#11 Meet Again

Between Us -forever yours-
~ Kyuri's POV
 
I glance at my wristwatch, noticing that the person I'm waiting for has already been late for thirty minutes. It's not like I can complaint anyway since I was late for our last date as well.
 
Besides I should be grateful that we still could spend some times together despite our busy schedule and all.
 
"Kyuri?" a voice calls me and I turn out to face the guy with a black cap and glasses. He grins to me and apologizes, "I'm sorry. The recording got a little delay so-"
 
"It's alright, Hyukjae Oppa," I assure him with a smile, knowing that it's not his fault at all. "Why don't we just go now? Are you hungry?"
 
His face beams and, like a little kid, he grins widely, "Let's go!"
 
As we walk side by side, despite the fact that today we celebrate our first relationship anniversary, I still feel nervous and worried when we're together at public place.
 
Last year, exactly on 3 March, Eunhyuk once again confessed to me. He asked me to be his girlfriend and I accepted it. Furthermore he asked our President to publish about our relationship so there would be no rumors.
 
Both of us had left the 'rookie' status, Super Junior gained more popularity with "Sorry, Sorry", he showered me with care and love, and I was enchanted by him.
 
What could I ask more when Eunhyuk stays with me and treats me like I'm his world?
 
Even though so many rumors came up between us, both of us do our best to think and act professionally, protecting our relationship, and proofing that those rumors were wrong with our own ways.
 
It was said that our relationship was fake, that it's all just a scandal made to gain more attention from public. Some fans of Eunhyuk also mentioned that I was not matched with him and they rather had IU as his girlfriend instead of me.
 
The same went for him. Some of my fans bashed him, saying that I deserved someone better. Others said that we would not long last together. And there are a lot more rumors.
 
"Ah...," I stop and stare at the wide screen at a music shop, playing a music video of the second title song of BEAST, "Shock".
 
My heart clenches when the camera zooms to the main vocal of the group. His hair is blonde and his gaze is sharp. It's strange how I still feel uneasy just by seeing him through television.
 
BEAST, a new group made debut on 16 October 2009, gaining attention from so many audiences. They came up with their mini album two days ago and people are anticipating their comeback.
 
"Yoseob's voice is awesome," Eunhyuk decides to comment, putting a simple smile on face. "You saw them on the end year's stage, didn't you?"
 
I nod with a forced smile. I still remember how I avoided them, not knowing what kind of face I should put when I met Yoseob after two years of drawing distance with him.
 
Ever since the snowy day on December 2007, Yoseob and I never exchanged a word at all. Not even on New Year, his birthday, our friendship anniversary, my birthday, his debut, and Christmas.
 
It's like we never knew each other.
 
I hate myself for this...
 
...and Eunhyuk knows it better than me.
 
 
~ * ~ * ~ * ~
 
 
"Will you let me cherish you as my girlfriend?" Eunhyuk asked me, holding my hand gently as our eyes met. "I know this is a little bit too fast but..."
 
It's not too fast actually. More than one year had passed since he confessed my feeling to me... and ended up with a rejection from me. It's when I was still confused after Yoseob's confession.
 
For me, Yoseob was a best friend therefore I never imagined him having a feeling for me as more than just a best friend. We had a same dream and everything but our feelings weren't mutual.
 
However it's not the same for Eunhyuk. It's like my world somehow rotated around him. My heart could beat faster just because of his smile. I became nervous when he's around. It's the first time I felt like this towards a guy.
 
"Kyuri," Eunhyuk tightened his grip on me gently, giving me a genuine smile. "Let me be your first. I'll be your first and your last."
 
I was afraid... but what for? I didn't know. Really.
 
But it felt like I was betraying Yoseob if I accepted Eunhyuk's feeling...
 
...yet we didn't talk at all. He didn't try to talk with me either and, I knew this sounded so childish, I stayed still, keeping the cold war between us.
 
Maybe he had given up on me. Not only for his feeling, but also giving up of staying as a best friend for me.
 
"I'm not familiar with relationship stuff...," I smiled to Eunhyuk, feeling warm because of his hands, "...but I hope I can cherish you as well, Oppa."
 
 
~ * ~ * ~ * ~
 
 
"Ah, wait a minute, Oppa," I stop around thirty metres from the restaurant where we just ate together. "I think I forgot my phone. I'll go back to the restaurant for a minute."
 
He insists to go on my behalf but I ask him to wait at the bookstore instead. I make my way back to the restaurant and, thankfully, the waitress found and kept my phone carefully.
 
"The next guest who sits there found it," she tells me, handing back my phone. "It's thanks to him actually."
 
"Oh," I look to the table where I sat with Eunhyuk before. There's a person with black beanie hat, sitting by himself with his back facing me. "I'll thank him by myself then. Thank you once again."
 
I hold my phone and walk to the table, stopping right next to the person, "Excuse me."
 
When the person turns to face me, both of us have our eyes widen in surprise, not expecting that we will face each other again in this situation. For a split of second, I really think my heart stops beating because of him.
 
"K-Kyuri?" his soft voice mentions my name, the first time I hear him calling my name after two years.
 
I gasp, covering my mouth immediately, not even able to control the surprise effect, "Yoseob..."
 
His lips turn into a curve and I notice how awkward it is despite he tries to keep calm, "We meet again..."
 
Calm yourself, Park Kyuri.
 
I lower my hand and force a small smile, "Yeah, meet again..."
 
We celebrated our second friendship anniversary on 5 March 2007 and we lost contact for two years since the same year on December.
 
And, here we are, standing so close yet it feels so far.
 
What has gotten between us?