Be strong

All We Need Is Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon's eyes fluttered open, her eyes adjusting to the sudden brightness. She stared at the sky that was in front of her for a few seconds before sitting up. 

She looked around and realised she was alone, at this huge piece of grassland. She looked down to see that she was wearing a white dress. 

She stood up and looked around, scanning the environment for others as she felt lost. 'Where is this place?'

She took a few steps, her barefeet walking on the soft and trimmed grass below. 

"Unnie.."

"Taetae"

Faint echoes were heard from above and she looked up, only to be greeted by the clear blue sky. Despite not knowing where is she, the peaceful and serene place somehow calms her heart. 

"Taeyeon" 

She walked on, thinking it's the weird voices from nowhere again. 

"Yeon ah" The voice sounded more distinct behind her and she turned to see a woman few feet away from her. 'Do I know her?' 

The woman who was also in white walked closer till she is right in front of her. She studied her features, the woman is indeed beautiful, looking like she is in her mid-thirties. 

"Yeon ah" the woman slowly embraced her. The woman pulled away after a few seconds, raising a hand to sweep away the few strands of hair that were blown by the wind covering Taeyeon's face. 'Is she an angel?'

Taeyeon's eyes shifted from the woman to a sudden appearance of white light behind the woman. She felt as if the light is asking her to go closer, there is just something that makes her attracted to it. 

"Yeon ah you see the tunnel behind you?" the woman spoke, pointing in the direction. Taeyeon turned and stared at the dark tunnel that seems to never have an end. Since when was it there? She didn't see it a few seconds ago.

"Trust me and walk into the tunnel and never look back" 

Taeyeon looked at her confusedly, and then to the light, and finally turning back to the tunnel. 'Should she trust her?'

When she stared back at the woman's eyes, she realised there is something that tells her to trust her words. There is this feeling in her that she knows the woman, but who is she exactly?

She nodded and started walking towards the tunnel. She stopped at the entrance of the tunnel, a little hesitation creeping in. She turned back to see the woman now far away from her, nodding and giving an assuring smile. 

She faced the tunnel and stared into the darkness. She took a deep breath before taking a step in and never turning back.

*****

The girls watched in horror through the huge glass door as the doctor started using the defibrillator on Taeyeon. 

Once.

No response.

Tiffany clasped her hands together tightly, praying. The girls were already in tears.

From the outside they witnessed the doctor mouthing instructions to the nurse beside him who pressed some buttons.

Twice.

No response.

"Yah Taeyeon ah!" Tiffany shouted, her fist banging the wall beside the glass door. Sunny grabbed hold of her, pulling her into her embrace tightly. 

Third. For the third time, they witnessed Taeyeon's lifeless body get lifted before landing back onto the bed.. 

Still, no response.

Chorong hid her face in Bomi's shoulder, not able to witness the scene anymore. Bomi slammed her palm on the glass door, shocking the doctor and nurses inside for a second. "Unnie" her voice trembled in fear.

Fourth.

Beep. The sound that everyone wanted to hear finally appeared. The heart rate shown on the monitor slowly increased back to normal. 

Sooyoung was the first to heave a sigh of relief, pulling all the girls into a group hug. Their sobs got louder while Sooyoung wiped her tears away.

"We almost lost her. But we didn't. Our Taengoo is a fighter. Girls it's okay now, she's okay now" she mumbled .

*****

After a few days in the ICU, Taeyeon got moved to a normal ward as her condition had shown improvements. Her condition is no longer critical. The girls took turns to take care of Taeyeon day and night. The school was informed and over the days, Taeyeon's students and several close colleagues had dropped by to pay her a visit.

Her colleagues included Hyoyeon and Yuri, the dance teachers in school who had mentioned how a great person Taeyeon is, always putting others' welfare ahead of hers. Bomi could only give them a smile, feeling proud of her sister. 

It's night time and Bomi, Chorong and Tiffany were at the hospital. Sooyoung and Sunny had gone to work after staying with Taeyeon in the day. Eunji had caught a flu so the ladies forced her to stay at home despite her whining over the phone. Tiffany was in the ward while Chorong and Bomi were doing their assignments in the lounge outside the ward. 

Chorong looked up from her book only to realise Bomi staring blankly at her own book. The girl had been exceptionally quiet that day but she thought it was because of the incident. Truth is, since the accident, all the girls had talked less as Taeyeon being in a coma had been a constant worry to them.

"Bom ah?" 

The girl looked up from her daze "Huh?"

"What is it?" she figured that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter