Chapter 22

Don't Fall For Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BANG! BANG! BANG!

 

Jessica had more than enough of this goddamn nonsense, like for real; Tiffany had also banged on her door like a monster last night while she shed tears as a little baby would. Now here she was, rushing to get it for whoever was behind the bloody door in her freaking bunny pyjamas. Seriously, one more day of being a sponge between Yuri and Tiffany, and Jessica was done.

“WHAT DO YOU WANT?!”

“Rude.”

Yuri didn’t even wait for Jessica to allow them in; Junhyung had run into the apartment without waiting for them. A smile finally appeared on Yuri’s face for the first time since last night, and he carefully made his way into Jessica’s living room. He saw Tiffany's slippers outside and a grin crawled upon his face - the woman had fun out of his apartment in two different patterned slippers. 

How did a perfectionist like Tiffany not realise that? 

“You better make it up to her,” Jessica glared at her cousin, smacking the back of Yuri’s head, “I’ve hugged her to sleep all night and I am Taeyeon-deprived at the moment. I am very frustrated and I want to get some tonight, you hear me?”

Jesus; just how long have Taeyeon and Jessica not get it on?

Junhyung bounced on the sofa excitedly; he had woken up early to get himself dressed and his hair gelled because Yuri told him that they would be bringing Tiffany around today. He even combed his hair another time when Yuri was done; he really wanted to look good for his mother. Maybe it was the fact that Yuri was busy looking good in front of him that made Junhyung wanted to follow as well. 

“Aunt Sica!” Junhyung called out, patting the space beside him with a charming smile, “come sit with me.”

As much as Jessica wanted to continue knocking some sense into Yuri’s head, she couldn’t resist the little boy’s smile that told her a lot more. Jessica smiled and sat beside Junhyung, taking the blushing prince into her arms – Junhyung always liked spending time with his precious aunties because they showered him with even more love and gifts, especially Jessica since the only male relative of similar age she had was Yuri.

Yuri wanted to ask where Tiffany was but Jessica simply raised a hand and pointed to the bedroom without looking at her cousin. He shook his head and took a deep breath, moving towards the bedroom step by step - Tiffany was still in bed; it only showed just how exhausted she was after last night's events.

“Yul?”

“Hey, Taeng… mind opening the door for me?”

Taeyeon patted Yuri’s back supportively and he smiled, twisting the door knob gently – the two lovers needed to make up before either decided to give up on the thought. “Good luck, Yuri. Please, please don’t screw your own chance… you two have been through so much.” Yuri nodded firmly; he had no plans to mess up anything today because he was going to win Tiffany back at all costs.

Yuri's heart broke when he entered the room - the floor was littered with crumpled tissues and clothes strewn all over; it was clear that even Jessica couldn't cope with Tiffany's emotions last night. He bit on his lower lip and tried to be quiet, snaking his way around the obstacle course on the floor in front of him - being on crutches... it was the biggest burden of his life at the moment. 

“Easy does it…” Yuri mumbled to himself, “you can make it there with—WOAH!”

Tiffany jumped awake and sat up in bed, her sleepiness getting knocked out of her when she saw a groaning figure on the ground with a crutch a distance away. She frowned and stayed silent for a while, wondering who could it b-- Yuri? What in the world was Yuri doing here so early in the morning when he should be resting at home?

With how much Yuri's been moving around, Tiffany could guarantee his injuries wouldn't heal any time soon. 

“Yuri! What are you doing here?”

Yuri groaned a little as Tiffany flipped him onto his back at his request; the pain shooting up his arm and through his shoulder was killing him, his ankle was probably in a worse condition than it originally was. Tiffany's heart went out to the poor thing on the floor; how could Yuri come over when he was in such a bad state? How could anyone be so devoted to the point of risking his own well-being? 

“You really need to stop moving around so much or you’re never going to recover, Yul,” Tiffany sighed and gently pushed Yuri’s bangs away from his face, “I know what you’re doing; you don’t have to.”

Tiffany frowned when she saw Yuri's eyes turn watery in a matter of seconds; she simply wanted to remind Yuri to be more careful, especially now that he was injured. She cut eye contact with Yuri and examined his arm in the sling, rubbing Yuri's shoulder tenderly. She facepalmed when she saw the angle Yuri's ankle was in; that one was not going to heal soon even if he took care of it. 

“Y-Yuri?”

Tiffany couldn’t say a single thing when Yuri forced himself to turn on his side, mindless of the cold floor he was lying on. She patted Yuri’s waist but he didn’t give her a response. “Yul? Look at me,” Tiffany persisted and finally cupped Yuri’s face with her cold palms, “hey… what’s wrong?” Yuri was shedding tears in front of her, his other hand covering his eyes in embarrassment as he tried to shy away.

“Baby, look at me!”

That specific endearment made Yuri look up, his teary eyes wide open in shock as he stared at Tiffany – since when did he do anything worth forgiving? Yuri couldn’t remember an actual event where Tiffany could be in the same room as him without her holding back from beating the daylights out of him. Something must have happened to Tiffany while he wasn't around. 

“A-Are you feeling o-okay?”

“I’m just fine, Yul. Why?”

No, there was definitely something wrong with this Tiffany…

 

 

“YURI!!!!”

“He’s coming round…”

“Geez, how clumsy can he get?”  

Yuri’s eyelids flickered open unstably and he found his head lying on Tiffany’s lap with a pair of worried eyes gazing at him; the feel of Tiffany's fingers running through his locks were real after all. Tiffany wanted to ask Yuri how he was but the way Yuri was looking at her; it was telling her just how many questions

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter