The Revelation

Faux Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo POV

I woke up the next day and found myself on the sofa with my head on Soojung's lap. She's still fast asleep and watching her sleep makes me calm for some reason. I slowly got up and decided to make breakfast. When I opened the fridge, I saw Kookie's note on one of the food containers. Right, they were here last night but we haven't been good hosts.

I can't remember most of my dream but the thought of Soojung leaving frightens me. I should have seen this coming. I knew from the beginning that she was bound to leave me but what can I do, I already love her... I love her so much it hurts. 

Just then my phone rang. It took me a minute to find my phone and answer it. I was quite disappointed that my father's caller ID showed up on the screen.

"What took you so long to answer?" my father said on the other line. His voice was still the same when he talks to me: strict and cold.

"I was debating with myself whether or not I should answer it." I replied.

"But since you answered it, listen to me. We will have dinner here tonight. Make sure you show up." I know what this dinner is all about. 

"Don't expect too much."

"Jiyeon will be here, as well as Jungkook and that girl, Seulgi? And don't forget to bring your girlfriend." Did I hear it right? He wants to meet Soojung?

"Why do I have to bring her along? So that you could humiliate her in front of the others?" 

"I'm not that mean Myungsoo. I want to see her. And if I find her worthy enough, maybe I would consider cancelling your engagement."

"Mwo?"

"7PM. Be here on time." And my father ended the call. What is happening? Is this some kind of a trap? Is my father really reconsidering my engagement to Jiyeon? I thought of Soojung. She's amazing. I know when my father meets her, he would instantly change his mind and support our relationship.


"Good morning." I heard her voice which pulled me out of my thoughts.

"You're awake." I said.

"No, I'm asleep, you jerk." she playfully replied. "I'm hungry."

"Jungkook and Seulgi left some food in the fridge. Sit down and I'll put it in the microwave." She obeyed what I said and waited at the kitchen counter. When the food was warm, I prepared the table and we ate.

"This is delicious! I never knew those two could cook." she commented.

"This must be Seulgi's work of art. Jungkook can't cook. He tried once and the four of us ended in the hospital because of stomachache." I laughed while recalling those times we did crazy things.

"Maybe he improved. Don't be judgmental." 

"Whatever you say." I said with a smile.

We finished eating and got ready for school. Until now, nobody figured out that Soojung is living in our HQ. It's good that it remained a secret. We were walking to school when I decided to tell her about the dinner.

"Yeobo..." I called.

"Ya. I told you, don't call me yeobo. It's too cheesy."

"Okay then, yeobo. Uh...my father called this morning." The mention of my father made her stop walking. 

"What did he say?"

"He wants us for dinner."

"Who will be there?"

"Jungkook, Seulgi... and...uh..."

"Who?"

"Jiyeon."

"Jiyeon?" I could feel the tension in her voice when she said her name.

"Jiyeon's family is my father's project partners. That's why she's there."

"I see. What should I wear?" Her answer made me happy. I don't know what my father is planning but that dinner could change the fate of our relationship. And maybe, she would be able to stay by side forever.


Soojung POV

I was nervous about the dinner I was invited to. First of all, it was my first time meeting Myungsoo's father. But what makes me more jittery is the fact that Jiyeon will also be there. I've prepared myself for the worst. I'm sure there will be comparisons between Jiyeon and I but I'm doing this for Myungsoo.

"Ready?" Myungsoo said. He was wearing a simple white sweater with this jeans. The outfit was simple but it looks hot on him.

"I'm ready...Are you sure I don't have to wear a gown on something?" I asked. If I have to compete with Jiyeon, I shouldn't be underdressed.

"Ya. It's just a simple dinner. It's not like an Awards Night or something." He chuck

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter