#03 Yoseob

Between Us -forever yours-
~ Yoseob's POV
 
"I'll wait for you down here," I say over the phone, resting my back against the wall. "Come on or I will leave you."
 
She whines and tells me to wait because she is on her way to meet me. I chuckle and finally end the conversation.
 
It's already 6 PM and the sky is really dark; I think it's going to rain soon but I don't care. Even if the storm will strike, I will still do whatever to meet up with Kyuri today.
 
Today is my friendship anniversary with Kyuri. People can say that we are being ridiculous or else but we had decided to always celebrate it every year on 5 March, the date between my birthday and her birthday.
 
When she found out that my birthday is 5 January, she told me that her birthday is 5 May and she suggested this idea. I thought it's funny and unique so I agreed with her.
 
This year marks our second friendship anniversary since I met her during her second year in junior high school. It's my last year there but I manage to be friends with her.
 
Even though both of us are really busy nowadays, especially since she has debuted, I still insist to meet her, at least for today. Thankfully she also wants to meet me.
 
She used to live at her cousin's house which is only two blocks away from my place. It's one of the reasons why I could be really close with her since I always accompanied her back to her cousin's house back then.
 
However since I was too busy with my training, sometimes I couldn't accompany her back. Now that she already moved to her own apartment, our meeting frequency decreases even more.
 
Kyuri has released three mini albums now and I'm really proud of her. Her fans support her truly, her great vocal is acknowledged by public, and her performance never fails to captivate the audience.
 
I really want to debut soon so I can share the same glamorous stage with her. It's one of my dreams.
 
She is one year younger than me and I think her bright, cheerful personality makes me attracted to her. She is a really shy girl but our interests in music made us closer, making our chemistry as best friends to be unbreakable.
 
I can barely remember how many people have told me that they envy my close friendship with Kyuri. Some of them even mistaken me as her boyfriend.
 
After she debuted, Kyuri still manage her time to keep in touch with me. How can I ever find a better best friend than her?
 
She is the only girl who I admit as my best friend. We share stories about almost everything between each other: my training, her debut, my favorite songs, her schedule, my dreams, her family, and more.
 
"Yoseob!"
 
I turn with a smile, recognizing the familiar voice that greets me cheerfully. She just stepped out from the SM Entertainment building with a white shirt on top of black tank top.
 
My smile flatters when I see the guy who stands next to her. He flashes me a smile as a greeting but it just makes my heart to clench in a strange way.
 
He is Eunhyuk, the main dancer of SuperJunior05. He is a senior for Kyuri and I know she really respects him. She has talked a lot about him, starting from his dance ability, his rapping skill, his group, and everything.
 
I bet they are practicing together again today. Just like what they always did.
 
"I'm sorry, Yoseob," Kyuri clasps her hand together, giving me her sweetest smile to apologize. "I was so into the dance practice that I forgot the time."
 
I knew it.
 
"No worry," I force a smile and reach out my hand to ruffle her hair. I can feel Eunhyuk is looking at me but I ignore it. "You're going to treat me an ice cream anyway."
 
"Yes, yes, yes," she laughs. She shifts her gaze to Eunhyuk and bids him goodbye, "Thank you for today. Tell the others my goodbye. I'm going now, Sunbaenim."
 
"Yah, I told you about the formality, Kyuri," Eunhyuk frowns playfully, acting as if he is going to scold her for calling him 'Sunbaenim'. "I'm not that old, you know."
 
"Ah, Eunhyuk Oppa," Kyuri mumbles with teasing tone. "I'm going now then. See you tomorrow."
 
I nod slightly to Eunhyuk before Kyuri suddenly drags me away, leaving Eunhyuk by himself. She leads me to a small cafe nearby and, fulfilling my request, she buys me an ice cream cone.
 
"Here you go," she hands it to me with a wide grin. She takes a seat next to me instead of across from me. "Happy second friendship anniversary!"
 
"Happy second friendship anniversary," I smile and take the ice cream cone. "And congratulations for your first win with Rainy Love. First place, right?"
 
She smiles bashfully, looking extremely happy. "Thank you. Ah, and thank you for being the first person to hear about my winning."
 
"But I'm not the first person you met, right?" I , my ice cream with a smirk. "Eunhyuk is the first person you met after the winning."
 
"Yoseob...," she pouts, tugging my sleeve cutely. "You know I really wanted to meet you but my schedule was so busy that I co-"
 
"I know, I know," I cut her quickly, knowing that she is getting serious about my joke. I quickly finish the ice cream within seconds even though it makes my teetch to feell the coldness. "I believe in you, best friend."
 
She smiles in relief. Suddenly she rests her head on my shoulder, causing my heart to skip a beat for one second.
 
I can smell her sweet scent, the scent that never changes. She is still the same Kyuri I always know. She doesn't need make up or perfume to spill her charms all over and captivate guys.
 
"Training period is really tiring," I gently rest my head on hers. "It's hard and I miss you so."
 
I mean it. It's really hard for me since it's like a living hell for a trainee to survive if I want to debut, to shine like how Kyuri does, and I'm not going to stop reaching for my dream.
 
I can't help myself from complaining sometimes but I always do this whenever I'm with Kyuri only. I know that she is going to stay with me, giving me courage to stand up again with strength just with her presence.
 
"You have no idea how much I miss you too," she straightens her body and looks up at me with a bright smile. "Anyway, I am currently listening to a song. It's Lee Moonsae Sunbaenim's song."
 
I tilt my head in confusion. Why so sudden?
 
She frowns, putting her index finger on her forehead as she is trying to remember the lyrics of the song. She finally takes a deep breathe before start singing the refrain of the song.
 
"Jeo bulgeun bada haekkeutkkaji geudaewa hamkke gari
I sesangi byeonhandahaedo naui sarang geudaewa yeongwonhi"
 
The sunset over the ocean is where I wish to go with you
Even if the world changes, my love, I'll be with you forever
 
Her voice is so beautiful. Of course it is. She is indeed a talented artist.
 
"Yoseob...," she holds my left hand with both of her hands. She gives me a smile that always makes me feel better every time I look at her. "Remember, I will always with you. No matter what."
 
My lips curve into a smile. I caress her cheek and mutter, "I know, Kyuri ah, I know. Thank you."
 
We are going to stay like this forever. Next year. Two years. Three years. We're going to celebrate our friendship anniversary with joy together on 5 March every year.
 
I believe in her.
 
One day I will shine as bright as her. I will make her proud as a best friend.
 
Yoseob and Kyuri. Best friends forever.