Chapter 14

Will you be my True Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"She got into an accident. Its serious."

The words kept ringing in Jay's ears as she rushed behind Kris to his car, half blinded by tears. Kris put the car in ignition as soon as she got in and slammed the door shut and drove out into the road. He drove at breakneck speed towards Peking union hospital. Jay dug her nails into her palms, cutting the skin open and drawing blood as she resisted the urge to cry out in anguish. Kris looked pale and his hands gripped the steering wheel like he was holding on to some lifeline.

Jay turned her head to her side and faced her own reflection in the window of the car. She looked a mess. Her face was blotchy and red from crying and trying to hold in tears. Her eyes were red and wet. There were tears pouring down her cheeks. She turned away and looked down at her lap, tears steadily dripping into her lap now.

Kris didn't say anything. He couldn't say anything. He was pretty close to Ming but he never saw her that way. She was Lay's sister and he saw her as a sister too. He never realized she had feelings for him. She had never told him anything. But he realized now that he should have noticed the little signals. The way she blushed around him, the was she talked to him, the was she tried to impress him by her singing and dancing...he should have known. But when she fell for him, Kris was already blinded by the love of that one girl whom he could never have. Her being in this state too was because of his obstinacy to get Jay.

'She was about to confess to me today', he thought, guilt crushing his heart. He groaned in frustration and slammed his leg hard into the accelerator.

Jay fell back in her seat as the car shot even faster towards the hospital. As soon as Kris drove into the parking of the hospital, Jay pushed the door open and rushed out of the car without waiting for Kris. Kris immediately jumped out of the car too and followed her. When he entered, he found Jay already at the reception desk, enquiring. He ran towards her as she nodded at the nurse. He reached her in time to hear her thank the nurse.

"She's in the ICU!", she shot at him, before running of in the direction of the ICU. Kris again followed her at a run.

Just as they reached the ICU, a bunch of doctors emerged out of the doors dressed in green surgical gowns. They also saw a pair of policemen standing by the side of those same doors.

Jay immediately approached the doctors, "How is she?" The doctors stopped short seeing this strange girl here.

"Who are you?", one of them asked.

"I'm her friend.", Jay explained, urgently, "How is she?"

"Are you the one whom the police rang up?", the same person asked her.

Jay nodded impatiently, "Yes!"

He sighed gravely and said, "You better come with me."

Jay and Kris followed the doctor to his office. He took off his face mask and gown and handed them to his attendant. He then sat down and motioned for them to do the same. They sat down at the table, opposite to him. Jay looked like she was going to go out of her mind if she did not get some answers soon. Kris too looked panicky.

"Can I know your name and your relation to the victim", the doctor asked.

"I'm Lee Jaehyeon and this is Wu Yifan. We're friends of Yuming's!", Jay said quickly.

"What about her family?", the doctor asked.

"She...", began Jay, but stopped short. She did not know anything about Ming's family!

"She is an orphan. Her only relations are her cousin brother's family.", she heard Kris say. Jay felt her head reel in shock. Ming was an orphan?

"Well, we have to contact her family before we do anything. What's her brother's name?", asked the doctor.

"Zhang Yixing.", replied Kris. Jay saw the doctor's eyes widen.

"The Zhang Yixing?", he asked, surprise evident in his voice. Then he seemed to notice something as he pointed at Kris and spoke with the air of someone suddenly realizing something , "Wu Yifan!"

"Yes!", Kris said impatiently, "Can you now please tell us what her condition is?" The doctor had seemed a little flustered as he had realized who Kris was. But now he went back to his grave professional self.

"I'm afraid the news is not good. She was drunk. Three empty bottles of alcohol were found next to her in the car. In her drunk state, she failed to see a bus coming from the opposite direction. She noticed it only at the last moment, veered to avoid it and crashed pretty badly into the wall of the adjacent flyover. She has serious head injury, both her arms and legs are fractured, her hipbone is fractured and she has numerous glass cuts. She has lost a lot of blood. We have managed to stabilize her for now but we will be needing blood donors - at least three people. Her blood group is O. I suggest you start searching for donors immediately. We can't operate on her until we stabilize her blood volume and blood pressure.", the doctor finished.

Jay buried her head in her palms.

"My blood group is O. Luhan's too.", she beard Kris say and looked up thankfully.

"I might find someone at the university!", she said. The doctor nodded, pleased.

Kris left the room with Jay to call Luhan. Jay dug about in her pocket for her phone, then she realized that she had left it on her kitchen table. Kris put the phone down after he had explain

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter