Lies Can't Hide

Dents of the Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Zhou Mi’s POV

I felt like crying. She sat there on that windowsill looking at the driveway day and night. I had to force her to sleep on the bed once night came. She didn’t want me to touch her; she just wanted to be alone at all times. It had already been three days since her mother had died, but after she had talked to the hospitals president she had come back home and done nothing but stare out the window.  Her mother was still “alive” in the hospital, but she had not made a move to see her even once.

 As I sat on the couch in her room looking at her my phone rang. I answered knowing that disturbing Yoona was almost impossible in her state. “Hello”

“Zhou Mi, baby!” My mother crooned excitedly “We have a donor for Sullis heart!”

“Really?” I asked as a smile filled my face, “Who is it?”

“They would not tell us, but a nurse told me the woman had an accident three days ago and her brain died, so her daughter specifically asked that the heart go to Sulli, she must be a fan …” I slowly registered those words as I kept on looking at Yoona. My phone fell to the floor as I rushed up to her and held her tight. I didn’t want to cry in front of her but the tears came, my sister was going to be okay, because Yoona, had decided to let her mother go. That was the reason why she hadn’t gone back to the hospital. I hugged her but she didn’t move, she just kept looking out the window.

I went down stairs when I heard knocking on the door.

Victoria’s POV

As he opened the door I saw Zhou Mi and hugged him tightly, looking at him in the eye. He nodded, showing me he knew what had happened at the hospital, and what Yoona had done. I saw some tears in his eyes and I brushed them off as I walked inside and straight into the kitchen.

“How is she?” I asked, as I washed some vegetables for a chicken soup I was making.

“Not well, she doesn’t look at me, and she has no reactions to anything.”

As I cooked I was thinking of what I could do. What had gotten me out of my depression years ago when I lost my own mother?

Suddenly it hit me. I had Seohyun and Zhou Mi, my friends, but I also had a reason to keep going, my brothers. Soooyung, Zhou Mi, Max and I could be Yoona’s friends, and Krystal was the sister. Too bad Krystal didn’t know it.

“Her father hasn’t come over?” I asked hopefully. Maybe now that her mother was dead he was willing to let Krystal know Yoona was her sister.

“Of course not.” Zhou Mi said looking upset, “I hope he never does he is a worthless man after all.”

I nodded, that was actually true. I took the soup upstairs tailed by Zhou Mi, only to find Yoona, as Zhou Mi had said, looking the same. I fed her but she wouldn’t respond. I had to do something, or she was going to go to waste really soon.

“I’ll be back” I said walking out of the door, leaving Zhou Mi perplexed.

I left the house getting into my car while I called Changmin. “Maxxxxxx ! We are on a mission

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter