What is love?

All We Need Is Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was midnight when a thud woke her up. She rubbed her eyes groggily while sitting up. She thought she heard a shriek and decided to step out of her room to check. 

She walked slowly and quietly to the source of the muffled moans that were getting louder as she stepped nearer. The noises were coming from the shared bedroom by father and stepmother. The door was slightly opened as she took a peek.

She never regretted her actions so much until that day. She covered with her hands, afraid to make the slightest sound and slowly stepped backwards away from the bedroom door. Once she was sure she was a safe distance away, she hurried back into her own bedroom. 

She climbed back onto bed and glanced to make sure that Bomi was still sound asleep before she buried herself in her blankets.

She knew what her father and stepmother were doing, but witnessing the scene was not what traumatised her. It was the fact that her father really moved on from the death of her mother. She felt a huge sense of insecurity within her as well as anger. Was it really that easy for her father to move on? What is love?

But as time passed, she realised the look in the eyes of her dad when staring at her stepmother was different compared to when he looked lovingly at her own mother in the past.  

"I assumed he did it out of lust. I don't know why but I just felt he didnt love her like he loved my mum. But I do know she stuck with him because of his money. You have no idea how the hatred in her eyes looked like when the will of my dad was announced and 70% of his assets were under my name. Well she took evverything in the end." Taeyeon chuckled bitterly.

Tiffany nodded while processing what she just learnt. She felt relieved somehow thinking that her own dad did not turn blind because of lust after her own mother's death even though that made him remain single till now. She has him and he has her daughter, no third party could change that. 

"What is love to you, Taeyeon?" Tiffany questioned.

There was a long pause of silence as Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows in thought. 

Ever since she lost her parents she had never really felt loved. She wasn't sure what can be considered love. She thought of Bomi, and then Sunny and Sooyoung.

"I don't really know. Well there are people I know I love, and I can feel their love for me but.. I don't know. Okay am I a confusing you?"

"No you're not, I know where you are coming from. Love is hard to explain because it's a feeling. Sometimes we don't know how to verbalise it but we just feel it. Right now, I think you have lost trust in the meaning of love. Because you are afraid of people leaving you after you have given them your heart." Tiffany paused while studying Taeyeon's expression and she knew she was right.

"You need to overcome this fear and believe that there are certain people around you who would stay no matter what. See, you often tell me about your sister and I can tell how proud you are of her and how protective you are over her. You love her Taeyeon, your sister is a proof that love exists for you."  

Taeyeon felt warm thinking about how true Tiffany's words were. "Thanks Tiffany." After a few sessions it seems like Tiffany knows so much about her but she herself is curious about the therapist. 

"I guess the time is up, I'll see you again next week? Have you still been having nightmares lately?" 

Taeyeon shook her head. "I guess speaking my mind out to you rather than keeping everything in works. Thanks really"

"What are friends for, we're friends right. I'm here anytime you need me." Tiffany eyesmiled.

Taeyeon felt her heartbeat racing and bid goodbye, almost reluctantly. She had the thought of asking her out.

Before she closed the door, she decided to take the risk and popped her head in again. "Oh hey Tiffany, would you want to have dinner with me tomorrow night? My little sis has been wanting to meet her idol" she emphasised on the word idol and sniggered.

"Sure!" Tiffany exclaimed, mentally facepalming herself for sounding overly enthusiastic. She was glad that Taeyeon asked because she was already feeling disappointed at herself for not asking Taeyeon out and seeing her walk out. 

"O-okay great I'll text you the time and place" Taeyeon said, a little taken aback at her therapist's reaction.

Tiffany merely eyesmiled while feeling the heat up her cheeks. 'Great Tiffany Hwang she thinks you are a freak now' she ruffled her own hair out of frustration when the door closed.

She did not know why is she feeling this way. Is she falling for Kim Taeyeon? No, she managed to convince herself that she has grown to be over protective of her, that Taeyeon is just someone she really want to protect. 

*****

Bomi walked into the practice room, looking for her best friend. Instead, she found a guy back facing her at the piano, singing to a beautiful tune. She smiled as it was a voice she could recognise anywhere.

She leaned against the door, admiring the sweet and smooth voice coming from him. When he ended off the song smoothly, she clapped softly while walking towards him. 

At the sound of her claps he turned and glanced at her immediately before breaking into a smile.

"Hey Bomi. How long have you been here, why didn't you alert me?" 

She broke into her eyesmile shyly, "I didn't want to interrupt you. That was great by the way."

"Are you here for Eunji? She mentioned something about an emergency and went off though" 

"Oh?" Bomi frowned and took out her phone, checking her messages. Indeed, Eunji had informed her that she would be leaving first because she had to pick her brother up from school. She sighed, mentally scolding herself for not checking her phone earlier. 

Baekhyun seemed to understand and smiled "I can walk you home instead if you want? I'm kinda done with practice right now and I don't have anything on"

Bomi blushed at the offer but her mood immediately dropped at the thought of going home early. In fact

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter