Playing His Game

Faux Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo POV

It was early morning and we will be discharged today but that Jungkook already left when I was still sleeping. Where was he? I went back to check on Soojung and I'm glad that she's still fighting. When the visiting hour was over, I went back to my room while thinking why my friends haven't showed up yet. 

I opened the door and found Jiyeon was there.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Visiting my fiance." she calmly replied.

"Look, I'm not marrying you, Jiyeon."

"Is this because of Soojung? I can be someone like her, if you want." she said.

"You will never be her."

There was silence and I saw that she was crying.

"Can't you really love me, Myungsoo? We had a relationship before. Can't we put things back the way it used be?"

"I'm sorry, Jiyeon. I never loved you, never."

"Why? Why do you have to hurt me like this? I looked at you and only you since we were 15. I thought you found me ugly so I worked hard to improve myself. I studied hard for you to notice me. I worked hard to become a popular girl in school. I did all that for you."

"I never asked you to do those things. I only dated you because I wanted to play."

"Then I'm asking you to play again."

"Sorry."

"What does that Soojung have that I don't?" she shouted at me.

"She has my heart. It will never be yours. Even if my father pushes me to marry you, you will never have my love."

"But that girl is a fake! She doesn't love you. I only paid her to get close to you and make you love her. She'll leave you when I tell her too because she loves no one else but your bestfriend! She will never be yours."

"I know." I replied. I knew this time will come when she will finally admit what she did.

"Mwo?"

"I know. I know you paid her. I heard you talking to her in the coffeeshop that day. I know, Jiyeon. I played along actually. I never planned to fall for her."

"Then why..." she said with a trembling voice. "...why do you still love her?"

"Because I do... And I know she feels the same way. Our relationship might be full of lies and pretense but things will get better eventually."

She sighed then looked down.

"So this is it. There's no way I could win, right?"

"I'm sorry." I replied.

"I'm leaving." She said and headed for the door.

"Will you cancel the wedding?" I asked hopefully.

"Even if I do, my parents and your father already signed a deal. They're going to disown me if I runaway and I couldn't do that, Myungsoo."

"I understand." I replied. My father is way ahead of me in this engagement. "Jiyeon, thank you for everything and I'm sorry."

She just nodded and left me alone to think on the next thing to do. I just stared blankly at the window, watching the rays of the sun creep into the room. After what seemed an eternity, there was a knock on the door. I was expecting to see my friends' smiling faces but instead I was greeted by our butler. Where the hell are my friends when I need them?

"Young Master, everything's been taken care of. The doctor allowed you to go home." I just nodded and he went inside to get my bag. I followed him to the hospital's parking lot and went inside the car. 

I don't know what to expect when I get home. The conversation I had with my father was not good. I arrived at the mansion and saw that it was heavily guarded. Fear and anger crept into me. This was it, my father's desperate move to push through with the engagement. I was supposed to run for my life but the guards stopped me.

"Don't fight it, my dear son. It will just be awful..." My father said with a smile. And I hate the fact that I look like him. "Lock him in his room and make sure he doesn't come out."

I was basically dragged and thrown into my room. When I heard the lock, I desperately looked for something I could do to go out. But there was nothing. The telephone lines were cut. My phone and laptop was taken. Out of frustration, I threw everything I could reach and in no time my room was completely trashed.

Just then, the butler entered and brought some food.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter