Chapter 11

Will you be my True Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jay stretched and yawned, as the professor wrapped up the lecture and walked out of the class. She lay her head on the table and and shut her eyes for a while. She had a splitting headache. She hadn't slept well last night. Come to think of it, she wasn't sleeping well for the last two weeks...since she had...ever since she had come to China.

"Jay? You okay?"

Jay looked up to see her new friend Yuming sitting next to her with a concerned expression on her face.

"I'm okay, Ming.", she said, yawning again, "Didn't sleep very well last night."

Yuming was Lay's cousin sister. He had instructed her to take care of Jay while she was in China. Jay had been really glad to find a friend like her. She was sweet and helpful. A little like Lay himself.

"Let's get you home then!", said Ming, brightly, "Come on!" Jay and Ming were neighbours too. They lived in the same apartment. It didn't hurt that they had the same courses and therefore the same class timings. To Jay's surprise Ming also took singing and dancing classes like her, even though she wasn't very good. So, Jay travelled to college and back everyday with her. Jay nodded and got up from her chair.

"Yo guys!! Wait up!!"

Ming and Jay turned to see a guy with hair dyed blue, lanky frame and a cute 1000 watt smile running towards them.

"Zhixin! Yo! Slow down!", screamed Ming and covered her face with her hands, as he skidded to a stop right infront of her.

"Can you effing stop doing that??", yelled Ming as Zhixin sheepishly scratched the nape of his neck.

People around them in the corridor stopped and stared at them. Jay tugged at Ming's sleeves trying to hide her smile.

"Come on, Ming! Let's go!", said Jay, "Zhixin! Come on!"

"The accounting class was so boring!!", groaned Zhixin, as soon as the crowd dispersed and they walked towards the exit, "I nearly died trying to keep myself awake!"

Ming scoffed, "You do that in every class!"

"No I don't!", retorted Zhixin. Jay knew this bickering would continue till they reached the parking lot. She turned away from them and looked around.

"Jay!"

Jay turned around with a smile, "Kris oppa!" She ran to him to hug him. He was pretty busy with his albums and his movies, but he still found time to drop in and visit her, either at college or at home, every once in a while.

"How are you? Are you taking care of yourself?", asked Kris, hugging her back. Jay nodded, smiling.

"Yifan gege!", Ming came forward with a smile.

"Hello Ming! Zhixin!", said Kris, smiling at them, "How're you guys doing?"

"We're good!", Zhixin answered brightly. At that moment, his phone started ringing.

"Ah... Mom!", Zhixin groaned, as he walked away to attend the call. Kris turned back to Jay.

"So...", he asked her, "Are you busy tonight?"

Jay shook her head, "Aniyo! We just submitted our latest assignments today. So I'm totally free!" Kris smiled happily.

"That's good!", he said, "because I made plans for us for tonight!"

"What plans?", asked Jay, happily.

"Oh you'll see! Be ready by 7, okay? I'll come pick you up!", said Kris, "Bye Ming! See you!"

"Bye gege!", Ming called in a soft voice.

"Kris ge!! Are you leaving already??" ,yelled Zhixin as he ran back towards them.

"Yes", Kris said, stopping in surprise, "Why? Did you need something?"

Zhixin sheepishly scratched his neck and asked, "Mind giving me a ride home, Kris ge?"

Yuming narrowed her eyes. "You idiot! You again parked your car in the wrong place, didn't you?", she asked, exasperated. Zhixin made puppy eyes at Kris. Jay started laughing.

"Come on, Kris oppa! You just can't say no to those puppy eyes!", she sniggered.

Kris groaned, "Come on, you sad excuse for a human being!" and dragged Zhixin away.

Ming and Jay were still chuckling when they reached their car. Jay got into the passenger's seat while Ming took her place at the driver's. As they buckled on their seat belts, Ming gave a tiny sigh. Her eyes followed Kris's car as it disappeared out of site, exiting the drive. Jay didn't notice. She was busy checking something on her phone. Ming lowered her eyes to the steering wheel. She gripped it tightly for a moment and then relaxed. Another small sigh escaped her as she started the car.

She backed the car out of the parking and waved to a few friends. She looked sideways at Jay. Her brow was wrinkled.

"Are you okay, Jay?", she asked, "Head still hurting?"

Jay nodded, "A little. It's okay, Ming. I have the meds at home."

Ming smiled gently, "Okay"

Ming's eyes travelled to the screen of Jay's phone.

"That's Kai.", she said quietly, talking about the wallpaper of her phone. Jay switched off the phone immediately and turned her face away from Ming.

"Jay...", Ming began gently.

"No... Don't say anything... I know I'm supposed to be getting over him...", she said, her voice cracking, as she looked out of the car window. Ming sighed again.

"You're trying too hard, Jay. You still love him.", she said, taking Jay's hand with her free hand and squeezing it.

"But he doesn't love me, Ming. He was happy to let me go. He didn't stop me. He didn't want another chance.", Jay finally burst into tears, "All the while I kept telling about parting, giving each other space, I was hoping he would say something different. I was hoping he would come running to the airport to stop me! But he didn't even come to see me off! Everyone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter