Chapter 25

Will you be my True Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai looked like a dead person. It looked like his soul had left his body. His eyes were staring into the distance. It was like he had forgotten the others and was lost in a world of his own. He hadn't spoken a word since the doctor had left them. The doctor's words still rang in everyone's ears.

If she survives this, it will be a miracle. But the chances of that happening are pretty slim. Such a condition is very rare. I mean, air embolisms do occur sometimes, but they are correctable. Them occuring in a background of pregnancy is very very rare and not that easily correctable... I understand if you want to press charges against the nurse.. You have every right to. But I hope you understand that she made a mistake and it was not intentionally done. We will try our best to revive your friend but I cannot guarantee you anything...

Kai had refused to press charges. "Everyone makes mistakes. This began with my mistake. I'm at fault here. I'm not blaming anyone else.", he had said in a deadpan voice. No one disagreed with him.

Jay's parents were sitting quietly on a bench apart from the kids. They didn't look like they had tears left to shed. Mrs. Lee had her eyes closed and hands joined like she was praying. Next to her Mr. Lee looked like he suddenly aged a lot. The others felt like they were intruders on their grief.

Sehun had left to go back to Busan that morning. His father had called him back as he was urgently needed back for something. He refused to tell them what it was about. "I feel this will get jinxed if I tell you about it!", he said. He asked Baekhyun to pick him up at the airport when they called him to tell the news about Jay. "Keep me updated!", he whispered to Kris urgently before leaving for the airport.

The doctor hadn't come back with any more news. No one had tried to approach the doctor. They were all afraid about what they were going to hear. Kris was on the phone with Chanyeol.

"Any luck with finding the , Chanyeol?"

"No, Kris. But we're trying. We checked her apartment, but it looks like she vacated the place. The neighbours have no idea where she went. We spoke to the police. They're hunting her too..."

"Hmm..."

"Kris... What about Jay? Did the doctor say anything else?"

"No... There's no other news."

Kris heard Chanyeol sigh dejectedly at the other end.

"How's Kai?"

"Kai looks like a zombie. Chanyeol I'm really afraid. Kai already looks so broken. I'm afraid of what will happen to him if...if it's bad news...", Kris whispered into the phone.

"Don't say that Kris! Jay will be alright!"

"I hope you're right, Chanyeol! For everyone's sake, I hope you're right..."

He heard Chanyeol sigh again.

"Well... I gotta go now... Baek's back with Sehun. I'll talk to you again later. Keep me updated on whatever...happens..."

"I will... Bye..."

As Kris hung up, someone tapped him on the shoulder. He turned to see Luhan offering him a can of apple juice. "Thanks...", Kris muttered, as he took the can from Luhan's hands.

"Was that Chanyeol?", Luhan asked. Kris nodded, taking a swig of appple juice. "What did he say?", asked Luhan.

"They haven't had any luck finding that yet.", Kris replied. Luhan sighed and looked at Kai. "I don't think he even cares whether they find that Jinyoung female or not now... He's just waiting for news of Jay.", Luhan said in a low voice. "As are we all...", Kris added. "As are we all...". Luhan agreed.

As if on cue, the doctor was seen walking up to them. "Excuse me.", the doctor adressed Jay's parents, coming to a stand still infront of them. "Yes?", Jay's father asked in a hoarse voice, anxiously standing up. Kai looked scared as he glanced at the doctor's serious expression. It felt like the temperature of the corridor suddenly dropped a hundred degrees. There were goosebumps on everyone's skins. Lihwa clutched Luhan's hand and Ming bit the inside of her cheeks anxiously. Mrs. Lee looked faint with worry and was holding her husband's arm tightly.

The doctor looked at all their expressions. After a while he broke into a smile. "You can stop looking so scared. Our attempts were successful. She and her child, both are fine.", he told them gently.

Mrs. Lee started sobbing out of relief. Mr. Lee hugged his wife and consoled her, while a few tears escaped from his own eyes. Lihwa dissolved into tears in Luhan's arms. Kris sank down on one of the benches in relief and Ming hugged him and patted his back. Chen, Xiumin and Tao felt like their were finally smiling after ages, which they were. Lay closed his eyes and sent a silent prayer of thanks to the heavens.

And Kai? He looked like he didn't know what hit him. He sat there looking shocked while everyone had already started celebrating inside their heads. "She's alright?", he whispered in a daze. The doctor nodded and at him and gently patted his back. Kai covered his face with his palms and everyone knew he was crying. Luhan gently disentangled himself from Lihwa and went to Kai. He hugged him quietly and let him cry on his shoulder. "She's fine... She's alive...", Kai kept whispering between sobs. "Yes Kai. She's fine.", Luhan whispered, comforting him.

"She's conscious now. But she's sleeping. We're shifting her to another room. You can go be with her if you like.", the doctor told them. Mr. and Mrs. Lee thanked the doctor. The doctor smiled at them and walked off to attend to his other patients.

"Kai, let's go see her.", Lihwa said, coming up behind Kai and gently patting his back. Kai nodded, rubbing his red eyes. Everyone followed Mr. and Mrs. Lee towards the room where Jay was shifted. The kids waited outside while Mr. and Mrs. Lee went inside. Kai was about to follow them in when Luhan stopped him with a slight pressure on his hands.

"Give her parents some time with her.", Luhan whispered. Kai nodded and stepped back with the others, waiting for Jay's parents to come out.

After around twenty minutes Mr. Lee came out of the room with his wife. Everyone looked up at them. Mrs. Lee smiled at Kai and said, "She's awake now. She wants to see you." Kai immediately got up from his place.

"Kai, we'll wait here. You go see her first.", Kris told him. "Thanks hyung.", Kai nodded and all but ran to the door of her room. He took a deep breath and turned the knob and pushed open the door.

Jay was sitting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter