Chapter 8

Will you be my True Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I've missed you, oppa!", she said softly.

"I've missed you too, my love.", he whispered back.

"How have you been? Have you been taking care of yourself?", she asked him.

Kris smiled at Jay. "You still worry about me a lot, don't you?", he asked, his eyes twinkling.

Jay blushed. "I do, don't I?", she said with a shrug and a shy smile.

"Oi Kris hyung!", yelled Chen suddenly, "How long are you going to keep Jay to yourself? Jay come here! We wanna talk to you too!"

Kris laughed. "Go Jay... Go before they attack me!" Jay grinned and walked over to the others with Kris.

"Here, Jay, sit next to Kai... Oh gosh! You guys are so made for each other!", exclaimed Xiumin aka Minseok. The poor guy was forced to have a Chinese name because he worked for a Chinese company. So did Chen aka Jongdae, but his name was totally his own choice. Kai looked at Jay, who looked awkwardly away.

"So tell us!", continued Baekhyun, "How far have the two of you gone?" He turned to Chanyeol and sniggered mischievously.

"Hyung!", Kai snapped. "Okay... Okay!", said Baekhyun, holding up his hands, "We won't pry into your personal lives!" But then, looking like he couldn't help himself, he added, "But Kai should have made his move by now! Has he yet, Jay?"

"Ah hyung!", groaned Kai, while Jay blushed, "Did I say I was happy to see you guys? Well, I take it all back then!" "Hey chill! I know you love us!", Baekhyun grinned, making the peace sign.

"Um I need some coffee!", Kris announced suddenly, "Where's the cafeteria again?" Jay immediately jumped up from her place.

"I'll go with you, oppa!", she said, "I could do with some coffee too!"

"Get us something to eat, Kris ge!", yelled Tao, as Kris and Jay exited the room. After they left, Luhan turned to Kai. "Is everything alright with you and Jay?"

Kai looked up surprised.

"What do you mean, hyung?", he asked, not meeting his eyes. "Well, the two of you seem kinda awkward. And well...earlier in high school, she never used to leave your side. But now...she doesn't seem inclined to stay with you for long..."

"We're growing up... She needs her space...", shrugged Kai, nonchalantly. Luhan didn't pursue the topic anymore, but looked at Kai with a knowing look in his eyes. Very little ever escaped this doe-eyes friend of his. Kai knew that Luhan suspected that things were not all hunky-dory with him and Jay. But this was not something his hyungs needed to concern themselves with. This was between him and Jay.

The others were looking at Kai curiously, apparently not having noticed the awkwardness between Jay and him. Kai decided to change the subject. "So, for how many days are you guys here?", he asked.

"We originally planned for a week, but looks like Luhan ge needs to get back to shooting his drama in four days.", replied Tao. "Well, four days is not bad considering we hardly ever meet!", said Kai. "Exactly what I told them!", said Luhan, punching Tao on the arm.

"So, what have you guys planned?", asked Kai.

"Nothing yet!", said Lay, "We're waiting for you to get out of your sickbed!"

"Which should be sometime today, I think!", said Kai.

"But you need to rest! You got hit on the head, for god's sake!", exclaimed D.O.

"Thanks a lot, Umma!", said Kai, dryly. Everyone laughed out loud, as Kai brought up D.O.'s old nickname from high school.

"Yah!", D.O. said, scowling at them, "Don't start that again!"

"Actually, he's only my umma!", said Sehun, who had been sitting quietly. He was the maknae of the group and was a total poker face with anyone other than his hyungs and Jay. Well, even with Jay to some extent.

"That

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter