Loved

Faux Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo POV

I woke in a completely white room ad realized that I was in a hospital. I looked around and found Soojung sleeping with her head leaning on the bed and her face is very close to mine. I reached out and caressed her cheek. Without knowing it, I began crying. I thought I never get to see her again. I thought that would be the last time I'll be able to touch her.

Just then, she opened her eyes and a relieved smile was written on her face.

"I'm glad you're awake, Mr. Jerk. I was worried sick." she said lovingly but she began hitting me. "But how can you do that to me? How can you tell me you love me then sacrifice yourself? How dare you kiss me then just leave me hanging? How..."

I placed my finger on her lips to stop her. She was trembling. I managed to get up to a sitting position and kissed her. She responded to the kiss. It was a kiss filled with promise and love. She broke the kiss but our faces remained close to each other.

"I'm sorry, Ms. Arrogant. I wasn't able to think of anything. I just knew I had to keep you and the others safe." I told her.

"I never asked for a prince charming. I never asked for a hero. I never asked for a knight-in-shining-armor. I just want you to love me and stay by my side forever." she answered.

"I will. I will." I said as I gave a peck on her lips.

"Myung...this isn't the time to say this but...your father."

"He let me go and apologized... He was supposed to kill me but he let me go...and after that he... he..." I couldn't say the word. I do not know how to say it.

"Irene's family is taking care of his funeral. Right now, Luhan is with Chorong-unnie. They are looking after Mark. Mark is still unconscious but the doctor said there is a new medicine that could possibly cure him. Seulgi is with Jungkook. They're in Jungkook's house right now. Jiyeon and Kai are taking care of the rest." She continued.

"Are they mad at me?" 

"Of course not."

At that moment, Mrs. Tuan entered the room. We were both surprised. Soojung greeted her and sensing the need for us to talk privately, she politely excused herself.

"Mrs. Tuan.. I..." I started.

"How are you, Myung?" She replied with a smile.

"I... I feel better."

"That's good."

"I'm sorry for what happened, Mrs. Tuan. It's all my fault."

"No, Myung. Your father's mistakes are not yours. You were a victim yourself. And besides, I've always known that Mark is very fond of you, Luhan and Jungkook and that he'd do anything for all of you. In the same way, you chose to die to save them." 

"My friends are important to me, Mrs. Tuan. If not for them, I would have been like my father."

"I know, that's why I'm glad. My son has never been good at making friends when we were living in California. He's too quiet and reserved but when he met you, he changed... And I've been hearing good stories about the three of you from him. I'm thankful."

"Will he be fine?" I asked.

"The doctor said he will. Just a few more test and he'll be allowed to go out of the hospital. We just have to wait for that new medicine that will be launched publicly two days from today."

"That's a relief."

"Don't worry too much, Myung. I've talked with Irene's parents and they will cover up everything that happened in Jeju. Your father's death will be announced as an accident to avoid talks. Soojung's umma will take care of your company for now."

"Soojung's umma? She's here?"

"Yes, she came here to see her daughter. She's still the current COO of the company and she said she'll take care of it until you're ready."

"Kamsahamnida..." I said as I cried again.

"Myung..." Mrs. Tuan went near me and hugged me. And that time, I felt really loved... "Why are you crying?"

"I'm just happy. Thank you." 

"You'll be staying with us when you are discharged. What are you're plans about your father's funeral

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter