Chapter 28

Will you be my True Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I don't want to go to class today...", Jay mumbled against the pillow as a hand touched her arm to wake her up.

Someone chuckled and she felt a pair of soft lips touch her forehead. "Your break starts today, princess!", said the voice that she lived to hear every day. "It does? Good... I'm still sleepy...", Jay mumbled again.

"Okay princess. Sleep some more then. I'll get your breakfast ready and wake you up. But not too long. We have to get ready for the flight, remember?", Kai said gently, kissing her cheeks again. Right. They were leaving for Beijing today afternoon. Luhan and Lihwa were getting married the day after and Kai and his friends had agreed to go help them with arrangements. Jay was obviously going with Kai.

Ming was going to be bridesmaid. Jay smiled in her sleep as she thought about it. Ironically enough, even though she was the one pregnant with a child, Lihwa was the one getting married before. She nearly chuckled in her sleep.

Well, she was glad Luhan and Lihwa were finally getting married. Even though he had proposed to her nearly five months back and Lihwa had accepted, she had told him that there were some things she had to take care of before. She hadn't gone into much details. And she had assured him that when the time was right, she would tell him. Luhan had agreed. Now finally Lihwa was ready for the marriage.

Jay sighed and snuggled into her pillow for another short snooze. She felt the weight disappear from her side as Kai got up from the bed. She hummed and made to turn over on the bed, when -

'Gasp!'

Kai stopped short when he heard Jay gasp and rushed back to the bed. "Princess? Are you okay? Did something happen? Did you hurt yourself while turning?", he freaked out, looking at Jay's shell-shocked face.

Jay was quiet. Her hands were on her tummy which was not flat like before any more, considering that she was already in her fifth month of pregnancy.

Kai barely managed to stop himself from shaking her to get her attention, crazy as he was with worry.

"Jay!! What happened?", he all but screamed, getting no response from Jay, "JAY, I SWEAR-"

"GASP!"

Jay turned to Kai all googly eyed. Kai hunted about on her face for a look of pain or fear, but all he saw was pure wonder. He frowned, "Jay wha-"

"The baby kicked...", Jay whispered in a hushed voice.

"What?", Kai's jaw fell open.

"THE BABY KICKED!! OMONA!!", Jay squealed as she sat up on the bed with a jump.

"Jay, be careful!", Kai said, as she made to jump again, but he had this idiotic smile on his face. "Kai! My baby kicked! Our baby kicked!", Jay squealed, her eyes b with happy tears.

Kai was speech less. He just smiled like a dork trying to be manly and hold back his own tears. "There it is again!", Jay squealed in joy, her palms pressed against her tummy. She took Kai's hand and placed it on her stomach. "Feel it yourself!", she told him, her eyes shining.

Kai patiently held his palm against the bulge on Jay's tummy, waiting for the kick. Suddenly -

"Uwaaaa~", Kai squealed like a teenage girl and bent closer to her stomach in wonder, "Wow. There is really a little living being in there." He looked like he was having a hard time believing it. The tears that had been colonising the corners of Jay's eyes, finally spilled out as she saw Kai lovingly caress her stomach.

"Oh god! This is too much for me to take!", Kai exclaimed covering his mouth with his palm. Jay chuckled through her tears as she saw that Kai was about to cry.

"Hey...baby...", Jay called gently, pulling Kai towards her and leaning her forehead against his. Kai hugged her and buried his face in her hair, planting soft kisses every little while.

Both if them were grinning like goofs even though their eyes were b with tears. "This feels so amazing!", Kai whispered, still in awe. "I know!", Jay whispered back, hugging him tight.

"When will we know whether it is a girl or a boy?", Kai asked Jay. "In two months I think...", Jay answered, "...when I go for the next checkup..." Kai smiled and nodded.

"What do you want? Girl or boy?", Jay asked suddenly. "Me? I haven't really thought about that... I just thought about it as 'my baby'...", Kai muttered. Jay chuckled and said, "Well, now that I asked you...what do you think?"

Kai was quiet for a while. Then he said, slowly, "I think I want a baby girl..." Jay's grin stretched as she asked him, "Why a baby girl?"

"Well...", said Kai, smiling back at her, "She would be a daddy's girl... She'll be my precious little princess... Her daddy will always be the man in her life... I would fall in love all over again..." Jay felt a lump in . Yes. She wanted the exact same things. A little girl who adored her father. She hugged Kai and rested her head on his shoulder and whispered, "I hope we get a little princess then..."

"What do you want?", Kai suddenly asked Jay. Jay laughed, "I want a little princess too Kai. A little princess who her daddy can spoil to the heavens." Kai laughed along with her, "Okay! Lets keep our fingers crossed for a baby princess then!"

"What if it's a boy?", Jay then asked him. Kai pondered for a moment and then said, "If it's a boy... He's going to be the cutest baby boy...and when he grows up he's going to be a chick-magnet like his father..." Jay burst out laughing and punched Kai on the chest.

"What?", asked Kai, grinning. "Nothing! Continue!", Jay said, still laughing. "Okay...", Kai continued, "He's going to be smart like his mother. That applies even if it's a girl. He's going to dance and play socc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter