Chapter 21

Don't Fall For Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What do you need help with now?”

Yuri was expecting Tiffany to blush when she saw his bare abs but it sort of slipped his mind that they weren’t together anymore; if anything, Tiffany wanted to murder him and not gawk at him. He shut his eyes and scolded himself inwardly; Tiffany was literally glaring at him with such hatred that it was painful to even look at – it was a reality that even Yuri didn’t want to face anytime soon.

“I… I…”

Tiffany didn’t like the way Yuri was hesitating but she knew his purpose in getting her to come into the bathroom; it was pretty amusing despite the fact that they weren’t together anymore. Yuri was behaving so cutely but awkwardly that it was so unlike the old him; Tiffany felt a wave of nostalgia hit her deeply – she didn’t get to experience this side of Yuri when they were dating even over the span of one year.

“Yes? Are you done stuttering?”

Yuri gulped and held out his arm, “I can’t get my shirt off…”

A sigh left Tiffany’s lips and she pulled Yuri closer to her, carefully holding Yuri’s injured arm as she pulled off his opened shirt. She was getting frustrated at the non-stop squirming from Yuri and she smacked his other shoulder, “stop moving so I can get this off you!” Yuri instantly froze and tried to swallow down the ticklish sensation from Tiffany’s nails; it was causing such a ruckus in his stomach.

“O-Okay, thanks…”

When Tiffany didn’t start exiting the bathroom, Yuri started to get really scared; was she planning to stay here and watch him take a shower? Yuri cocked an eyebrow and pulled the towel over the front of his body, waiting for Tiffany to get the hint. Tiffany crossed her arms over her chest and tapped her foot on the floor, giving Yuri a look – she had seen everything before anyway.

“What?” Tiffany asked, “stop staring at me like that and get showered before I help you to.”

Yuri felt as if he was about to pass out at Tiffany’s words; there was no way he could shower when Tiffany was standing there with her eyes glued to him. He carefully stripped off his shorts and hurriedly threw the towel around his waist, struggling to cover the part which Tiffany should not be looking at.

“UMMMAAA!!!”

As if on cue, Tiffany rushed out of the bathroom to find Junhyung, giving Yuri a chance to finally breathe freely. Yuri placed a hand on his chest and took deep breaths in order to calm himself down; Tiffany’s presence in the same room was making all the blood in his body rush to somewhere rather inappropriate – thank goodness Tiffany didn’t notice a single thing or she would probably beat him up.

 

“What is it, baby?” Tiffany asked, picking the sulking Junhyung into her arms, “why are you screaming as if the house is about to collapse?”

Junhyung pouted and crossed his arms over his chest, looking away from his mother; he had been waddling around the house for the longest time trying to find her but all she did was pay attention to Yuri. “Umma ignored me and only took care of Appa…” Tiffany smiled, nuzzling her nose into Junhyung’s cheek as she murmured an apology before showering her son with kisses. 

“Is my baby boy jealous?”

“Umma….”

“Fine, fine. I’ll stop teasing you, cutie.”

Though Junhyung had planned for this to happen, he didn’t expect himself to start feeling jealous so quickly. Yuri was, after all, his father and it was only heaven’s will that Tiffany treated him with love and care. Just thinking about seeing his mother being sincerely happy and throwing her eye-smiles all over the place made Junhyung smile; it’s been a while since he’s seen Tiffany happy and he wanted to see it soon.

“Umma,” Junhyung hugged Tiffany’s legs, “are you making lunch for me and Appa?”

Tiffany had given up on reminding that Junhyung couldn’t call Yuri his father because every time she did, it entered one ear and exited the other without fail.

“Yes, I am.” Tiffany bent down and gave Junhyung a peck on the nose before going back to her cooking, “but I have to go to work in a while so I won’t be eating with the both of you.”

Sometimes, Junhyung couldn't understand why Tiffany had to be so hard on herself; he knew Tiffany was close to her boss at the restaurant so technically, she could be on leave anytime she wanted to be but that wasn't the case. Instead of enjoying life while she was still as young as this, Tiffany was torturing herself by working all the possible shifts in order to earn enough money for their trip home to America. 

“But I want to eat with Umma…”

“Junhyung, sweetie…”

Yuri was about to say something but he didn’t want to disrupt the mother and son; even he was very disappointed with Tiffany’s ungodly work schedule but they were still too estranged for him to tell Tiffany not to leave. He had finished changing with a couple of difficulties but he wasn’t going to call Tiffany in or she might insist on putting his clothes on for him as well – there was no way he could maintain his desires for the incredibly hot American.

Junhyung caught sight of Yuri standing behind and he waddled over to where the tanned guy was. He raised his arms with a pout and looked up to Yuri with his infamous puppy eyes, “Appa… hold me.” Yuri tried to flash Junhyung one of his naughty grins, picking the young boy up into his arms with ease, “baby, don’t you think Umma’s amazing? She’s working hard so you two can live a better life.”

Tiffany’s heart was weakening significantly with how good Yuri was with words; she missed the way he would intentionally speak with a poetic style to irritate her; she missed the way he would make sure Junhyung understood where she was coming; she missed the way Yuri would throw her some surprises using post-its and small notes to remind her how beautiful she was; she also missed the way Yuri would cuddle her to sleep when she couldn't.

Dear God - she missed Yuri so much.

Yuri wondered why it was so silent, and he looked up, only to find out that Tiffany had been spacing out. He frowned and walked closer with Junhyung in his arms; Tiffany looked so emotional all of a sudden and it was getting kind of worrying - because all she wanted to do when she got here was beat the daylights out of Yuri. Yet now, Tiffany looked as if she wanted to break down in front of him. 

Putting Junhyung down on the floor, Yuri bent down and whispered something to him before the little boy ran to the guest room and shut the door. 

“Fany?”

No response.

It was only when Tiffany finally felt Yuri’s arms around her did she finally snap out of her thoughts; she lifted her hands to push Yuri away but at the same time, she didn’t want to aggravate Yuri’s injury. Tiffany could feel Yuri trembling as he struggled to embrac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter