#04 Kyuri's Heart

Between Us -forever yours-
~ Kyuri's POV
 
I stare at the wall calendar, realizing that it's almost a year since I officially debuted. Three mini albums already and I'm going to release my first full album next month.
 
Without my family support, Yoseob as my best friend, and my labelmates, I don't think I can be like this now.
 
Super Junior is indeed one of the closest labelmates I have. The members of Super Junior are almost like brothers I never had. They care for me as their little sister. They will help me with everything willingly.
 
Well, of course, everything has its own price.
 
Some of their fans, the ELF, sometimes mistaken our relationship as something more than brothers and sister relationship, causing some immature fans to attack me via my mini homepage with harsh words, especially because of my close relationship with Eunhyuk and Yesung.
 
Eunhyuk is the first member of Super Junior who became close with me since he helped my dance practice from time to time. Meanwhile Yesung helped me with vocal practice since he is one of the main vocalists in Super Junior.
 
I manage to have good relationships with each of them. Starting from Leeteuk as the leader who I always admire until the youngest one, Kyuhyun.
 
I don't understand sometimes. Can't people understand that I'm still too young to think about having a relationship? After all, my agency doesn't let me to be in a relationship yet since I'm still counted as a newcomer in the showbiz.
 
Love is not a common word for me... yet.
 
"Kyuri?" a staff calls my name, snapping me back to reality since my mind was wandering by itself while the others are busy with their own activities to prepare for the filming.
 
We are currently in the middle of preparation for Idol World, a variety show which includes Super Junior T, a sub group of Super Junior. I was chosen as the MC for the show and this is the first variety show I share together with the members of Super Junior.
 
There are still a lot of things I need to learn from them. My popularity does increase but, well, I'm still nothing compared to them.
 
Tonight's filming will highlight the hidden camera to pull a prank on Eunhyuk. Kangin and Heechul told me about it before the filming, asking me to play along with them since I am really close with Eunhyuk so he will probably believe me more than them.
 
Each member invites their best friends over but there will be someone who is going to ruin the show. He will act as Kangin's drunk friend and he will pick a fight with Eunhyuk.
 
They believe Eunhyuk is the easiest to be fooled and we want to know how patient he can be. Just like what we have predicted, Eunhyuk falls for the trap just within minutes after the mess started.
 
He shows no sign of knowing the prank, trying to keep calm as he faces the so-no-really-drunk guy while we try so hard to hide our laughter if we don't want him to find out that we're playing joke on him.

Even when Kangin orders him to apologize to his half-drunk friend because Eunhyuk's friend is throwing harsh words against him, Eunhyuk just murmurs the apology without even complaining.
 
I'm trying my best not to laugh as well so I try to blend in with the riot, pretending to stand up for Eunhyuk who try to be a peacemaker yet the actor keeps mocking him on purpose.
 
"Stop messing around," I stand in front of Eunhyuk, blocking the guy from stepping closer to him. "We are filming right now so please control yourself."
 
"Ah, a cute girl," the guy smirks, reaching out his hand to touch my face. "You are quite beautiful. Who are you, lady?"
 
I stand still; he has a good improvisation skill, I see.
 
For my surprise, Eunhyuk suddenly pulls my hand, hugging me close to him. He hugs me tighter as if he is afraid that I will be taken away by the guy.
 
"This is the last warning," I can hear his sound is wavering. He had been so calm then why does he lose his patience now? "Calm down."
 
Heat creeps to my face but I do nothing. I don't want to act out of the scenario since the filming doesn't stop. Eunhyuk keeps holding me close to him, keeping me far from the fake friend of Kangin.
 
After a while, he lets go of me as the scenario goes by. My heart beats faster and I can't look at him now.
 
Moments later, Eunhyuk finally realizes that he has been tricked by all of us. The members laugh because of his innocent reaction, revealing that it's all just a script.
 
However I don't laught along with them. Instead I sneak out from the filming site and rush to the backyard of the house, hiding behind a tree even though it's really cold outside.
 
I cup my face with both of my hands, feeling that my face is actually burning just because I remember how Eunhyuk hugged me.
 
Yoseob and the other members of Super Junior had hugged me before but I feel that the hug is different. They gave me friendly hug but Eunhyuk was...
 
...protecting me.
 
"Kyuri?" Eunhyuk's voice echoes. For a moment I think I was hallucinating but I see him approaching me. "What are you doing outside? The others are having fun by themselves!"
 
I stare at the ground while he steps closer to me. There is a hint of worry in his tone but I try to ignore it.
 
"N-N-Nothing," I stammer. What is wrong with me?! Why am I even stammering?!
 
"Your face is red," he tilts his head, trying to take a good look of my face and it makes my heart to beat even worse since his face is so close with mine. "Are you sure you're alright, Kyuri ah?"
 
I quickly step backwards quickly. I accidentally hit the back of my head against the tree; it's really hurt.
 
"Aigoo...," I squat down, holding my head with my hand, cursing myself from being such a careless girl.
 
"K-Kyuri!" Eunhyuk rushes to my side, squatting right in front of me and checks my head carefully. "Are you alright? Aigoo, Kyuri ah, be careful."
 
Slowly but sure I look up to see his eyes. He gives me his comforting smile as he pats my head slowly, "Did I do a mistake?"
 
He runs his right hand to caress my left cheek with his thumb, "Tell me."
 
"I...," I stop with hesitation. My heart is betraying me no matter how much I want to keep calm. "You..."
 
Before he could even say a word, Kangin's voice distracts us, "Eunhyuk! Kyuri! Yah! Where are you two? We're going to eat now!"
 
Eunhyuk smiles and stands up. He offers me his hand to help me, "Let's eat something to keep you warm."
 
For a second I just stare at him without a word but then I take his hand and smile upon the warm feeling I have when I hold his hand.
 
It feels good and... I don't know.
 
I wonder what I am feeling now.
 
 
 
# # # # # # #
 
 
AUTHOR'S NOTE
 
The Idol World's episode is a real one. Eunhyuk is really tricked by his friends.
You can watch the episode here but this is only the first part. :)