Chapter 7

Will you be my True Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jay walked to the park near the hospital, trying to hold in her tears. It had been hard to let him go. She hadn't let him go yet, but she had promised. She would not interfere if he decided to get into a relationship with someone else. As long as he didn't fall for a like Jinyoung again!

Jay sighed and sat down on a bench. She looked around at the kids playing and mothers smiling and chatting. She smiled a little as she remembered how Kai and her used to play in the little park near her house.

"Jay?", suddenly someone said, "Lee Jaehyeon! Is that really you?"

Jay looked up to find a cute, smiling, sort of dreamy face looking at her.

"Lay oppa!", she exclaimed, as she stood up. Lay, or to give him his real name, Zhang Yixing, was one of Kai's best friends. They had been this group of twelve members in high school and called themselves EXO. Lay was from China. After high school he had gone back to his country to pursue his career in music. Jay had no idea that he was in Busan.

"So you do remember me?", asked Lay, smiling cutely.

"Of course I remember you!", said Jay, giving him a quick hug.

"You seem to have really grown up in the two years!", Lay said, holding her at arms length, "I almost didn't recognize you!" Jay just grinned.

"How is Kai?", Lay then asked, "Where is he as a matter of fact? You're not here alone?"

Jay nodded. "Did that jerk go off on another date with another random girl?", asked Lay, shaking his head.

"No, it's not like that.", Jay said in a low voice, "Kai oppa is in the hospital."

"Hospital?", asked Lay, surprised, "What happened to him?"

So out came the story of Jinyoung and everything else. By the end of it Jay was nearly in tears again, but she held them in.

Lay was silent for a while. Then he said, "I never imagined you guys apart. I always thought you were meant for each other."

"So did I, oppa.", said Jay, with a sad little smile, "But I really don't want him to be burdened by me."

Lay ruffled her hair affectionately. "Are you sure you will make yourself happy this way?", he asked, concerned. "I'll learn to...eventually.", said Jay with another sad smile.

"So!", said Jay, after a little pause, "How come you're in Busan?"

"Ah! I'm promoting my new album, the Korean version.", Lay explained. Jay nodded.

"Actually, the other guys are coming to Busan too tomorrow. We planned to meet up!", Lay said, "I was going to visit Kai at his home later today to tell him, but now it looks like I'll have to visit him in the hospital now!"

But Jay didn't hear anything of what Lay said after the part that the other EXO members were coming to Busan tomorrow. That meant... Did it mean...that he was coming too?

 

 

 

 

"Wow, bro, seriously!", groaned Lay, sitting beside Kai, "You are not an ordinary guy, you know! You have got to be like the most sought after guy around! And its not just your good looks! Its more about your property! You need to be more careful!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter