Chapter 16

Will you be my True Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Can I ask for a favour? *collapses on the floor and begs* PLEASE UPVOTE!!

Okay you can read the story now!

 

"You what?", Lay nearly screamed into the phone.

"Ah hyung! You're gonna take my ears off!", complained Kai from the other end.

"Sorry", Lay muttered, "But... You're really coming to Beijing?"

"Yes hyung!", said Kai, exasperated, "Keep up! My flight from here is at 9. I'm on my way to the airport right now. I'll be reaching around 11:30 tonight! Be there to pick me up!"

"Wait," said Lay slowly, "You're not joking? You're really coming?"

"Hyunggg!!!!", groaned Kai, "Yes Yes I'm coming!! Don't forget! Be there!"

"Aiish okay okay!", Lay said, his face breaking into a happy grin.

"And Hyung...Don't tell Jay! I wanna surprise her!"

"Okay, I won't."

"And be there at the airport!"

"Yes, Kai, yes."

Lay put the phone down, smiling insanely. Love - struck people! he thought and shook his head. At that moment, Luhan came out of the room to look for Lay.

"Who was it?", he asked, cocking an eyebrow.

"I'll tell you. But don't tell the others.", giggled Lay.

"What?", asked Luhan, curiously.

"Kai!", squealed Lay in delight, "He's coming to get Jay back!!"

"OMG!!", squealed Luhan and the two of them began spazzing like fangirls.

At that moment, Kris walked out and saw them.

"What's up with the two of you?", he sniggered seeing them flailing.

"Oh we just got some insanely happy news!", Lay said, enigmatically. Kris chortled and clapped Lay on the back. The others came out of Ming's room , chattering and laughing. Lihwa looked rather tired, having spent like the entire day away from home.

Luhan walked up to her and asked softly, "Hey, you want me to drop you home?" She nodded, gratefully.

"Guys, I'll be back after I take Lihwa home, okay?", said Luhan.

"Okay!", nodded Lay. Kris grinned, looking from Luhan to Lihwa. Jay saw Lihwa glance at Luhan and blush. She covered to stifle a giggle. Here was a love story forming right infront of her eyes! As she watched Luhan and Lihwa being cutely awkward around each other, she felt another pang for Kai. 'I want you here with me, Kai oppa...'

Jay sighed and dug into her pocket for her phone.

"Crap!", she swore. Lay raised his eyebrows.

"I left my phone at home again!", she grumbled, "I must have forgotten to take it when I came to see Ming." She groaned and sat down on the bench.

"Luhan hasn't left yet. Wait", said Lay. He took out his phone and dialled Luhan's number, but Jay grabbed the phone put of his hand and cut the call.

"Are you crazy?", she frowned at Lay. Lay stared back at her, bewildered.

"I'm not about to make myself a third wheel!", Jay mumbled, finally. Kris burst out laughing.

"OH MY GOD JAY! Your face when you said that!", Kris nearly collapsed on the floor laughing. Jay pouted, indignantly, as Lay too started laughing.

"I'm not about to make myself a third wheel!", Lay imitated her.

"Shut up!", snapped Jay, and curled up on the bench again, looking pissed.

"Okay Jay! Sorry!", said Lay, patting her head, "I would take you home, but I need to get somewhere and I was hoping Kris and you would stay here and watch Ming for me. If you had mentioned it a little earlier, you could have gone with Chen, Xiumin and Tao." Jay sighed.

"It's okay, oppa. No biggie", she said. Inside she thought, 'I wonder whether Kai oppa called again. Should I have answered his call then? I probably should have, right? Oh I'm going to go crazy!! What did you want to talk about, Kai oppa? Do you miss me? Because I sure as hell miss you! I love you, Kim Jongin, you effing !!'...and her thoughts ran this way till she drifted off to sleep, curled up on the hospital bench.

Meanwhile, Luhan was driving Lihwa home. The car windows were down and Lihwa's brown curly shoulder length hair fluttered in the wind. Luhan could smell her shampoo as the wind wafted the smell in his direction. He glanced at her out of the corner of his eyes. She was serenely staring out of the window. Luhan felt a smile tugging at the corner of his lips as she yawned cutely, running a hand through her hair and leaning back on the headrest. He felt butterflies in his stomach. He turned back to face the road a blush creeping up his face.

Lihwa felt his eyes on her. She felt the redness appearing on her face and yawned to not make it obvious. Yes. She found Luhan cute. And the smile that appeared on his face seeing her yawn make her heart go haywire.

Lihwa turned to the music player in Luhan's car.

"May I?", she asked.

"Of course. There are CDs in the dashboard." Lihwa hunted about in the dashboard for some music she felt like listening to. Her house was a long distance away. Music always hlps pass the time. Her eyes landed on a cover that said 'HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL' . She exclaimed with delight as she prised it out of the dashboard. Luhan grinned at her reaction and the player. Lihwa slipped in the disc.

Living in my own world

Didn't understand

That anything can happen

When you take a chance

I never believed in

What I couldn't see

I never opened up my heart

To all the possibilities

I know that something has changed

Never felt this way

And right here tonight

This could be the start

Of something new

It feels so right

To be here with you

Oh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter