Chapter 10

Will you be my True Love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What's that ?", asked Kris looking at the forms in Jay's hands. Jay looked up from them and shrugged.

"Application forms for Tsinghua University - School of Economics and Management.", she told him, holding up the form for him to see, "It's one of the best in Beijing."

Kris looked at the form and then looked back at her.

"So you really decided to come to China?", he asked, quietly.

"That sounds like my best option right now.", she shrugged again.

"Have you thought it over?", asked Kris, a little worried, "I mean...you're not doing this just because I asked you to, right?"

Jay smiled at him, "Don't worry oppa! I'm doing this completely for my own selfish reasons."

Kris snorted. He leaned back on his chair and looked around the little cafe they were sitting in while Jay continued filling up the forms. At that moment, the door of the cafe opened and in came Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Lay and Luhan. They immediately spotted Jay and Kris and came over.

"Yifan hyung!!", said Chanyeol, clapping Kris on the back, "Fancy seeing you here!"

"Hello Jay!", Luhan came over to her smiling.

"What are you guys doing here this early in the morning?", asked Kris, a little annoyed.

"We could ask you guys the same thing!", murmured Baekhyun sneakily.

Kris glared at him. A petite waitress came up to take the boys' orders. After they had ordered, they settled down on the same table as Kris and Jay. Jay didn't seem to mind. Kris sulked.

Jay continued filling her forms while keeping up a steady conversation with the boys. Lay curiously peeked at the forms over her shoulder.

"Tsinghua university...", he read, "Who's applying for Tsinghua university?" The rest of them stopped their conversation and looked at Jay.

Jay rolled her eyes. "I am! Duh!", said Jay, going back to her forms.

"Wait...", said Luhan slowly, "You're transferring to China?"

Chanyeol and Baekhyun gasped and grabbed at her forms.

"You're transferring to China??", they asked, shocked. Luhan frowned and said, "I thought there weren't any exchange programmes available right now for business schools."

Jay shook her head. "I'm not applying as an exchange student, oppa", she told him, "I'm applying as a freshman."

"But wouldn't that mean your one year of study here goes waste?", asked Chanyeol raising his eyebrows. Jay shrugged. "It doesn't matter"

"Why the sudden decision to transfer to China anyway?", asked Baekhyun curiously. Jay didn't answer him. Instead she kept her eyes down steadily on her form. Lay put an arm around her shoulder.

"Have you thought this over carefully, Jay?", he asked gently, "Are you sure about this?" Chanyeol and Baekhyun looked at them curiously.

"I don't want to think too much about it", said Jay in a low voice, "If I think about it, I'll end up not doing it. Acting on an impulse like this, it's better. I don't have time to hesitate." Luhan looked at Kris who was looking at Jay.

"Kris?", Luhan called suddenly, "We needed to buy snacks for tomorrow's outing. You know, we planned to go to Namsan. Come with me?" Kris looked at him. Luhan stared at him as though saying, "Don't you dare refuse!"

Kris sighed. Of course. Nothing could remain hidden from their dear Lulu for long! Shopping for snacks was just an excuse. He knew he was going to be treated to a free lecture by the great deer eyed Lu Han.

"Sure Lulu!", he smirked. Luhan glared at him.

"Don't call me that!", he scolded. Kris laughed, "Okay okay sorry." They went out of the cafe leaving Jay with Lay, Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

"So... What is going on again?", asked Baekhyun, his gaze shuffling from Jay to Lay and back to Jay. "Yeah... We got lost somewhere on the way? What's up, Jay?", asked Chanyeol.

Jay looked at Lay for help. Lay sighed and turned to Chanyeol and Baekhyun. "Jay and Kai had a...er...call it a fight, for lack of a better word...a pretty serious

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter