Confrontations

Faux Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo POV

I woke up and my body was aching. Who wouldn't? The four of us are sharing a bed meant for two people. I opened my eyes and saw the other three still asleep.

"Annyeonghaseyo." the nurse greeted. "I was supposed to check on two patients. I never expected there would be four."

"Mianhe. My friends were just too caring to go home." I replied.

"I understand. Your father came awhile ago and left some food. He said he'll be back later. You will both be discharged tomorrow."

"Thank you." 

The nurse politely bowed and left. I haven't talked to my father since the accident. And the thought of it frightens me.

"You just woke up and your face is already like that... Where's your humor, Kim Myungsoo?", Mark suddenly said.

"Are you up already? Wanna see Soojung?"

Without further arguments, he got up. We pushed Jungkook so that he'll occupy the other bed. Luhan and our maknae are still asleep so we did not bother waking them up. We then went to Soojung's "temporary room". I got tired of calling it as Intensive Care Unit.

We were already allowed to enter the room provided that we wear those masks and clothing they provided. The doctor instructed us to say happy things. He said that even though she's in a coma, she can still hear us. Happy thoughts will help her recover. 

We finally entered the room and we sat on either side of Soojung's bed. Mark reached out for her right hand and held it tightly. I was supposed to the same with her left hand but I was scared. It took me almost a minute to finally reach out to her hand.

"Wake up, Ms. Arrogant. We'll be late for school." I said with a laugh but tears are flowing from my eyes.

"You bastard. Who told you to cry?" Mark commented. "Soojung-ah, Myungsoo became a crybaby so when you wake up, break up with him... Arasseo? I'm back and I'll get you from him."

"Don't believe him, Soojung. Mark's changed his preferences... But too bad, I think you'll have a rival... He confessed to me last night." I counterattacked.

"Ya. The doctor said she could hear you!" Mark said. "Don't believe in him, Soojung-ah..."

Just then I felt Soojung's hand gripped mine. 

"Mark. Soojung...she...gripped my hand."

I was very happy. She moved. She did. She held my hand. We called for the doctor and in no time, the doctor stormed in and checked on her. We were pushed out of the room and we waited impatiently outside.

"Her vitals are normal. That movement could be a good sign that she's recovering. I suggest that you both come here everyday and talk to her. But you could only do that for an hour each day. We can't risk anything." the doctor said.

We both nodded in agreement. We were happy with the news and promised the doctor that we'll be back the next day again. We went back to the room to tell the other two about what happened but the moment I opened the door, I saw my father waiting for me inside.

"Myungsoo. Let's talk." Mark, as well as Luhan and Jungkook who were already awake, understood and went out of the room to leave us.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"My son almost died and the first words I hear from him are 'what do you want'?"

"What do you want me to say then? You never cared if I died. I should have been in coma not Soojung."

"After everything, you still think about that girl?"

"That girl has a name, Father. It's Soojung and she saved my life."

"I don't care. I asked the doctor and he said you'll be discharged tomorrow. It's time to push through with your engagement." How can my father be this cold?

"I'm not marrying anyone else but Soojung."

"What did that girl do to you?"

"Nothing, father. She did nothing. It was me who fell in love."

"Don't be ridiculous. There's no such thing as love. You must learn from me. Love only hurts you."

"I'm not a monster like you, Appa. If you do not love Soojung's mother, tell her and don't make her suffer any longer." I stated.

"Well, this monster is telling you for the last time that you're marrying Park Jiyeon.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter