Chapter 6

Will you be my True Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hello! Oh hello Mrs. Kim! How are you?... What? Kai? I don't know... Yes, he must be... Oh! He didn't? I thought so too... Oh Jay's back... No he doesn't seem to be with her... Yes I'll ask her and call you back... Okay... Yes... Please don't worry...yes..."

"Jay!", her mother called, as soon as she entered the house, "Isn't Kai with you?" She didn't notice the tear stains on Jay's cheeks. Jay quietly shook her head.

"Mrs. Kim called. Apparently Kai wasn't home when they came back. And he didn't even answer his phone when they called.", she continued.

"He must be with his friends.", said Jay in slow voice, trying to quietly escape to her room. Mrs. Lee finally noticed her mood.

"What happened to you?", she asked, concerned.

"Nothing mom.", said Jay and tried to slide past her. Her mother caught her hand and stopped her.

"Did you and Kai have a fight?", she asked Jay, hitting the nail on the head, "Is that why he isn't answering his phone and you're looking like this?" Jay burst into tears at her mother's words.

"I hate him, mom!", she cried, vehemently, "I hate him!"

"Hush!", her mom tried to pacify her, "Stop crying and tell me what happened!" And so out came the story of what had happened.

Mrs. Lee held Jay in her arms and rocked her to calm her down.

"Hush baby!", she said, gently, "Its okay. Don't cry. Shhh..." Jay took large gulps of air as she tried to calm herself.

"I thought he loved me, mom! I thought he loved me!", she said in a strangled whisper.

"I'm sure he loves you a lot, Jay.", Mrs. Lee explained to her, "But he needs some space too. You need some space too. I understand he hurt you. But both of you are still kids. There's a lot you have to learn about life. There will be mistakes and misunderstandings. If you guys are really meant for each other, you will eventually find your way back to each other." Jay listened to her mother silently.

"I never really wanted to be with anyone else...", sobbed Jay, "I only ever loved him. Truly loved him!"

"Baby, you don't really know what love is yet.", her mother explained gently, "You have only been with him, so you have feelings only for him. Try giving other people a chance. See if you develop feeling for others. If at the end of everything, you still love him and he still loves you, then he is your true love."

Jay nodded mutely.

"Oh!", her mother suddenly exclaimed, "So, do you know where Kai is? I told Mrs. Kim I'll call her back once I've asked you." But, Jay shook her head.

"I don't know, mom", she said again, "He's probably with his friends..."

"... Or he might be with Jinyoung", she added as an afterthought. Mrs. Lee nodded, understandingly.

"Okay", she said, "I'll call Mrs. Kim and explain. You go wash up." Jay nodded again and disappeared into her room.

 

 

 

 

"Why isn't he answering his phone?", Mrs. Kim said for the fiftieth time, "He usually answers his phone, even when he is with his dates... And even if this 'date' of his is a bit more than usual..." Mr. Kim just shook his, looking worried. He glanced at his watch. It was nearly 11:30 pm. Kai would usually be back home by this time or at least call to tell he would be late. His wife was getting feverish with worry. Kai knew how much his mother worried about him. He always avoided causing her any anxiety. So what was up today?

Mr. Kim decided enough was enough. He called up his friend in the Busan police agency.

"Hello? Daehong-ssi? I needed a favor from you. My son is missing since today morning. And he isn't answering his phone...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter