Chapter 16

Don't Fall For Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seohyun sat in the cafe with a downcast expression, waiting for Nichkhun to turn up so they could finally trash things out. She was still in a stage of turmoil and confusion, knowing that dating Nichkhun had its risks as well. She never wanted to see Yuri that angry again or her other siblings having to tolerate her choice of a boyfriend. 

Just as Seohyun was thinking about that, the door to the cafe swung opened and revealed the exact person she wanted to see at this moment - Nichkhun. Yet, Nichkhun looked like a perfect gentleman and he was dressed for a date; he looked perfect.

“Hey,” Nichkhun greeted with a small smile, “have you been waiting long?”

Seohyun shook her head and gestured to the seat, “let’s just talk and get this over with.” Nichkhun’s smile faltered for a mere second before he brought it up to his boy-next-door smile and took a seat. “I guess that’s the very least I can give you, Seo. I won’t drag it on longer than it needs to be.”

The young woman almost scoffed at her boyfriend’s last sentence but held it in, seeing that today might as well be the end of their relationship as well. Nichkhun could feel his heart pumping against his ribcage and he knew it wasn’t a good sign but he didn’t have a choice anymore.

“First thing’s first…” Seohyun said and Nichkhun managed a small aww in his mind, seeing how Seohyun was still the ambitious but orderly woman he started to have a crush on. “First, I want to know if… you have ever loved me? Or maybe even liked me just a little?” Seohyun looked up and finally met Nichkhun’s eyes but what stunned him was the sight of her teary eyes.

He would admit that Seohyun was merely someone who took his mind off Tiffany two years ago but within that long range, Nichkhun's feelings were also in the midst of developing. Honestly, Seohyun had played a huge part in helping Nichkhun forget about Tiffany in that past two years and now looking at it, why did he even come back to Korea? 

“I… I started having a small crush on you when you wanted to prove to me that I could forget my ex-girlfriend, which is Fany…” 

If Seohyun was being completely honest at this point, Nichkhun's small but unexpected revelation was making her heart race effortlessly. All she wanted back then was to help Nichkhun get over his past relationship and unknowingly, she too had fallen for him after seeing the vast difference between his strongest and his weakest points. 

“If you did then why didn’t you tell me what happened between you and Fany-unnie? Did you think you could hide it forever or perhaps, I would be too stupid to find out on my own?”

Nichkhun felt pang after pang hit him straight in the heart, knowing that was how Seohyun thought of him now. He knew he was wrong in hiding it from her but there was no way he thought of her in that way - the past just wasn't something to be brought up. Even though Seohyun was technically the one who helped him with loads, Nichkhun just couldn't open up enough to get his past out again. 

“I just didn’t want to bring the past up; it’s really not something I should be proud of. I was a selfish and horrible person back then… how could I tell you about it so shamelessly? I regretted my actions; I regretted it so much and it took me ages to forget about it, even with you by my side. How can I risk having you leave me once I tell you?” 

If Seohyun thought she was the only one hurt by everything, she wasn't after seeing Nichkhun start to tear up as well. 

 

Flashback.

Nichkhun was sitting in the restaurant alone with an opened bottle of wine, well over closing hours if he might say so himself. He knew he was supposed to close for tonight and he did but for some reason, he couldn't bring himself to leave. His heart was unexpectedly heavy and painful; Seohyun was back and she just turned out to be his ex-girlfriend's current boyfriend's sister.

If this wasn't fate, he didn't know what was. 

“Nichkhun?”

Oh, he knew that voice anywhere.

“What are you doing here?”

Tiffany stood behind him with her hands on her hips, rather displeased at seeing him again but his heavy shoulders made her feel sorry for him. “I’m locking up tonight… you can leave first.” Tiffany slung her bag over her shoulder and turned around ready to leave when she thought she heard a sniffle. Her feet wouldn’t move; she had to check on Nichkhun with absolutely no thanks to her soft heart.

Nichkhun almost jumped when the chair in front of him slid out, revealing Tiffany with a stoic expression.

Tiffany rested her chin on her hands and asked, “what’s bothering you? Why are you crying?” Nichkhun didn’t feel strange; he felt more relieved that Tiffany was trying to show a bit of concern for him. “I… I’m fine, really. You don’t have to stay behind and ask me.” Tiffany sat back in her seat and leaned back leisurely, “you’re not going to get rid of me so don’t even try.”

Right then and there, Nichkhun finally revealed the most genuine smile in the recent weeks of events. He should have remembered the most distinct thing about Tiffany - if Tiffany wanted something, she would get it no matter what the circumstances were.

“I’m just at a loss…” 

“You don’t know what to do with Seohyun, right?”

Oh right, Tiffany could also be a good mind-reader when she wanted to be one - such minor things about Tiffany couldn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter