Decisions

Faux Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojung POV

[Flashback, before Myungsoo arrived in the HQ]

The sun was shining outside when I got out from the bed. I immediately took a bath and went out to find Mark. He was a mess last night and it was all my fault. I found him in the living room staring at the TV which wasn't even .

"Mark..." I called him out. He looked at me and smiled. Why is it that the more he smiles at me, the more I feel guilty of what I did? He was always there when Mr. Jerk did nothing but hate me. He saved me from being completely homeless. I was about to go crazy because of the problems my father caused and even Jiyeon's offer. But Mark was there, to calm me down, to smile at me and tell me how beautiful the world is. Things that Kim Myungsoo haven't done for me.


"Soojung-ah...Come here. Have a seat." His voice pulled me out of my thoughts and I immediately sat down beside him. "I'm sorry for barging in here last night."

"No, I should be sorry." I interrupted. "For everything. I've done things I shouldn't have done." That's when I felt his hand caressing my cheek. I looked at him.

"Do you really like him?" He asked. Do I? Do I really like Myungsoo?

"Ne." I answered as I bit my lip. I thought I'd see a sad expression on Mark's face but instead I saw him smiling.

"Liar." he said.

"Mwo?"

"What you said was a lie." He answered. "You always bite your lip when you lie. You also did that last night when you told me you like him. And that time when I asked you if you were okay. I'm pretty sure that you're not aware of that yourself."

Was I really lying? 

"If I really lied, how did you know that I do that?"

"Looking only at you for the past 5 years, I've known things about you."

"5 years? But we only met..." He nodded.

"You only met me recently but I met you 5 years ago. And the moment you bumped into our car that night. I knew fate was finally giving me a chance to know you better."

"Mark, I did not know..."

"Now that you know, will you give me a chance?"

"But..." I replied. I remembered Jiyeon's offer. That girl is really good at keeping me on her radar. I can't risk it. I was almost there, that Kim Myungsoo already told me he likes me.

"What are you so afraid of?" Mark said while looking at me. He's good. He knows me more that what I show him. 

"Nothing, Mark. I'll make us breakfast." I said while I motioned to go to the kitchen. But I felt arms wrapped around me, my head resting on his chest. I could tell his heart is beating too fast. 

"Please don't go to him, Soojung-ah. I don't know why you're saying you like him. But please stay by my side." I could feel the hurt in every word that he said. I wanted to cry but I couldn't. I regretted agreeing on Jiyeon's offer. It was a bad decision I'd carry in my conscience forever.

"I'm sorry." I whispered. "I'm sorry, Mark..." I repeatedly said as I leaned my head on his chest. After what seemed eternity, I released myself from his embrace.

"I'd always be her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter