Final

Don't Fall For Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany stared at the principal with an apologetic smile, her eyes darting over at her son who was sulking in the seat beside her. She had been called straight from one of her yoga classes because of her son; not that she was angry or anything but there had to be a reason why her son was causing so much trouble in school. She wasn't going to scold him for nothing again, she had learnt her lesson with her first son.

“I hope you understand, Mrs Kwon. I want him to do well in school because he’s a bright boy and he’s exceptionally clever but some of his antics, I cannot let go.”

“I understand. I’m so sorry for this.”

The principal smiled back and stood up, walking the mother and son out of the office.

There was pin-drop silence between mother and son as they made their way out of the school gates; it had never been so quiet before. Tiffany was a chatterbox and her younger son happened to take after her in that matter; there was no way these two would ever be quiet around each other. It was considered new to both Tiffany and him... this situation was unfamiliar and it was difficult. 

Tiffany sighed, taking her son’s hand into hers, “why did you do that, Jaehyung-ah?”

The little boy just looked down and directed his gaze at the ground instead, not daring to face his mother. He didn’t want to look into Tiffany’s eyes and see the slightest hint of disappointment in them. His father always reminded him: his mother was the prettiest when she was smiling happily and that was the only way Jaehyung wanted to see her since that.

“Jaehyung…”

“They made fun of me, Umma…”

Tiffany frowned and pulled her son with her to the bench. She sat down and cupped Jaehyung’s cheeks, “what did they make fun of, baby? It must have been so bad that you had to hit one of them. You don't like using your fists.” Tiffany didn’t like the idea of violence among adults, much less kids when her own child was involved; violence was not a way to solve any problem whatsoever. 

The hesitation in Jaehyung’s eyes were evident and Tiffany pulled her son into her arms, feeling horrible his fear. She didn’t even need to hear anything; she already knew the reason why. Jaehyung had mentioned this before and this was not the first time he’s been bullied for this reason.

“Oh God…”

Sniffles were soon heard from both mother and son as they shed tears into each other’s shoulder; this had been sore topic for the both of them.

“I don’t want you to listen to those bullies because I loved you even before I gave birth to you. Appa and Umma just got married later than other couples, you know that.”

Tiffany wasn't ready for marriage when she got pregnant with her second son, probably because of her insecurities and her indecisiveness. She didn't mean to get pregnant indeed but Yuri was patient enough to wait; there was no point in rushing into marriage when there was a chance that they might regret. If Yuri wasn't as patient, they might not even be together right now. 

Jaehyung pulled away from his mother’s embrace and planted a kiss on her cheek, “I know, Umma. I’m okay.”

God, both her sons were so mature. 

Why did they have to grow up so fast? 

 

*

 

“Junhyung-ah, kick higher!”

“I want your leg up!”

“Kick Appa’s head!”

Junhyung immediately dropped his defensive stance and pouted at his father deeply. “How can I kick you, Appa? That’s completely crazy!” 

Yuri rolled his eyes playfully, laughing into his boxing gloves as he stared at his precious son. He knew Junhyung wouldn't dare but this was a kick-boxing lesson and not a real fight so it wouldn't matter if Junhyung actually hit him or not. He was willing to get punched or kicked as long as his son actually learnt the proper movements of a kick-boxer.

“Jun, look at me and make sure you focus. A kick to the head is the most important when you’re fighting off someone who wants to hurt you or others.”  

Junhyung sighed, bringing both fists to his face like his father taught him too. He really didn't want to hurt Yuri, especially since Yuri had another boxing lesson with another child the other day. That child gave his father some horrid bruises and Junhyung already detested the sight of it. Geez... to think his father found boxing lessons fun enough to continue teaching when he was injured. 

“Please be careful, Appa…”

“Don’t worry. I can handle anything.”

 

*

*

 

“As if you can handle everything, what’s wrong with you?”

“I told J---”

“You told him to hit you and now you have a black eye as well as a bruised jaw.”

Yuri stayed silent, letting his wife put cream on his facial injuries in peace or he’d get hit not by his son, but Tiffany this time. He shouldn't even be saying anything when his wife in this mode - the talk-back-to-me-and-I'll-kick-your- mode. In this case, Yuri shouldn't even have talked back to Tiffany by explaining the reason; it was only annoying the heck out of his poor wife.

At the same time, he couldn’t bring himself to stop staring at his wife… Tiffany had that frown on her face but she looked so beautiful; it almost seemed as if the entire world stopped moving whenever Yuri focused on her alone.

“Why are you staring at me like that?” Tiffany asked out of the blue, looking up from Yuri’s wounds, “do you like seeing me angry like this?”

Yuri shook his head, forming one of the goofiest smiles Tiffany had ever seen of her husband. He looked so lovestruck like he did years ago, and Tiffany felt herself fall for her husband even more. Of course, she knew Yuri didn't like to see her angry but he had a couple of habits Tiffany never failed to miss any of them. Those habits were the reason why they were mutually attracted in the first place.

Tiffany’s cheeks were tinted different shades of pink as she tried to maintain the eye contact with Yuri; his gaze on her was making her feel extraordinary, beautiful to be exact. Yuri never failed to reassure her even if she didn’t reveal her insecurities out loud; he knew the way to get to her quick and easy.

“The next time you get bruised up like this, I’m not going to get you cleaned up. is that understood, Kwon Yuri?”

Yuri playfully saluted, “understood, madam.”

Groaning at her cheeky husband, Tiffany gathered the first aid items and placed them into the box before making her way to the kitchen where her two boys were having their supper. She knew the longer she stayed there with Yuri in the living room, the faster Yuri would start making fun of her. Yuri didn’t change much even after several years had passed; his original cheeky

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter