fix this now. “Anyways, we are an hour early. How about we grab a bite to eat at this awesome café that I know. I’ll pay as a thank you for driving me.”

“You sure?”

I nodded.

He quickly smiled at me nodding his head excitedly. And in just 15 minutes flat we were parked behind the Stargaze Café building. Both of us were silent as we thought about a way to get in eat and leave peacefully. No fans taking pictures or freaking out about us together. No paparazzi either.

“I can just leave my sunglasses on and put on a hat with a mask over my mouth.” Jaejoong suggested for the fifth time. I simply shook my head at him telling him it wasn’t going to work. Jaejoong groaned leaning back on his chair. He ran his hand through his hair in frustration. “That’s all I got, Sam. Unless you have a better idea?”

Just then as if a light bulb went off in my head, I got it. I snapped my fingers with a wide smile. This will so work. Jaejoong asked me if I got an idea, but I just ignored him. I let him stare at me in confusion as I leaned to the backseat gripping my duffle bag in a death grip. With a quick warning to watch his head, I brought my bag to the front placing it on my lap. Opening the bag, I quickly pulled out my makeup bag along with a wig I took from last night’s dance contest. It was a long wavy wig.

“We are going to transform ourselves completely.” I breathed out finally letting out my plan to Jaejoong.

The older man, only 8 years older than me, just gave me a skeptic look as he leaned slightly away from me. His dark eyes flashed in fear. 

“I really hope the wig is for you.” He let out in disbelief.

I just let out a wide smile and shook my head no. Before he could even grab the door handle to jump out, I pounced on him. I laughed as he tried to fight my hands as I proceed to turn him into a pretty girl.

***

“Will you stop pouting? You look pretty.” I hissed kicking Jaejoong’s legs under the table. The now long haired man glared at me through his fake eyelashes with annoyance. We sat in the back corner of the café with our pastry and coffee in front of us on the table. No one didn’t even recognize us at all. Granted, the café wasn’t that busy today. But still, I did a damn good job on our make-up. Jaejoong had on winged eyeliner, fake eyelashes, and red lip stick. I used some foundation and contour to make his face look slightly more girly. If that was even possible. This man already looks feminine enough. I gave him my huge hoodie that I usually sleep in to put on over his V-neck. Now he just looks like a tall gorgeous flat chest girl. “Be happy that no one recognizes us.”

“At least, you didn’t have to change your gender.” Jaejoong hissed then proceeded to take a bite out of his bagel. Can someone chew angrily? I just shrugged at him then proceeded to eat my bagel. He is right. I didn’t have to change my gender. But I did have to put on about ten pounds of makeup and let my lion mane that I call my hair loose. I left my blazer in Jaejoong’s car leaving me in a white thin V-neck shirt, black shorts, and black combat boots. Safe to say I look like a fancy gothic e. I snorted just at the thought. “This hair is such a hassle.” Jaejoong complained as he tried to flip his hair to one shoulder. 

The long hair kept getting in his food and tea as he tried to eat.

“You are so high maintenance.” I groaned. Taking the hair tie off my wrist, I leaned over our table towards Jaejoong. He watched me in shock as I carefully gathered the long hair tying it into a loose side pony tail. “There.” I breathed out sitting back down. Jaejoong mumbled a thank you as he shyly went back to nibbling his bagel. I gave him a weird look, but quickly shrugged it off. “So how do you like your tea?”

“It’s really good. Your right this café is pretty great.”

“Pretty great? It’s amazing. I’m so glad I found this place. I go here every day after work and sometimes before work. Sometimes even during work. They know me here.” I let out with a soft smile. Jaejoong looked at me as he lifted his mug up to take a sip from his tea. “Well, the me not looking like a gothic e.”

I guess the tea went down the wrong pipe because immediately Jaejoong started choking on it. He let out violent coughs as he tried to regain his breath. I watched in complete shock as he lifted his tea up again in order to soothe his coughs. After a lot of trial and error the man finally regained himself. He was still breathing a little hard, but nonetheless he is breathing.

“Sorry.” He quickly apologized. Taking some napkins from my hand that I offered, Jaejoong quickly wiped his mess. He dapped his face dry making sure not to ruin my hard work. “Did you seriously call yourself a e?”

“Yeah. That’s what I look like now. A fancy gothic e.” I answered. Jaejoong quickly shook his head letting out a soft laugh. “What? I am just saying how it is?”

“You are very blunt.”

“If we are to be friends then you have to get used to it. I don’t hold back. If I see something I don’t like I point it out. I don’t have a filter a lot of times.”

Jaejoong nodded. He took another sip from his tea then looked at me with glistening eyes. He looks so happy just sitting here with me talking. That’s one thing we have in common. I smiled back at the man then proceeded to finish my bagel.

“So when is your comeback?” Jaejoong breathed out.

“Couple days. Like always the company waits till the last minute to shoot the music video. They rushed us with the dance and they rushed us with this.” I answered easily.

No point in holding stuff back from this man. I shrug my shoulders as if it was nothing. I’m already used to of doing things at the last minute. It’s stressful, but it’s my job. There is nothing I can do about that.  Jaejoong stared at me in worry. His eyes looked a little far off as if he was remembering his time in SM.

“Are you getting enough breaks?” He asked in concern. “Are you eating well?”

I stared at Jaejoong. My eyes seemed to search his face for an indication that he doesn’t care. He simply looked back at me with sadden eyes. The brown orbs raked my body for an indication of malnourishment or exhaustion. His eyebrows were furrowed in frustration. My heart felt touched by his concern. A soft smile filled my features as I without thinking leaned over the table. Jaejoong’s eyes widen in shock as I pressed my finger to the space between his eyebrows. I can feel the creases under my finger soften and relax.

“Don’t furrow your eyebrows. It makes you look older.” I whispered letting out a relaxed smile. Jaejoong looked up at me making me lower my hand from his face. “I’m fine. I get enough sleep and I eat plenty of food much to the company’s annoyance. If there is one thing that you should know about me is that I don’t do things I don’t feel comfortable doing. And I will never stop eating or go on a diet. I love food too much.” I breathed out sitting back down on my chair. Jaejoong let out a sigh in relief then quickly smiled at me.  “I make up for eating like a pig with exercise.”

“Do you go to a gym?”

“Nope. I work out at the company.”

“They got a gym?”

I let out a loud laugh shaking my head. They do have a gym, but I don’t use that. You want to know how I get my exercise? Simple, I play pranks at the people at the agency. You see to play pranks, you have to be fast. I mean really fast. You have to quickly set up the prank before anyone spots you then high tail your out of there. Or in my case stay near so they know who pranked them then high tail out of there when they start chasing you. I let out another laugh making Jaejoong look at me confused. I still remember my last ‘special’ exercise. Seohyun and Hyoyeon chased me around the dance studios covered in feathers and goo.

 I let out another laugh.

That was a great day.

“Do I even want to know?” Jaejoong asked. I just shook my head at him still laughing at myself. Jaejoong let out a sigh then went back to finishing his tea. I quickly apologized to the man once I finally stopped laughing. Jaejoong just waved me off with a smile. “You have a nice laugh.” He simply stated.

Heat rose up to my cheeks. No one ever told me that. It was either ‘you laugh to loud’ or ‘you sound like a dying walrus’. Both comments are actually from my mom.

“T-thanks.” I let out shyly looking down. I can feel Jaejoong’s eyes on me. He chuckled softly to himself. “What?” I asked looking up at him.

“If I knew that would get you embarrassed I would have said it earlier.” Jaejoong said. I raised my eyebrows at him questioningly. “You only blushed whenever the idiots said something about us. It was really cute and I have been wanting to see it again.” He said with a bright smile.

“It’s not cute.” I pouted snapping my head to look to the side. My face increased in temperature. I know it is all red. Jaejoong let out a soft laugh. Damn, him. “I am not cute!”

“Now you’re pouting. Are you trying to look cuter for me?”

“No, I’m not.”

“Yes, you are!”

“I’m serious!”

“Me to.” Jaejoong breathed out. He leaned back on his chair with a smirk. “Who knew compliments would make you blush?”

“They don’t.”

“Your face says otherwise.”

“Damn, you.” I hissed at him.

 I glared at him despite how red my face still is. Jaejoong let out a loud laugh at my expense. In annoyance I grabbed a sugar packet, which was between the salt and hot sauce, and threw it at him. Jaejoong just lifted his hand up and dodged my attack while still laughing.

“Uhmm excuse me?” A soft shy voice let out.

Jaejoong and I immediately froze. He immediately stopped laughing and stiffened in shock.

Our eyes widen slightly as we stared at each other. They recognized us? Damn it, that idiot was laughing to hard. We drew attention to ourselves. , we are going to have to make a run for it. As if I sent him a silent message, Jaejoong nodded his head at me slowly. Please don’t do anything stupid. I then turned my head slowly to the side to look at the two red faced girls standing next to our table. They look like they are in their mid-teens. Aren’t they supposed to be in school? , the younger they are the worse they are. One of the girls lifted her hand towards me making me flinch.

 I saw from the corner of my eye that Jaejoong was ready to jump out the chair and make a run for it. He was looking at me with a fierce gaze as if saying that he was waiting for my signal. I think we can make it to the car, right?

Wait?

What’s the signal?

“Can we borrow your salt, our table doesn’t have any?” The girl let out in quick breath.

Salt?

Salt?

They gave me a heart attack and almost unleashed roadrunner here because of salt. I let out a breath of relief. Chuckling at how ridiculous Jaejoong and I were being, I rubbed my forehead. We were ready to make a mad dash for the car without looking back. The girls gave me a weird look, but I just shook my head.

“Yeah.” I let out. I handed them the salt container with a friendly smile. “You can take it. We don’t need it.”

“Thank you, Unnie.” One of the girl’s said grabbing the container and bowing slightly to me. I smiled nodding slowly to her. She then made her way to leave, but her friend stayed still. Her brown eyes scanning Jaejoong and I with deep precision. I felt myself start to sweat under her stare. Praying she doesn’t recognize us.  “Sunye-ah? Aren’t you coming?”

“You two look familiar?” The girl let out ignoring her friend.

!

“Sunye-ah? What are you talking about?” The girl’s friend came back to stand next to her. Her hand still clenching the salt. Jaejoong and I gulped loudly as we looked at them. Both girls stared at us with narrowed eyes. “Hey, you two do look familiar.”

Double !

“Fu-!” I almost cursed out loud jumping in my seat.

I felt a sharp pain on my leg. I snapped my head towards Jaejoong to see him glaring at me.

He just kicked me!

I scowled at the disguised man with annoyance as he sent me a silent message with his eyes. ‘Do something’ is what he said. I quickly kicked him back giving him the same look. Jaejoong let out a yelp as he jumped in shock. He is the man. He should do something. We both glared at each other having a silent argument on who to talk. Maybe we should just make a run for it? I looked towards the back door tilting my head to the side. Jaejoong nodded his head with a serious expression saying he was up for it.

Ok, I just need to create a distraction so we can make a run for it. Or I can just scare them away. Oh, I know.

“Ah! You probably seen me at work.” I answered. I looked at the girls with a devious smile. “I work at night in the corner just two streets down.” Jaejoong immediately let out a snort while the girl’s eyes widen in shock. They gasped under their breath as I leaned towards them. “You know, you are pretty girls if your dads are bored with your moms just let me know. I can give them a discount. You know what, you can even let your mom’s know. I go both ways. ” I let out winking at them.

And with that, the girls practically ran away from us.

“You are insane.” Jaejoong laughed standing up.

“Told you I was crazy.” I breathed out standing up to.

Both of us let out another laugh as we made our way out the back door, but not before saying bye to everyone. I even sent a wink to the two girls making them shiver in disgust. Jaejoong quickly scolded me for picking on the girls. I laughed at him as we made our way towards the car.

 Jaejoong got in quickly turning it on. He then took off his wig and removed his makeup with a makeup remover wipe. I still stood outside with the passenger door open. Jaejoong’s windows were tinted enough that no one can see him from the outside. I let out a heavy breath as I looked around making sure no one was around. I have to go. I think I got a few minutes left before I have to be at the music video shoot.

“What are you doing? Get in.” Jaejoong exclaimed motioning with his hands for me to come in. I bent down to look at Jaejoong. My hands rested on the top of his car. I shook my head at him. Jaejoong rolled his eyes as he let out a heavy sigh. “Sam.”

“I am not far from the company. I can walk.” I breathed out. I gave him a soft smile. “Thank you for driving me here and keeping me company.” I leaned into the car grabbing my duffle bag and blazer. Before I can bend back up to leave, Jaejoong grabbed my wrist. His brown eyes stared at me with longing. “Jaejoong.” I sighed.

“I know I can’t convince you to let me drive you to the company, but can I at least give you my number so you can text me. I need to know you made it there safe at least.”

“I can take care of myself.”

“Sam.” He simply begged. I looked into his eyes falling for his puppy dog look. “Please.”

Ugh! Damn him.  

“Fine.” I groaned. I took out a pen and a piece of paper from my bag remembering my phone was dead. Jaejoong looked at the pen and paper in confusion. He slowly grabbed them. “Write down your number. Remember my phone died. When I get to my company, I will plug my phone and call you right away. I promise.”

I watched in silence as Jaejoong quickly wrote his number on the piece of paper. He used his knee like a hard surface to write it. After he scribbled the numbers he handed me back the paper and pen. I nodded at him as he made me promise again out loud that I will call him. Grabbing my duffle bag and blazer, I bent back up. I closed the passenger door to Jaejoong’s car and with a small wave I walked away. I didn’t want to. I actually wanted to ditch my schedule today and climb back in his car to hang out with him.

 But I can’t.

I grabbed a Yankee, New York baseball team, snapback from inside my bag and placed it tightly on my head. I walked away entering the sidewalk heading towards the company building. Halfway there I stopped in my tracks as I realized something.

Damn it, He still has my hoodie.