BLOOD CALLS

Dents of the Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona's POV

I spent the last two weeks of my vacations before college without a single visit from my father. That meant I did not feel upset once. I passed my days helping my mother at the hospital she worked at. The cardiology wing needed a lot of assistance making sure the older people’s needs where well met. It made me happy to help others.

“Mom, what was that about Zhou Mi’s sister?” I said on one of those days.

“Well, Zhou Mi, is brother to the famous model, Choi Sulli”,

“Really?” I said surprised.

“Yes, but the bad thing is that she has a heart condition since she was a kid, and I’ve been her doctor for the past three years. Not many people know she’s sick.”

“Wow” I said, “she looks so healthy”

“She does, her heart problems can be kept in check if monitored perfectly, everybody takes care of her so she’s doing fine.”

I was still in disbelief, Choi Sulli, the supermodel. The girl was beautiful and really tall, she was the last person I would expect to be sick.

Every day, after helping out at the hospital or visiting with Sooyoung, I would make sure I walked by the street where I had met Zhou Mi, but I didn’t see him again.

I woke up early for my first day of school, excited. Not so much because of school but because of the promise of meeting Zhou Mi again. I spent my time between classes unconsciously looking around. Sadly I did not meet him once.

My last class was late, at six in the afternoon, and I decided to stay on campus and wait for it to start, instead of going home and coming back. I had signed up for private dance lessons, with the head of the department of dance. Although private lessons where really expensive, it did not worry me, “daddy” paid the bills.

As I entered the room, I was surprised to find that the instructor was not alone but accompanied by a younger girl. A girl I had often seen acting in dramas. This was the first time I had met her in person, and not on television, or when observing the sole picture I had of her with my father when she was younger. Krystal, my half-sister, who did not know I existed, was standing in front of me. She was beautiful, and I had to admit we shared some similarities in the look department.

I could have stayed in a state of shock, but the girl came up to me and said excitedly “you must be Yoona! Nice to meet you, let’s stretch”, as she pulled me to the floor. I barely had a chance to introduce myself to the instructor, she just smiled and gestured me to go on.

Krystal was the opposite of what I had imagined. I guess she was a lot like me. When people first met me they would have the impression that I was cold, but I was the opposite, that was the same impression I had of Krystal before I had met her. She was a cut

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter