Chapter 18

Don't Fall For Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Junhyung was taught by Luna to call Tiffany the proper term for mother which is 'Umma' and that's why he's not calling Tiffany 'Mama' anymore.

 

 

---

 

 

“Umma…” Junhyung softly called out, tugging on Tiffany’s oversized sweater, “you’re not going to work again?”

Tiffany had not been going to work for the past three days and she was a mess; if it wasn’t for Junhyung who had been keeping her company at home, she couldn’t imagine where her sanity would be by now. She still couldn’t believe that those words left Yuri’s own lips, and he could say it while looking straight into Hyoyeon’s eyes. For pete’s sake, Hyoyeon was going to become a father soon!

“I can’t, baby.” Tiffany whispered and turned towards her son who was lying beside her on her bed. She gently cupped Junhyung’s cheeks and gave him a kiss on the nose, “are you hungry?”

Junhyung felt as if he had been starving for ages but he wasn’t going to admit that, not with his mother having dark circles and puffy eyes for the past few days. Don’t get me wrong; Tiffany has been feeding him regularly and all but Junhyung was a growing boy, and he was starting to crave more food than the normal portions he always consumed. 

When Tiffany caught sight of the hesitation in Junhyung's eyes, an immense amount of guilt bottled up in her; she has been neglecting her son too much and Junhyung has had to bear the full brunt of her behaviour. That's when she finally decided that enough was enough; she was not going to wallow in self-pity any longer. 

“You know what?” Tiffany exclaimed and got out of bed, “let’s go out and have a huge breakfast! I’ll let you eat your fill today, Junhyung.” She couldn’t help but eyesmile when Junhyung sat up and started to clap his hands happily, “now, I want you to take a good shower and comb your hair afterward while I do the same and get myself ready, okay?” 

Junhyung was obedient and he knew when a good reward was waiting for him; as ordered by Tiffany, he went to the bathroom and took a nice shower before changing into his jeans and a blue sweatshirt with his name and the number '4' that Yuri custom-made for him. He suddenly bit on his lower lip and sighed; he had no idea where Yuri was and he missed him. 

Well, if he wanted to see Yuri, then there was only one way.

Tiptoeing out of his room and into the living room, Junhyung made sure Tiffany was still in the bathroom before he took the house phone and looked for Yuri's contact. Yuri had sneakily added his name into the house phone when Tiffany was sleeping and did it while Junhyung was watching. Junhyung could still remember Yuri's words to him back then: “whenever you want me around, just call me and I’ll pick up.” 

 

Tiffany could feel her eyelids starting to close as she held onto the bar to keep her balance; for the past few days, Tiffany had been drinking herself to sleep right after Junhyung was in bed and it didn't turn out well for she always woke up with headache. She had to pat her cheeks a couple of times to keep herself awake; falling asleep in the bus was a no-no. 

“Umma,” Junhyung frowned and reached a hand up to pat Tiffany’s stomach, “sit here and Junhyung will stand.” Junhyung’s eyes narrowed when Tiffany shook her head, insisting on standing while she let him sit. “Umma, listen to me…” Junhyung smiled at Tiffany’s look of shock and surprise, “sit down and put me on your lap.”

Knowing that the little impatience visible in Junhyung’s expression wasn’t going to leave till Tiffany followed his command, she had no choice but to sit down and place Junhyung on her lap. “Happy now, you little tiger?” Tiffany chuckled and nuzzled her nose against Junhyung’s, hugging her precious son closer to her as she whispered softly, “I’m glad you’re with me…” 

A soft smile appeared on Junhyung’s face as he settled into Tiffany’s embrace, enjoying the warmth of his mother. He hadn’t been able to spend quality time with Tiffany these days because she often handed him over to Luna while she tried to drown her sorrows in alcohol. Now that they were finally going to have breakfast together, Junhyung could only hope that Yuri would be there before them.

Little did he know…

 

 

Yuri could feel his heartbeat speed up at the thought of seeing Tiffany after a week of not meeting each other. He hadn't been in contact with anyone ever since that day at the boxing ring, even Yoona and Krystal weren't talking to him. Even if they wanted to talk to him, people like Jessica or Nicole, Yuri didn't want to talk to them. Whether it was his pride or guilt, Yuri couldn't tell which was hindering him from talking to any of them. 

In the beginning, Yuri was a bit skeptical when Junhyung called him and told him that he missed him; the painful truth was that he had been waiting at Minho's cafe everyday without fail, because he didn't have the guts to go to Tiffany's apartment. If it wasn't for Minho who told him that Tiffany wouldn't be coming, Yuri would have probably waited from dawn to dusk. 

“Appa!”

Yuri caught sight of Tiffany’s widened eyes when Junhyung let go of her hand, running towards him. He gently caught Junhyung in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter