Never Let Me Go

Faux Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This is quite an emotional chapter so I'm making my message first. Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the comments!!! I'm also happy to have 20 upvotes! Thank you for all those who stayed and waited patiently for my update. I love you all... The end is near so buckle up and get ready for the ride! I'll wait for all your comments!!!


P.S. To all my co-Myungstal shipper.... I did not watch the final episode of My Lovely Girl because there were no Myungstal moments anymore. Hahaha... Sorry Rain.... :)

 

 

 

Mark POV

My heart was beating unexpectedly faster as we boarded the plane to Korea. We managed to get the next flight because of Irene's connections. We were already sitting down as I impatiently waited for the plane to take off. We forgot all our plans for the night and even skipped dinner.

"Mark...I know this isn't the time to tell you this but please, calm down." Irene said as she held my hand. Chorong-noona and Luhan are just sitting on the next row. I could hear Luhan's sobs and my sister's soft whispers, consoling him.

"They're very important to me, Irene. I don't know what to do when something bad happens to them especially Soojung." Irene never replied. I don't know if she knows Soojung. 

Soojung. I regretted everything I did. I regretted not calling her everyday. I regretted leaving her. I regretted every moment I did not hear her voice. And with all those regrets, I found myself crying. I don't care if the other passengers will see me. 

"Mark..." Irene called as she pulled my head and leaned it on her shoulders. She said nothing after that. And with exhaustion from crying and hunger, I fell asleep on her shoulders.


"Wake up, Mark. We're here." 

I jolted up from my sleep and noticed that the plane was already descending. Fear went all over me. I do not know what will welcome us. The one whom Luhan talked with on the phone did not explain the details.

The moment the plane landed, we scrambled out of our seats and out of the plane. In no time, we were already inside the taxi on our way to the hospital.

Luhan and I ran inside the hospital and went into room 2901. We opened the door and found the doctor inside, together with Myungsoo's stepmom, Jungkook and an unfamiliar face. The three of them were crying. We went inside. My knees were trembling badly. The moment we entered, we saw Myungsoo lying on another bed just beside Jungkook's. He was still unconscious.

"Hyung..." Jungkook called out and we both ran to his side. Luhan hugged our maknae immediately and seeing our presence, Myungsoo's stepmom went out of the room without a word.

"Where's Soojung?" I said in a fairly audible voice.

"Annyeoghaseyo." the doctor introduced himself. "You must be her friends. I'm sorry to tell you but she is currently in a coma. The hit on her head was too strong. We have to conduct tests to make sure there's no internal bleeding."

"W- Will she b- be fine?" I bravely asked the doctor but deep inside I was afraid of his answer.

"I'm not sure as of the moment. She hasn't been responding to any of our medications. We have done what we have to do. As of now, it is up to the patient to fight for her life. Let's hope for the best. I'll be leaving. I'll be coming back in the morning."

"Doctor..wait... How's Myungsoo?" Luhan asked.

"He's fine. All the tests we conducted were normal. He just have minor wounds and scratches."

"But when will he wake up?"

"The thing that must have been keeping him unconscious is the shock from what happened. Don't worry, he'll wake up soon."

We just nodded and the doctor left. I could not stop my tears from falling... The room was silent as if everyone was trying to process what we just heard. Without thinking, I stood up and motioned to go out of the room.

"Mark, where are you going?" Noona asked.

"I'm going to see Soojung."


It was still not allowed for me to go inside the Intensive Care Unit so I was watching Soojung from a glass window. Her face had minor scratches but her head was heavily bandaged. There were a lot of machines inside the room.

"Soojung-ah. I'm back..." I said while sobbing. "You promised you'll wait for me...so wake up and welcome me back... I haven't eaten yet and I'd be glad if you cook for me. Soojung-ah... Soojung-ah...I'm sorry I did not call you. Please forgive me... I still love you, Jung Soojung... Please don't give up. Please wake up and come back to me."

I stayed there as long as I could remember just making sure she won't give up breathing. And around an hour past

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter