Chapter 20

Don't Fall For Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Unnie… I am so sorry,” Seohyun whispered, resting her head against Tiffany’s shoulder as she hugged the older woman tightly, “if only I could solve my own problem with Nick, things wouldn’t end up this way between you and Oppa… shall I talk to him? Perhaps, things can be resolved, and you don’t have to leave Seoul soon…”

Tiffany cracked a small smile; they were not getting it – Yuri had changed entire situation into something between them, and accused her of cheating. She couldn’t bring herself to face Yuri, because her heart would only weaken and expose her to risks again. Nichkhun broke her heart once, Yuri broke it again – the most hurtful part was that Yuri knew what she had gone through and promised he wouldn’t break it.

It was so painful… so hurtful to think that they would end up like this in a span of only a year.

“The situation has changed, Seo…” Tiffany’s eyes turned to the playground where Junhyung was running around with Nichkhun, “I know you’re waiting for Nick to prove himself to you and I’m proud of you for being mature; that’s what you should be focusing on, not Yuri and me anymore.” 

Seohyun didn't make the choice with Yuri, but she made sure to talk to Hyoyeon and Krystal to let her know of her decision and she promised to accept the consequences if anything else happened. Hyoyeon even hit Nichkhun when they met the second time at a gym, plus Krystal made sure to give him a piece of her mind - all this they did when Yuri was locked up in his room.

Tiffany had already made up her mind - the moment she saved enough money and was assured of her financial situation, she would bring Junhyung back with her to America where they would build a new home together. 

“Is there really no chance for my brother?”

“I don’t think so.”

“Yes, there is.”

Seohyun felt horrible for doing this the moment she saw Tiffany freeze in her seat, but she wanted to help Yuri too. Yuri looked like someone who had lost the world, and he did – he didn’t even realise it, but Tiffany had become his world in a year. As to how that happened so quickly, Yuri had no clue but he wanted it to remain that way and he was going to make sure it did.

Yuri silently thanked his sister for doing this and sat beside Tiffany nervously, his fingers clasped together and placed on his lap. Tiffany gritted her teeth and forced a smile, turning to face Yuri who was beside her. Her jaw unconsciously fell slack when she saw how bruised up Yuri was; his face had small cuts and bruises and his right arm was in a sling - to make things even worse, his right ankle was in a cast so Yuri walked with crutches.

“What the hell happened to you?”

Rubbing the back of his neck shyly, Yuri embarrassedly looked up, “I sparred with Hyoyeon-hyung and as one of the ways I wanted to say sorry, I let him hit me till he felt better.” Tiffany wanted to laugh but decided against it and cleared , “that was stupid. Then what about your arm and ankle? I’m sure Hyoyeon-oppa didn’t break your arm on purpose.” Tiffany was being sarcastic but it was fine; she was hurt.

Yuri shook his head and lifted his arm a little, “it’s not my arm. It’s the ligament at my shoulder; he said I overworked it and for now, it’s best not to go near the weights at the gym so he put my arm in a sling to stop any excessive movements. As for my ankle, it's really really swollen so it's in a cast for now. So now, I can’t eat on my own; I can’t shower on my own and I can’t even change my clothes.”

Right after he said that, there was an awkward silence that filled the atmosphere and Yuri wanted to hit himself for revealing all the things he couldn’t do; it was as if he was hinting to Tiffany to do something about it but he wasn’t. Tiffany turned with the intention of say something but the way Yuri was mumbling soft curses and pouting was starting make her feel fluttery inside all over again; this was definitely not how it was supposed to be.

“If you can’t do all that, then how are you coping when you live alone?”

For a moment there, Yuri thought he heard a small flicker of worry in Tiffany’s voice but when he looked up to face her, her eyes were completely cold and unfeeling. He willed himself to hold it together or he would break down in front of her - it was only going to slow things down and not help their current situation. 

“I’ve been trying… but it’s not working out well,” Yuri chuckled softly at the thought of the past few days; ordering take-outs and taking unbelievably long showers with only one hand, “haven’t had decent food or a decent shower since this.”

Sympathy and a unstoppabl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter