#16 For You

Between Us -forever yours-
~ Kyuri's POV
 
It's raining outside. It's been raining since morning and my schedule to meet up with Yoseob is rearranged due to the bad weather.
 
So here I am now, waiting for the rain to stop in the dance studio by myself. My manager is going to meet the President to report about my progress after the accident.
 
There is no new notification at all on my phone. I don't know if I'm expecting any call or message from Eunhyuk after the news of my duet project with Yoseob is published or I just feel lonely.
 
Apparently Yoseob accepted the offer to team up with me for the duet project. He gave me a call that night, thanking me because I chose him instead of other idols.
 
I understand how he feels, knowing that both of us share the same dream since we became friends. I still remember the promise I made to him, about us standing on the same stage and performing together.
 
This is the perfect chance that I've been waiting for since I debuted.
 
Yet I can't stop myself for feeling guilty though it's not necessary. Even after I keep telling myself that I'm doing this as a professional, I still feel uneasy.
 
I tried to call him for multiple times but he didn't pick it up. I wonder if he's mad at me or just too busy to call me back.
 
"I'm sorry, Oppa."
 
That's the only text message I sent to him last night. I'm not sure either why I apologized to him but I think I should do that. Am I being paranoid?
 
Suddenly my phone vibrates and I quickly snatch it from the floor. I think I would see Eunhyuk's name on the screen but it's not him.
 
Yang Yoseob.
 
Why does he call me all of a sudden?
 
"Kyuri?" Yoseob calls my name. "You're at SM office, right? Is it possible for me to visit you now?"
 
"Eh?" I stand up. "Visit me? It's raining outside, Yoseob. Where are- Wait a minute. Are you... Don't tell me you're already here?"
 
I hear his happy laughter from the other side of the phone, "You know me that well, eh? Well, yeah, I'm waiting in front of SM building right now. Ah, do you hear the rain?"
 
I do. I tell him to wait for me as I make my way to meet him.
 
Yoseob is standing under the white umbrella, waving to me the moment he sees me. I open my umbrella and rush to him, "Aigoo, you can wait inside!"
 
"I'm not here with my manager so...," he grins, "...I don't think I'm allowed to just come and go."
 
"Yang Yoseob, you're really...," I sigh but end up smiling when I see his bright smile. "Come on. Let's talk inside."
 
 
~ Yoseob's POV
 
I was disappointed that my schedule to meet up with Kyuri is delayed due to the rain. Therefore I have free schedule until our night dance practice later and I have decided to visit her as a surprise.
 
No one knows about this even Kyuri herself. Before I could actually hold myself back, I was already standing in front of SM Entertainment building.
 
Now I am in SM dance studio, sitting side by side with Kyuri. She has her long hair tied in a ponytail today, wearing a long-sleeved white shirt with jeans.
 
It's like we just return to our old days when we're just two students with one same dream.
 
"You should have told me if you wanted to come," she looks at me with her cute smile. "Ah, but at least I don't feel lonely for today. Thank you for visiting me, Yoseob."
 
She doesn't have any idea how my heart can beat faster just because of that smile, does she?
 
"You owe me a visit now," I stick out my tongue and she chuckles, one of the best sounds I ever want to hear. "I thought you must be free as well because of our cancelled meeting. Lucky me!"
 
Kyuri punches my shoulder lightly, "I'm still a busy idol!"
 
"Ah...," I suddenly remember something I haven't asked her since my manager told me about her asking me to be her duet partner. "Kyuri... Why.. Why me?"
 
"Hah?" she doesn't get what I am asking about. "What you?"
 
"There are so many better idols," I start. "Even in SM, you have so many choices to be your duet partner. Why me, a rookie? Is it because I'm your best friend?"
 
Kyuri frowns but a smile stays on her lips, "Do you really think so, Yoseob? You are my best friend but I don't make decision based on that."
 
She tells me that she acknowledges my skill and she does expect a great collaboration with someone she never worked with before, "So, no, I don't choose you just because you are my best friend. I choose you because you're an amazing vocalist."
 
It's always feel good to receive a compliment, especially when it comes from someone you really care about.
 
"Ballad will do?" she offers me her hand. "I know this is not an official agreement but, well, we agree on this, don't we?"
 
Instead of accepting her handshake, I pat her head, "I'll be looking forward to work with you."
 
We exchange stories about our daily lives as idol, one thing we haven't done due to our cold war. An hour just passed when the rain has stopped and I remember that I must return.
 
"I'll accompany you to the lobby. Ah, wait a minute," Kyuri answers a phone call which I assume from her manager. "What? Unnie, this is not- But it's duet!"
 
Duet?
 
She sighs and looks away, "We'll talk again later. I know, I know."
 
After she ends the call, she looks at me and gives an apologetic smile, "I'm sorry, Yoseob, I have something up so... I'll see you again soon."
 
"O-Okay," I nod and she waves to me before taking an elevator upstairs.
 
I wonder if it has something to do with our duet project.
 
 
~ Eunhyuk's POV
 
Staring at my phone, I feel dilemma. The screen is showing Kyuri's name and I just a second away to hit the call button yet I'm still hesitating.
 
When I found out that she actually chose Yoseob as her duet partner, a green monster called jealousy inside of me took over.
 
I know she probably chooses him because she wants a competent vocalist instead of a rapper like me but, still, why him? Is it possible that she chose him because they're best friends?
 
Oh my, my faith has decreased so bad. This is so not going to continue if I want to protect my relationship with Kyuri.
 
"Come on, Lee Hyukjae," I take a deep breath. "Just a call and apologize and... Yeah, you'll be just fine!"
 
When my finger is only milimetres away from the button, my phone suddenly rings. I almost drop it due to the sudden call.
 
"Y-Y-Yes, Hyung?" I answer my manager, calming myself down. "W-What is it?"
 
"Why are you stammering?" he asks me back with curiosity. "What are you doing now, Hyukjae?"
 
"Nothing!" I answer right away. "I was just surprised. What is it, Hyung? I'm supposed to be free until evening. No change of schedule, please!"
 
He laughs upon my reaction, "Don't worry, there's no change of schedule for today but I have a surprise for you."
 
"I just met with President Lee and Kyuri's manager," he mutters. "The duet project is changed. You will be added in the team with Kyuri and Yoseob."
 
"What?!" I blurt out without thinking at all. "How- Why? I thought it would be just ballad of two?"
 
My manager tells me that the song will also include rapping parts and I am chosen by President Lee Soo Man himself to feature in the project, "Ah, Kyuri is here..."
 
From afar I can hear Kyuri's voice, talking to her manager. It's not really loud but I can hear her clearly, "Unnie, why the sudden change? It's supposed to be a duet!"
 
Her manager tells her the exactly same answer my manager gave to me but Kyuri retorts, "We should have discussed it first. I thought I was allowed to choose my partner."
 
Those words prick my patience. Why do I feel that she really doesn't want to work with me?
 
"Hyung, can you give the phone to Kyuri?" I ask my manager and he agrees. When he hands over the phone, I can hear Kyuri is suprised.
 
"Oppa?" she calls me, lowering her voice slightly. "W-What is it?"
 
"Is that why you apologized to me, Kyuri?" I don't even try to hide my cold tone. "Because you don't want me to stand between your precious friendship with Yoseob?"
 
I know I probably will regret what I say to her in the end of the day but I really want to let this feeling out now, "If you really want me out of your way that bad, then so be it."
 
"Hyukjae Oppa, I-"
 
I tighten my grip on my phone, taking a deep breath before cutting her sentence and tell her words I have in mind before ending the phone call.
 
"I'll do anything for you, Kyuri, even if you want me to stay away."