Chapter 12

Will you be my True Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Unnnggghhh!", Kai groaned as he rolled over in his bed. His head felt like someone was pounding on it with a thousand heavy hammers. He opened his eyes a crack and blearily looked around. The curtains of his room were still closed and the room was dark. He tried to sit up in bed, but his head felt too heavy. So, he just collapsed back onto his pillow. He groaned again clutching his head.

Just then, there was the click of his door opening.

"Ah! You're awake?", asked a deep voice.

"Chanyeol hyung?", asked Kai, surprised despite his rather 'out-of-it' condition, "What are you doing here?"

"Good morning, Kai!", said another voice. And the curtains of his room were suddenly drawn open, letting the morning sunlight in. Kai flinched as the bright light hit his still sensitive eyes. He held up his hand to shield them while trying to see who the other person was.

"Baekhyun hyung? Is that you?", he asked, sitting up with a little difficulty.

"Who else?", came the reply, as the elder sat down at the foot of his bed.

"What are you guys doing here?", Kai asked, bewildered, "And why does my head hurt so much?" He pounded on his head with his fist.

"That's not gonna help!", snorted Chanyeol, handing Kai a glass of water and a tablet. Kai stared at the tablet in his hand.

"It'll help with the headache!", Baekhyun told him. Kai took some water into his mouth and popped in the tablet. After he swallowed it, Chanyeol took the glass from his hands and placed it on the bedside table.

"Well?", asked Kai, staring at them, "What's going on?" Baekhyun sighed.

"We could ask you the same thing.", he said, "What is going on, Kai?"

"Yeah...", said Chanyeol, "Never... I repeat... Never in all these years have you seen you drink alcohol once! What's gotten into you?"

Vague pictures of the previous night came to Kai's mind. Him sitting with a bottle of beer in a noisy bar-him finishing that one bottle and getting another-the numbers of bottles increasing from two to five-Chanyeol and Baekhyun turning up when he was on his fifth bottle-him puking on the roadside-...

Kai sighed and buried his face in his hands.

"Kai-ah...", said Baekhyun, putting a hand on his shoulder, "Don't beat yourself up too much! Instead of getting wasted this way, try to get her back!"

"It's easier said than done, hyung!", said Kai, not lifting up his head from his hands.

"Well, you won't know unless you try! Have you even tried, Kai?", insisted Chanyeol.

"There's no point trying. She has moved on.", said Kai emotionlessly, picturing the image of Jay and Kris in his head.

"You don't know that!", said Baekhyun.

"I do know that!", said Kai stubbornly.

"Well, at least call her once!", insisted Chanyeol, "You didn't even go to see her off! Call her and talk to her! That might make you feel better!"

"How the heck is that going to make me feel better hyung?", groaned Kai, "Listening to her voice will only make her fresh in my head. How does that help when I'm trying to get over her?"

"You aren't trying to get over her, Kai!", said Chanyeol seriously, "You are trying to drown her out! And its not working! Stop trying so hard. She's is your best friend, Kai! At least call her for that!"

"I'm nothing to her now, hyung.", said Kai, his voice cracking.

"Kai, don't say that! You mean the world to Jay! We all know that!", said Baekhyun. Kai wished it was true. But if he meant the world to her, then she wouldn't have left him this way, would she?

"Call her, Kai.", adviced Baekhyun, gently. Kai stubbornly shook his head.

"Kai...", Chanyeol began, but Kai cut him off. "No, hyung!", he said, firmly, "I hurt her enough! She has decided to move on and I'm not going to pull her back. I expect she is pretty happy now. She deserves to be happy. I don't want to take the chance of hurting her again. I don't deserve her." With that Kai jumped off the bed and disappeared into the bathroom.

They heard noises of taps being squeaked open water sprinkling and splashing. Fifteen minutes later, Kai walked out of the bathroom with a towel tied around his w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter