Chapter 19

Will you be my True Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Heya everyone!! I'm back with the next update! Sorry to keep you waiting! Enjoy the story and do remember to UPVOTE if you like the story ⌒.⌒


"Jay?"

"Hmm?"

"What are you doing?"

"Assignment...for college..."

Kai was lying on Jay's bed while Jay was sprawled out on the floor with books and papers around her. Kai had been here two days already. Ming was still in the hospital, recovering. Jay had started going back to college. She had missed quite a few days of college already. But she would make it a point to visit Ming everyday after college.  Lay had been with her both the times she had gone to visit. Kris would drop in sometime in the evening. Lay would also have to leave at some point, but the nurses in the hospital were pretty efficient and so they didn't really have to worry. Kai would sometimes drop in and visit her as he got bored in Jay's apartment all alone when she went to college. And Jay was keeping really busy catching up on all the missed work.

"How much longer are you going to work?", asked Kai, stifling a yawn.

"I have to get this done by tomorrow, Kai.", said Jay, patiently.

Kai didn't reply. Jay looked up at him to see his cute pout, while he stared at the ceiling. A small smile appeared on her face as she saw his expression. She forgot she was supposed to be working as she kept looking at the adorable face.

"How are you going finish your assignments if you keep staring at me like that?", asked Kai suddenly, making Jay snap out of her reverie. A pink colour crept over her cheeks as she averted her eyes back to her assignments. Kai smirked and went back to staring at the ceiling.

After this Jay had a hard time concentrating on her assignments. She kept stealing glances every little while towards Kai, but he had his eyes closed. It looked like he dozed off. Jay glanced at her watch. It was nearly seven in the evening. She had to do something about dinner. She sighed looking again at the sleeping Kai.

"You really can't concentrate on your assignment anymore, can you?", asked Kai. Jay scoffed as Kai turned to her with a smirk.

"It's pretty obvious!", said Kai, with the smirk still plastered on his face. Jay closed the book she was poring over with a snap and sighed, "You're right. I can't concentrate."

Kai slid off the bed and in an instant had his arms around her waist with his chin resting on her shoulder. Jay leaned backward into his strong chest and sighed in contentment.

"Are you hungry?", Kai spoke into her ear. She squirmed as his breath tickled her. Kai chuckled and planted a kiss on her cheek.

"Let's go out and grab some dinner.", he suggested, "You can take a break and then come back and start working again."

Jay nodded, "Okay. Let me get changed."

Kai was already dressed in a deep blue hoodie tshirt and  black jeans when Jay emerged from the room in a simple black frock that ended right above her knees. She slipped on her black pumps, took Kai's outstretched hand with a smile and stepped out. She waited while Kai locked up the house and then put an arm around her waist. They walked to a quaint little restaurant about fifteen minutes away from Jay's apartment. The food here was pretty good and the ambience was cheerful and relaxing. The delicious aroma of roasted beef and fried chicken greeted them as they stepped into the restaurant.

Kai sniffed the air and delightedly exclaimed, "Chicken!"

Jay chuckled and shook her head as she dragged Kai to a table by the window. A motherly lady came up to them smiling to take their orders. Kai wanted fried chicken and Jay ordered a grilled beef steak. They sat in comfortable silence waiting for the food to arrive, sipping their drinks. After a while, Kai decided to break the silence.

"So... Jay?", he called, a little hesitant.

"Hmm?", Jay hummed back, taking a tiny sip of her iced chocolate milkshake.

"You... You're serious about finishing university here? I mean...don't you want to come back to Busan...with me?"

Jay looked up at him kindly.

"Kai.", she said, taking his hand across the table, "I know...now that we're okay again, you want me to come back. But honestly, I like this university. And I've managed to get into the fashion course here. If I graduate with a degree in Fashion and Luxury management, I'll be able to expand that part of dad's company once I get in. And you know it's a bother changing universities at this frequency. And I don't think any exchange programmes are yet available. So if I were to go back to Busan now, I'll have to start over from the beginning. And that would be another year wasted. I don't want that. You understand, don't you?"

Kai sighed and ruffled his hair.

"You do realize I have to return to Busan?", he asked her.

She nodded. "I know. How many more days of college are you planning to miss? It's your final year!", she said.

"But... If I don't take you back with me, it won't feel like we even made up!", grumbled Kai.

Jay put down her glass of milkshake. She took both his hands in hers and said firmly, "Listen to me, Kai. Our love, our relationship is very important to me. God knows what I would have become had you not come back to me. But there are other things to life too. We can't survive on love. Look, I know we both went through a pretty difficult phase over this matter. Now that we have sorted this out, I think we should concentrate on the other things too. You need to finish college and take over the company. You need to get stopped distracted by me now and focus!"

Ka

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter