Chapter 23

Will you be my True Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was all chaos. The sound of the ambulance wailing filled Lihwa's ears and the lights flashed into her tear filled eyes as she clung to Luhan and watched Jay being carried away by the professionals. The nurses were calling out to each other for gauze pieces and ringer lactate and saline and what not. She watched as Jay was hoisted into the ambulance and immediately an iv tube was injected into her arm. She looked pale and lifeless. The cut on her wrist had been cleaned and bandaged but she had already lost a lot of blood.

Tao, Chen, Xiumin, Lay and Kris were there, standing with them, watching the doctors working on Jay. Ming was present, supported by Kris, still looking shell shocked. Kris had insisted for her to go inside her apartment and rest but she had refused. Everyone looked pale and scared.

All too soon, it seemed, they started closing the ambulance door. One of the doctors came up to them and asked, "Anyone her family here?" Luhan shook his head, "She was here to study. Her family is in Korea." "Well you guys better call her family.", the doctor informed them, "This is a medicolegal case now. There will be police involvement. Suicide attempt is not a thing taken lightly."

Luhan gave a scared nod. The doctor turned to go but stopped to ask, "Would you be knowing anything about her medical history? Anything we should know?"

Luhan hesitantly shook his head, "I don't think so... I'm not sure." The doctor nodded, "We'll wait for her family then." He was about to walk away when Lihwa gasped.

"Wait doctor!", she choked out. The doctor stopped short in surprise. Lihwa looked at Luhan and Luhan realized what they were forgetting. The rest of the people looked curiously at them.

"Yes? Is there anything you need to tell me?", the doctor prompted Lihwa.

Lihwa gupled and said, "She... She is pregnant, doctor."

Everyone's eyes around them widened in shock. Ming, Kris, Tao, Chen, Xiumin and Lay turned towards Luhan, their eyes asking for confirmation of what they heard from Lihwa.

The doctor yelped, "What? How many months?"

"Just over a month.", Lihwa replied with a sob.

"This complicates things!", the doctor muttered in panic and ran towards the ambulance shouting out orders. He returned to them in a while and said, "We can't check the status of the baby here. We need to get her to the hospital immediately!" Luhan nodded.

In no time the ambulance carrying the doctors, nurses and Jay's unconscious form, pulled out of the apartment drive and disappeared.

Slowly the rest of the inhabitants of the apartment started disappearing into their own flats. Finally only the six guys and Ming and Lihwa were left outside.

Lihwa drew a shaky breath and said, "We should go to the hospital." Luhan looked at her concerned, "Maybe I should drop you home." Lihwa shook her head, "No-"

"She was pregnant?", Lihwa was interrupted by Kris's deep voice. Lihwa nodded. "Kai?", Kris again asked. Lihwa again nodded. Kris took a deep breath. "So what happened? Kai didn't want the kid?", Kris voice held suppressed anger now.

"I... I don't know...", Lihwa replied, nearly in tears again. Luhan pulled her to his chest and turned to look at Kris, "She said Kai used her. That he was with Jinyoung. She called him and Jinyoung took the call and told her that Kai was...sleeping." Kris was now shaking with anger.

"Ge...", Ming called softly. Kris turned to look at Ming, who looked back at him with a scared expression. Kris softened on seeing her like that and hugged her. "I'm sorry Ming. It's just... Jay is very important to me. I don't love her like that anymore. But she still means a lot to me! I've grown to care for her and I can't see her like that."

"You still love her, ge.", Ming said, with a sad smile, pulling out of the hug. Lay looked at them helplessly. He couldn't see his sister getting hurt. But he couldn't say anything to Kris either. But he didn't have to. For Kris said, "No Ming. I love you. Even if I didn't before. I've grown to love you. Jay is like a sister to me. I love her like a sister. Everyone here feels that way about her. Sje was and is our precious dongsaeng. But I love you. Don't ever feel insecure about that okay?"

"Are you sure?", Ming asked. "I'm sure", Kris said and pulled her into a hug again. "I'm sorry for doubting...", Ming whispered. "Its okay", Kris whispered back, holding her tight.

"Great! Now if you guys have sorted things out, can we call Kai?", asked Tao, with a bite of impatience in his tone. Kris and Ming broke apart. "Sorry", they both said together. Luhan had already got his phone out and was dialling Kai's number.

The phone rang for a while before getting automatically cut with a beep. "He's not picking up!", murmered Luhan angrily, and tried again. Tao got out his phone and started texting him. "Guys?", Lihwa asked hesitantly, "Isn't it better to call her parents first?"

Xiumin nodded, "I'll call her parents. You guys continue trying Kai's number." He dialled Jay's dad's number and waited nervously for the call to go through. After a few rings, Mr. Lee picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Mr. Lee? It's Xiumin here."

"Oh hello Xiumin! How are you?"

"I'm...uh...I...ahem...Mr. Lee... I have to tell you something!"

"Yes? Go on.."

"Mr. Lee... Jay... She..."

"Jay? What about Jay?"

"Jay's in the hospital! You and Mrs. Lee should come Beijing as soon as possible!"

"Hospital? What happened? Is it serious? Is she hurt? WHAT HAPPENED?"

Xiumin flinched at Mr. Lee's raised tone. "I'm sorry, sir. I don't think I will be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter