Chapter 5

Will you be my True Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai stood frozen outside Jay's door. He felt a lump in his throat and swallowed to clear it. This was okay...right? This was what he had been planning to explain to Jay. The fact that she herself had suggested it should be...okay...right? Kai slowly trundled back downstairs, looking rather lost. Why was it that this hurt him so much? He had been planning to say the same things. So why was it that when she said it, it pierced him like a hundred sharpened daggers?

As he entered the living room, Mrs. Lee looked up and asked, "Did she say something?" Kai just shook his head. Mrs. Lee then saw the look on his face.

"Kai dear, is everything okay?", she asked, concerned. Kai nodded mutely.

"I'll get going.", he told her with a bow and walked out of the house.

As he was about to sit in his car, his phone rang. He pulled it out of his pocket and looked at the screen. He smiled a little as he saw the name flashing on the screen.

"Hey, Jinyoung!", he said.

"Hey baby!", came the cheery reply, "Where are you? I'm so bored! Come over and play!"

Kai smiled at the cute voice she was using. "Arasseo! I'll be right there!", he said, happily.

He realized how talking to Jinyoung cheered him up and decided that he was really in love with her. Well, he would take his own advice and give Jay some space. He got into his car and drove towards Jinyoung's house in a much better mood.

 

 

 

 

After Kai left, Jay sat on her bed and dissolved into tears again. She hadn't slept the entire night. How could she? That horrifying image kept cropping up in her head all the time. Was she such a burden to Kai? She had never thought about it that way before. She had always thought that they were meant for each other. She had always been a little jealous when Kai had gone out with other girls. But they had agreed where to draw the line. Jay never imagined Kai would ever consider crossing that line.

She herself was never interested in going out with other guys. She was happy being with her Kai oppa. The only person apart from Kai, with whom she actually enjoyed herself was Cho Jongmin. Yes. The same guy she had met at that party all those years ago. She had kept in touch with him and they had grown rather close. Kai knew about him and though they weren't very close, neither of them had anything against each other.

Now, in her time of distress, he was the first person that came to her mind. She immediately picked up her phone and dialled his number.

"Hello?... Jongmin oppa?... Yes, it's me, Jay... I was wondering whether you were free right now... You are? Oh that's great... Yeah I wanted to meet you... Your place? Okay I'll be there in 20 minutes... Yeah... See you, oppa."

Around half an hour later, Jay stood infront of the quaint little double storied house. She loved the little house. It reminded her of fairy tales and bed time stories. Her mood lifting a little, she rang the bell and waited.

"Jay!", Jongmin greeted her, immediately pulling her into a hug. She relaxed in his embrace. He always made her feel calm and relaxed. With him, she was always open and frank. He always heard any complaints she had about the other girls Kai went out with. It was to him that she ed and ranted about how those girls flirted with HER Kai oppa.

She tried very hard not to burst into tears as the reason why she came to him now resurfaced in her mind. She stifled a sob in his embrace, which he immediately noticed.

"Wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter