Tangled Love

Faux Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mark POV

"Irene?"

"Yep. Miss me?"

"Why are you here?"

"Well...that's not exactly the welcome I was expecting but I'm here because Chorong called me." she answered in rapid-fire English.

Bae Joohyun. That's her Korean name but she goes by her English name Irene. She has the same age as my sister but we have the same birthday. I don't really call her noona because she asked me not to. Chorong-noona met her when our family was in California. I was 9 at that time. She was my first crush but it didn't develop into something deeper because I left for Korea when I was 11. I was not able to say goodbye to her.

"Well? Won't you ask me to come in?" she said with a smile. 

"Mianhe, Irene. Come in. My sister is having a little quarrel with her boyfriend." I managed to say.

"Luhan, isn't it? Hahaha. I hear Chorong blabber about that guy over the phone everytime."

"So...until when are you staying Irene?"

"Are you asking to leave already? Aigoo, Mark Tuan."

"Aniyo. I was just asking." I said with a shy smile. She hasn't changed. She's still beautiful, confident and honest. She always says whatever is in her mind and it makes it easier for people to understand her.

"My family will move to Korea for business reasons. They actually arrived already but I came here in Japan because Chorong said you're here for 5 months. So, I'll be staying here too and we'll go back to Korea together." she explained.

"Ahh, arasseo. Are you hungry? Noona prepared snacks but I don't think she'll be back soon. I could keep you company if you want."

"Ok. Wait, I have something for you." she said as she pulled out a box from her luggage.

"What's this?"

"Open it." And I did. It was a toy robot. I remembered I've always wanted that when I was younger. Only Irene knows and she promised to buy it for me as a gift. "I bought that for you 7 years ago. I promised, right? But I did not have the chance to give it because when I reached your house, you already left."

"I'm sorry I did not get to say goodbye."

"It's fine. It's already in the past." she assured me.

"Thank you, Irene." I said with a smile. "Thank you for keeping your promise."

She just nodded and decided to unpack. Noona's apartment has two rooms so I helped her get settled in the other room. 

"Wanna go out? I could g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter