Chapter 20

Will you be my True Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey guys! Next chappie up for you. THANKYOU TO ALL THE AWESOME PEOPLE WHO SUBSCRIBED, COMMENTED AND UPVOTED. IT MEANS SO MUCH TO ME ❤ I'm sorry for making you wait so long. But you know why I was busy, right?

Do remember to COMMENT and UPVOTE :)

Okay now lets get on with the story!

 

 "Ouch!"

"Ming! Are you okay?"

"I'm fine Ge! I just hit my head on the bedpost while trying to lie down."

"Oh God! Are you hurt?"

"Stop panicking Ge! I'm fine!"

"Are you sure?"

Kris reached out to caress the part of her head that got hit. Ming smiled as she felt Kris's hand on her head. It was amazing how Kris was responding to her. She didn't know Kris had this side to him. She had found him intimidating and aloof. She didn't know he could be so caring and loving...

"Why are you staring at me? Am I that irresistible?", Kris asked, smirking. Ming blushed and looked away immediately. But she couldn't look away for long as she felt Kris hands gently turning her face towards him.

"I don't mind you staring at me, you know...", he said, still smirking.

"Stop it, ge!", Ming whined. Kris laughed and patted her head.

"Okay! I'll stop!", he said, grinning, "Are you hungry? It's nearly lunch time..."

"Yes...Jay said she'll be here with our lunch soon. I just got her text.", Ming replied with a smile.

Just then, there was a knock on the door and the door opened to reveal Jay and Kai.

"Hello Ming! Hey Kris oppa!", greeted Jay, happily, "I hope you guys are hungry! Because I got you lots of food!" Before Kris or Ming could reply, the door burst open to reveal Lay and Tao.

"Did someone say food?", asked Tao as he walked into the room, sniffing eagerly.

"Yah! The food is for Kris hyung and Ming!", scolded Kai, hitting Tao on the head.

"Humph!", snorted Tao, "I'm sure my Ming meimei will share the food with me!" He smiled sweetly at Ming.

"Na uh!", said Jay this time, "This food is only for Kris oppa and Ming! Because Ming needs to regain her strength and Kris oppa stayed with her all night yesterday." Tao pouted.

Lay put an arm around his shoulder, "Its okay, Taozi! I'll cook for you once we get home, okay? Let me just get Ming's discharge papers ready."

"Discharge papers?", asked Kris surprised, "But she hasn't recovered completely yet. She can't walk without support and her wounds haven't healed yet!"

"I know, Kris.", Lay nodded, "But the doctor says its better we care for her at home now. She has recovered enough to go home and rest. Also there are chances of getting a new infection from the hospital. We want to avoid that."

"Oh...", Kris looked worriedly at Ming, who still looked rather frail. But Ming nodded happily, "It will be a relief to get out of the hospital!"

Jay gently slapped her arm. "Yah baboya! You wouldn't even be in the hospital if you didn't be so stupid that day!", she chided her, and then turning towards Kris she said, "And you too! Stupid impulsive idiots both of you! You are seriously perfect each other, aren't you?" Kris and Ming just grinned sheepishly.

After the meal, (of which Tao obviously managed to get a share), Kai and Jay decided to go back to their apartment. Kai was leaving for Busan that evening and the two lovers really wanted to spend some more time together before they parted for who knowshow long. Kris had work to do, so Lay stayed with Ming in the hospital. Kris was rather hesitant about leaving. Ming had to literally kick him out of her room.

"Go Kris ge! I'll be fine! Yixing gege is with me! Don't worry!", she insisted.

"Are you sure? I could go later...", Kris hesitated at the door.

"Kris!"

Kris was shocked on hearing Lay's rather cold voice.

"I think I can be safely trusted to take care of my own sister!", Lay continued in the same cold voice. Kris looked flustered.

"Ah... Of... Of course!", he stammered, "I'll see you later then. Bye Ming!"

"Bye gege!", Ming smiled happily.

Lay shook his head as Kris disappeared. "I really don't get that guy! One moment he is all over Jay! Next moment he realizes that he loves you and then sticks on to you like wart plaster!", he grumbled.

Ming became thoughtful at her brother's words. He was right. How had Kris got over Jay so soon? Did he really love her? A sinking feeling erupted in her heart as she thought of something.... Was Kris like this just because of the pity and guilt?

Lay noticed Ming's expression. "Hey...", he nudged her, "What's wrong?" Ming hesitantly looked up at him. "Gege....",she began, "Does Yifan ge really love me?" Lay looked surprised. "Of course he does!", said Lay, "Can't you see how he can't stay away from you at all?" "I can see that...", Ming mumbled, "But could it be just because...you know...he's guilty about this?"

Lay swallowed. If he was honest with himself, this thought had crossed his mind a long time ago...actually on the very day Ming woke up and the day on which Kris decided to give their relationship a chance. Lay remembered wondering how Kris had suddenly gotten over Jay. What if this was all because he felt sorry for what had happened to Ming and wanted to make up for it. If that was so, there was no guarantee that he would remain with Ming once she was completely alright.

Lay felt bad doubting his own friend that way. He also didn't want to hurt Ming, who was just beginning to experience the happiness of first love.

"He said he will give this relationship a chance, didn't he?", Lay asked Ming, pleasantly, "Why don't you trust him?" Ming smiled warmly and nodded at her brother. But inside she was panicking. She had seen Lay's expression when she asked that question. And she knew her brother also thought the same thing...that Kris was with her just because he felt guilty and responsible.

 

 

 

 

HONK! HONK!

"I'm coming, Luhan!", yelled Lihwa, from her living room, frantically looking around for her purse and the key to her house.

HONK! HONK!

"Oh for heaven's sake! I said I'm coming!", yelled Lihwa as she finally managed to find her keys and her purse. She locked the door and turned around. She stopped short when she saw that Luhan wasn't alone in the car.

He was trying to restrain a highly hyperactive little boy from pressing the car horn again. Lihwa stood and stared as the little boy managed to free his arms from Luhan and hit the horn again. HONK!

Lihwa couldn't help but smile as she saw the little guy delightedly clapping his hands at th noise. Luhan looks towards Lihwa's door with a worried expression. His face broke into a grin as he saw Lihwa standing at the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter