What are sisters for

All We Need Is Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With the blinding sunlight shining through the curtains onto her bed, Taeyeon kicked her blanket away in annoyance, huffing at the heat but still having her eyes shut tight. She rolled around, hoping to find a comfortable position to put her back to sleep. After a few minutes she gave up and slowly opened her eyes and reached for her phone on the nightstand. 

As she was scanning through her unread messages, she heard her door open and a familiar voice rang. "Tae aren't you gonna have breakfast? I made waffles and they are gonna turn spongy" the rather short being said while plopping onto Taeyeon's bed. 

"Hey don't squash my Dookoongs!" Taeyeon immediately sat up and tried to get her toy peas out from under her best friend's weight.

When her best friend did not respond, she huffed and tried to kick her off the bed lightly.

"Hey who kicks their best best best friend like this!" the rather short being whined in a voice full of aegyo.

Taeyeon rolled her eyes while hugging her Dookoongs and muttered "Me" before sticking out her tongue.

"Oh and Sunny ah since you are here, help me make my bed" she said nonchantly before walking to her bathroom.

"Yah!" Sunny whined, but still helped her friend anyway while Taeyeon snickered. 

When she finally sat down in the kitchen to have her breakfast, Sunny was already prepared to leave the house. "Tae I have to bring my car out for maintainance service, are you going anywhere today?" 

"Hmm.." Taeyeon thought for awhile as she chewed her waffles, before finalising that she had nothing in her schedule today. "Nope". Afterall it's a Sunday and she has no vocal training lessons. She only has a performance at the bar later that night.

She enjoys being a vocal trainer but not when there are actually some of her students who are trying to force their way through in wanting to become a kpop idol and yet do not have the capability. Then again as long as she sustains her job, she wouldn't mind listening to even tone deaf people singing their hearts out if she has to.

"Okay see you later, it's your turn to cook tonight in case you forgot" Sunny said before leaving the apartment. 

Just as Taeyeon was thinking of what she should do for the rest of the day, her phone rang. She looked at the caller id before breaking into a huge smile.

"Oh Bom-ah" she spoke into her phone.

"Unnie i miss you! Are you free today?" the chirpy voice at the other end made Taeyeon's heart feel warm. Afterall only her stepsister, Bomi could make her feel that way apart from Sunny.

"I miss you too. Ah i have nothing on today, do you wanna come over? Or we could go out and hang out if you want" she suggested.

"We can watch movies at your place! I will buy some ice cream over yeh?" Bomi exclaimed excitedly.

"Yeh sure i'll be waiting, see you!" she chuckled at her stepsister before ending the conversation. Well she didn't really consider Bomi as her stepsister as she really felt like they are sisters, like legit. 

After the phonecall she could not help but relive the memories in her mind. How she had been able to open up to only Bomi before she met Sunny in college, how Bomi had always been so protective over her even though she is the younger one. She had always been protective over Bomi too, just that Bomi is more expressive and often showed her love through words while Taeyeon showed it through action.

They are complete opposites but Bomi had managed to melt the cold and passive side of Taeyeon even though it took some time.

Flashback:

"Taeyeon ah meet Auntie KiSuk and her daughter, Bomi. Bomi is 4 years younger than you." her dad brought her to this fine looking lady who is holding onto the hand of a small girl.

She bowed and greeted politely while the small girl ran forward and held her hand. "Hello unnie! I'm Bomi!" Bomi chirped, her eyes turning into crescent shapes as she grinned. 

That was the first time Taeyeon smiled genuinely at someone after her mother's death. 

Even though she was only 11, she already caught on to what was happening. She could easily tell because of the way her dad and auntie kisuk looked at each other, while Bomi who was only 7 was still oblivious. As much as Taeyeon does not want someone to take the place her mother had, if it takes her dad out of misery, she wouldn't mind.

That night her dad had told her that they would be staying over at auntie kisuk's place. She was staring at the ceiling of the room she shared with Bomi as she couldn't sleep since it was a new environment. As memories of her late mother started appearing in her head, she could not help but tear. She really missed her mother, she was her everything.

She tried to keep her sobs as quiet as possible but a soft voice beside her startled her. "Unnie why are you crying?" Bomi softly said from her bed, her face full of worry.

"It's nothing. Just sleep bomi ah" she whispered and turned her back against Bomi, closing her eyes shut. 

After a few minutes of silence she thought Bomi had shrugged it off and gone to sleep but she felt something soft on her cheeks.

When she slowly opened her eyes, she saw Bomi standing in front of her face with her head tilted cutely. She continued to stare at Bomi, wondering what is she going to do. Just then, Bomi blinked and lifted the toy pea in her hands using it to pat Taeyeon's cheeks. 

When Taeyeon did not give any response and merely blinked, Bomi looked down at the toy pea, blinked along with a frown and then back at Taeyeon. And then she did it again, patting Taeyeon's cheeks with the toy. 

That was the final straw as Taeyeon burst out into laughter. "What was that Bomi ah?" she asked in between her laughs. The whole situation just looked ridiculo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter