Chapter 24

Will you be my True Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jay please be okay! Please don't die Jay! I can't live without you! Don't leave me Jay! I'm coming for you baby! Please just hold on! Don't go!

Tears continuously streamed out of Kai's eyes as he sat in the plane bound for Beijing. Next to him, Sehun was on the phone with the employees of Kai's company, attending to stuff Kai was in no condition to handle right now. Sehun had also called Kai's parents and told them that Kai and him were going to Beijing because Jay was sick. He hadn't told them all the details. They bought this excuse as Jay's parents had also told them they were leaving for Beijing because Jay was jn the hospital.

Kai was looking out of the plane window looking panic stricken. Sehun got off the phone and patted his arm, "Jay will be okay, Kai! They got her to the hospital in time! The doctors will make her okay!"

"She was pregnant, Sehun!", Kai whispered, anxiously, "She must have called me the other day when we left Jinyoung in my office! Jinyoung must have fed her some bull! She must have called to tell me she was pregnant! What if they are too late, Sehun? What if they can't save her? Her or my baby?"

"Don't say that!", Sehun scolded him, "It is NOT too late okay? They WILL save her! Have faith, Kai!" Kai miserably turned back to the window.

Jay please be okay! Please Jay...

The duration of the flight felt excruciatingly long. Kai tried to fall asleep, but couldn't. Along with him Sehun stayed up even though they weren't really talking and Sehun was dead tired. "You can sleep, you know.", Kai told him. His tears had tried out but he still had that haunted look on his face. "Nah I'm okay!", Sehun muttered.

However he wasn't able to hold his eyes open any longer and fell asleep with an hour left for them to reach Beijing. Kai leaned his head back on his seat and sighed.

I shouldn't have left you there. I should have brought you back with me. Why didn't you come back with me? All this would never have happened!

When the train finally landed at Beijing, Kai shook Sehun awake. Sehun groggily got up and exited the plane along with Sehun. They didn't have any luggage with them except for a bag with their checkbooks and id proofs. Their wallets and phones were in their pockets. As they exited the airport, Kai hailed a cab. Sehun yawned and got jn. Kai got in after him and gave the driver instructions to drive to the hospital Jay was at. Looking at Sehun, Kai felt guilty for dragging the boy along with him. But he really couldn't have done all this alone and he was really grateful to Sehun.

"Sehun-ah!", he called. Sehun turned to him, looking slightly awake than before. "Thankyou.", said Kai. "Don't worry about it, Kai.", Sehun said, patting his shoulder. The cab windows were rolled down and the night air seemed to do Sehun some good, because he looked considerably better awake by the time they pulled up at the hospital.

Kai paid the driver and got off the cab along with Sehun. Without waiting another moment, he ran into the hospital with Sehun on his tow. Chen and Xiumin were waiting at the reception for them. They immediately got up and came towards Kai.

"Where is she?", Kai asked desperately, clutching Xiumin's arm. "ICU.", Xiumin replied, "I'm so sorry Kai!" "The doctors say anything more?", Kai asked again. Chen and Xiumin shook theor heads. They lead Kai and Sehun to the place where everyone else was waiting.

"Kai!", Luhan exclaimed and came towards him."Hyung! I didn't do anything! I didn't cheat on her! That... Jinyoung...she...", Kai broke down in Luhan's arms.

"I know Kai! I'm sorry!", Luhan held him, rubbing his back comfortingly while his own face was scrunched up to prevent his tears from falling. Lihwa was silently weeping looking at Kai. Tao went to console her. Ming held back her own tears as she too hugged Lihwa.

At that moment, a doctor emerged from the ICU. He surveyed the crowd present outside and noted the two new additions. "We have started transfusing blood. She has lost quite some amount of blood, so it's going to take time to replenish her blood volume.", he informed them. Then he hesitated a little before asking, "Er... Is the father of the child that she is carrying present here?"

Everyone looked at Kai. Kai came forward anxiously, "I am the father. Is something... Did something happen to the baby?", he asked. "No. You will be glad to know that the baby was not affected. Despite her losing blood, the baby inside her was still getting enough blood. So she grew weaker than she would have , had she not been pregnant."

"But she will be okay, right?", asked Kai anxiously, "She'll wake up, won't she?" The doctor nodded. "Yes. It will take longer than normal, but she will regain consciousness eventually. We got to her before the blood loss could do any serious damage." Kai sighed with relief and covered his face with his palms.

The doctor smiled and walked away leaving the group. Lihwa anxious sobs now changed to relieved sobs. Luhan hugged her tight and kissed her hair. "She's okay. Don't cry, baby. She's okay.", Luhan whispered into her ear, calming her down. Sehun patted Kai's back.

The rest of the night passed with a few of them dosing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter