The Beginning of Friendship

Faux Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojung POV

It's been two days after I pissed off Mr. Jerk and I'm very relieved that he hasn't done anything to me. I am really tired and I haven't been feeling well since I got bumped by their car. 

I remembered the cappuccino Mark gave me. I don't want to admit it but somehow, it made me happy. It really did.

Finally, I'm home... I was surprised that our landlady was waiting outside our house.

"Annyeonghaseyo.", I greeted her.

"Soojung-sshi, mianhe but you have to leave the house tonight."

"Mwo? I don't understand ahjumma. I paid for the rent and the next payment is still due next week."

"Your father did not tell you? Somebody wanted to rent the place. I told him that somebody is still renting it so he talked to your father. Your father agreed to leave in exchange for the rent you paid for the month. The guy paid twice the amount to your him." I can't believe this. My father is really making my life miserable. 

"But...I did not know..." I am almost in tears. Where will I live now? I do not have money to rent a new house. I was supposed to cry. I should have but my tears do not feel like pouring.

"Mianhe, Soojung-sshi but the new renter wants you out by tonight. Your father already left with a woman. Only your things are inside."

I just nodded. What am I supposed to do? I'm just high school! I went into the house. I've stayed here as long as I could remember. Even though the memories I've had weren't happy, the house still matters to me. I managed to gather up my belongings and bade my goodbye to the landlady.

"I know your father ran with the money. Mianhe, I was not able to do something about it. Please accept this. Take care, Soojung-sshi." the landlady said as she gave me some money. I hugged her and left.

I went to the nearby convenience store. I remembered I haven't eaten anything since morning. As I was about to buy myself ramen, the world seemed to have suddenly turned. My vision was blurry and what came next was darkness.


Third Person POV

Soojung woke up in a well-lit and elegant room. The last thing she remembered was she was supposed to eat ramen in a convenience store but that place was far from it. She stood up and saw her things neatly piled in the corner. That was when she remembered, she doesn't have a place to go.

Just then, the door opened and a handsomely familiar face came into her view.

"Soojung-sshi, I'm glad you're up. Please go back to the bed. The doctor said it's just fever and you just need rest and food.", Mark said as he placed the tray he was holding

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter