Chapter 13

Will you be my True Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jay stared wide eyed at the name that was flashing on the screen of her phone.

~Jongmin oppa~

"Aren't you going to pick up?", asked Ming, looking at the name. Jay gulped and hesitantly hit the answer button.

"He-hello?", she stuttered into the phone. She was met with silence.

"Hello?", she tried again. She heard a sigh from the other end.

"Jongmin oppa?", she whispered into the phone.

"So, you didn't delete my number? I sort of expected you to do that after what happened between us..", came the reply.

There was silence. Then the voice from the other side spoke again, "How did you not tell me you were leaving? Have I suddenly become that unimportant?" Jay cringed at his words.

"No... Its not like that...", Jay began to say, but stopped. What explanation was she going to give anyway? Now that she thought back, she had never actually even considered calling him to tell him that she was leaving. Yes, he had become important to her. But again, he was another one of those people whom she used to heal the scars Kai left. Another person she just used. He was important to her when she needed him, but otherwise?

Jay really felt like a now. Not knowing what to say she ended up asking, "How did you get my number?". There came a bitter chuckle from the other end. She felt worse when she heard that.

"I... I'm sorry...", she whispered, "I'm really sorry." Her tears started falling. She made no effort to wipe them away. She just let them trickle down her cheeks and into her lap while she kept repeating, "I'm sorry!" into the phone. Ming held her hand and patted ot gently.

"Jay... Stop.", came the reply from the other end, "Stop saying sorry." Jay stopped, trying to control her sobs. She heard a sigh and then he said, "I called your parents when your number became inaccessible. They gave me this number."

Jay swallowed as she made to wipe her tears. The voice from the other end said, "I'm sorry for what happened the other day at my place. I shouldn't have tried to kiss you. It was just that... It hurt me so much to see you hurt yourself over Kai again and again. And I was frustrated that you couldn't see that I loved you. I just wanted you to give me a chance. "

"Oppa... I'm sorry...", said Jay again, "I... I knew you felt that way... I shouldn't have kissed you back... I'm so sorry for ignoring your feelings and using you. Please don't think too badly of me. You will always be a very good friend. But I don't think I can fall in love with you. I'm sorry!"

"I know... I know, Jay..", came the reply, "Don't worry. I'm moving on. I always knew you only love Kai. It was just my one sided love. I promise you I'll get over it." Jay sniffled and said, "Oppa... I'm so sorry for hurting you..."

"No Jay... Don't be...", came the reply, "I... I really hope things work out between you and Kai. And remember... I'm here if you ever want to talk or rant or about stuff." She heard him chuckle. It was the happy chuckle she was familiar with and not the bitter chuckle. She let out a sigh of relief.

"Thankyou...oppa", she said.

"No problem, Jay. I'm here.", he said. She could hear the smile in his voice now.

"Yes oppa. I know. I'll see you when I come back to Korea.", she whispered, thankfully, before hanging up.

"Who was it?", asked Ming, when she put the phone down.

"Jongmin oppa... I told you about him the other day...", said Jay, and sighed, "I feel much lighter now that I've sorted things out with him..."

"He loved you?", asked Ming. Jay nodded silently.

"One sided love...", said Ming and chuckled bitterly.

Jay looked at her, surprised. This was the first time she heard Ming being bitter.

"Ming, is anything wrong?", she asked, worried. Then she saw the the expression on her face. She looked very bitter. Her face was scrunched up like she was about to tear up.

"Ming! What's wrong?", she asked, alarmed. Yuming suddenly seemed to come out of her trance. She arranged her facial features back to normal but could not undo what Jay had already seen.

"It's nothing...", she tried to brush it away. But Jay did not buy it.

"No. It's not nothing!", she insisted, "Please tell me what's wrong, Ming! I thought we were friends!"

"It's just that I kind of understand what your Jongmin oppa went through...", said Ming, hesitantly, "His one sided love for you..."

"Do you love someone, Ming?", asked Jay immediately catching on. Ming paled a little but did not answer. Jay gently pulled Ming closer and hugged her, "Do you want to tell me about it?"

Ming hesitated a little and then asked, "Jay, do you... Do you love Yifan ge?" Jay froze. Ming felt her tensing up.

"I'm sorry...", she said, as she hurriedly got up, "I shouldn't have said anything..." She was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter