Chapter 19

Don't Fall For Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica stared at the messy living room in front of her in disgust, unable to hide her shock and surprise at the sight that greeted her. She was expecting a clean and tidy apartment since there was no words or any update from her cousin whatsoever - perhaps, Yuri was fine without Tiffany's presence in his life. Looking at the state of Yuri's apartment, she had thought wrong indeed. 

Carefully walking around empty bottles of alcohol lying and dirty clothes lying all over the floor, Jessica snorted and blew harshly through her lips. 

“That little is going to get it from me!” Jessica hissed and banged on the bedroom door consistently; she had enough of this nonsense and she was not going to tolerate it anymore. Jessica sighed and furrowed her eyebrows, “Yah, open up. Kwon Yuri, stop being a coward and come out now.” 

There was no response for the next five minutes and Jessica was getting really frustrated; she was not a patient woman and Yuri should know that by now - they practically grew up together. What made her angrier was that Yuri was practically behaving like a depressed boyfriend when he was the one who brought this upon himself. He hurt Tiffany and he was the one playing a victim - ridiculous.

“Yuri!”

Finally getting sick of the waiting, Jessica landed her hand on the handle and was about to bust the door when she realised it was free to press on; the door had been unlocked for the longest time ever and she had been waiting there like a fool. She gritted her teeth and tightened her grip on the door handle, pushing it open.

“Yuri?”

 Her first steps into the room and Jessica couldn’t help but to roll her eyes at the sight; she thought the living room was a mess but the bedroom was even worse. It looked as if a typhoon had been through here and left in a wreck; blanket and pillows were all over the place, bottles were laid out on the floor and clothes were strewn everywhere as well. 

And a lump under the heaps of blankets lay right in the middle of the bed, the soft up-and-downs signalling the peaceful breathing. 

“How dare you act like the victim when you caused your own wreck of a relationship? Do you think you deserve the right to behave like this, Yuri? You threw her under the bus right after you had your fun with her, didn’t you?”

“I DIDN’T!” 

The ice princess was taken aback by the short but undoubtedly loud response. She came here with the intention of knocking some well-mannered sense into Yuri's head; Yuri's response was not going to scare her off and it was only going to fuel her anger so it would be a way for Jessica to be fierce and as strong as steel against her cousin. 

“No? You gave her hope and you tried your best to win her over, which you did – unfortunately, I might add. She fell for you and even admitted her deep, dark secret that she would rather bring to the grave with her. She had so many chances to go for better guys who offered more things but she still chose to be with you, even though you aren’t rich or superior to other guys.”  

Tears rolled down the side of Yuri’s eyes as he tried to block out everything Jessica was saying; he knew Tiffany deserved the best and he had broken his vow to become what she deserved. He clamped his hands over his ears and forced himself to shut his eyes; every single scene of Tiffany’s teary eyes and her hand swinging across his cheek was replaying in his mind – it was so heartbreaking… her eyes showed just how much she had been hurt by him. 

“I even offered to introduce her to another guy and do you know what she told me?” Jessica sat on the bed with a sigh, “she said she had enough of getting hurt by men, especially since the one who treated her perfectly turned out to be the same as every other.” 

More and more tears started to make their way down his cheeks; Yuri was the one who promised that he would be different and bring her happiness again. He told her he would be with her for every step of the way to getting herself together again - it all turned out to be trash-talk in the end. He still left her when he told her he wouldn't. 

“And don’t say I didn’t warn you, Yuri. She’s planning to leave Seoul by the end of this month; the only reason why she’s still here is because she’ll receive her salary from Minho at the end of the month and she’s giving him some face – after all, he did give her a job when she needed one.”

That being said, Yuri only heard another disappointed sigh before the weight that was on the bed disappeared along with the click of the door. He finally let out a sniffle and cuddled into his blanket more, sobbing his heart out as he remembered Tiffany and her beautiful smile – he had lost her forever. He was a hundred percent sure that she would never come back to him again.

Never again.

 

-

 

“God, you’re a mess.”

“Thank you?”

“You’re welcome.”

Yuri didn’t say anything to that and he threw an arm over his face, ignoring the smug smile thr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter