#14 Twist

Between Us -forever yours-
~ Yoseob's POV
 
Ten days have passed since the accident which made Kyuri had to stay in hospital for four days on our friendship anniversary. We barely even talked that day because of the recording and then the accident happened.
 
It felt like my heart could stop beating when I saw her lying with blood trickling down from her head. Without even thinking about people who were there, I rushed to her side, carrying her and asked for ambulance right away.
 
Holding her hand until we arrived at the hospital, there's nothing I prayed for but her safety. I even told myself that it's alright if she would stop talking to me again but she must opened her eyes and be alright.
 
As much as I wanted to stay by her side until she opened her eyes, I chose to leave the moment Eunhyuk entered the ward. I still have the sense to remember that Eunhyuk has a special privilege when he's compared to me.
 
He is Kyuri's boyfriend for one year and I'm just... a best friend?
 
"Yoseob!" Doojoon gives me a cue to leave the backstage for our performance. I rush to the door as he asks me a quick question, "How's Kyuri?"
 
I walk along with him, fixing my hair slightly to shove away my nervousness, "She is having her rest at house. I think her condition is quite good now."
 
"You think?" Doojoon frowns as we take the last turn to the stage. "You... Why don't you visit her, Yoseob? I'll talk to-"
 
"It's alright," I smile to him, taking the microphone from staff. "Now let's just do our best for today."
 
The only reason why I forbid myself from visiting Kyuri is not because of my tight schedule. It's not because I don't want Eunhyuk to be jealous as well. It's more like because of the rumor spreading about me and Kyuri.
 
The fact that I reacted so much faster than the others actually brought quite rumors around. Though it's not bring a great effect, I'm still worried because public could turn one thing to another without us knowing.
 
We just return to the term of speaking to each other again and I don't want to screw it again.
 
I just need one good reason to change the situation.
 
One good moment.
 
 
~ * ~ * ~ * ~
 
 
~ Kyuri's POV
 
Bored. It's the only word I can use to express what I'm feeling right now. Of course anyone else will feel the same when you're stuck in home for days without doing things you want to do?
 
It's not like I can complaint either since I'm not at the condition to do my activities but...
 
"BEAST, congratulations!"
 
The announcement makes me to leave my bed and come closer to the television. My lips turn into a wide smile when I see the six members of BEAST to step forward with disbelief looks on their faces.
 
I was supposed to stand on the stage as well today but I'm not allowed to go anywhere yet. To think that BEAST receives their first win today with their second single, Shock, I am disappointed not to be there.
 
Yoseob looks like he is going to cry meanwhile Dongwoon, the youngest member, already cries his tears. Yoseob holds the trophy and speak the congratulation speech with Junhyung by his side.
 
Mentioning one by one the names of people who support him all along, he then gives the microphone to the leader before Gikwang has the moment. The MCs let them to have encore stage and they do it proudly.
 
Right when the song is going to start, Yoseob raises the trophy and shouts, "Kyuri, get well soon and celebrate with us!"
 
Did he just...
 
The thought is immediately stopped when Eunhyuk enters my room with a basket of fruits, smiling cheerfully, "How is our Kyuri doing today?"
 
"Ah, Hyukjae Oppa!" I give him a sign to come closer. "BEAST get their first win!"
 
He frowns and stands next to me, "Wow! That's good to hear. It's their first win, eh?"
 
"Yoseob even mentioned me on his congratulation speech!" I tell Eunhyuk with excitement. "Ah, I thought he forgot already but... Huah, I'm so happy!"
 
Eunhyuk smiles at me, "I haven't seen that wide smile for a while, have I?"
 
"Shouldn't I?" I don't move my sight from the screen, listening to their encore stage like what a fan will do. "It's indeed a good song. Ah, I wish I can be there too."
 
I watch the show until the commercial appears. After I turn off the television and turn to face Eunhyuk, I am surprised with his serious expression, "Oppa?"
 
"Do you wish to be there with him instead of being here with me, Kyuri?"
 
 
~ * ~ * ~ * ~
 
 
~ Eunhyuk's POV
 
I don't like to let emotion clouds my judgement. I don't want to get mad at anyone especially people whoa re close to me. For example, Kyuri.
 
When she opened her eyes and gained her consciousness after the accident, I promised her that I would rearrange my whole schedule to visit her more often than I could do.
 
But what do I have today?
 
BEAST won the trophy. Yoseob mentioned her. Compliment for the song. She wants to be there. Then what am I doing here?
 
She finally has her attention towards me after the show ends. I never see that smile of her since she won her trophy from her previous comeback. I don't even remember if she ever smiled like that because of me before.
 
What is this feeling that makes me throw the harsh words to her?
 
"Do you wish to be there with him instead of being here with me, Kyuri?" I look at her with pain in my chest. "Is that so?"
 
Kyuri frowns with awkward smile, "Eh? W-What is it, Oppa?"
 
I know that I'm not supposed to think or act so childish towards her but I'm not having a really good month either noawadays. I just couldn't think properly.
 
"Ever since you met Yoseob again, everything you talk about is Yoseob," I blurt out. "I don't even know if you ever think about what I have in mind right now. You don't even mind if I don't come, right?"
 
She is taken aback by my statement, "Oppa! How could you say that?"
 
I purse my lips and take a deep breath, cursing myself mentally for being such a jerk. I just put the twist by myself, "I... I'm sorry. I just... I'm sorry, Kyuri ah."
 
I walk to her and reach out my hand to hold hers but she pulls her hand away, taking a step back from me. She clears slowly, "You must be tired..."
 
"Kyuri..."
 
"Just... Both of us need our rest so just...," she drops her gaze reluctantly. "Thank you for the fruits. I... I'll have my good rest."
 
She walks to her bed and pulls the blanket to cover her body, a sign that she doesn't want to have another talk with me. I stand still for minutes before walking to the door.
 
"There is nothing wrong between us," I speak to her, knowing that she hears me well. "We're doing our best together, right?"
 
"Hmm...," she hums. "Yes..."
 
No. Something is wrong between us.