#01 Kyuri

Between Us -forever yours-
~ Kyuri's POV
 
"I will be there as soon as possible after I visit my school festival. Thank you."
 
I read the words once again before I hit the send button. It's a message for my soon-to-be permanent manager. I put my phone back inside my bag, humming along the way to my high school with excitement.
 
Today is the last day of the school annual festival and I don't want to miss it. It's been a while since I attended the school regularly due to my hectic training schedule.
 
I am currently a trainee in SM Entertainment, one of the biggest music labels in South Korea. I have started my training since I was thirteen years old, going through years of hard training.
 
Finally I received the news every trainee has been waiting: I will start my debut next year as a solo artist. This means I'm a step closer to my dream yet it also means my schedule will be even more screwed.
 
However I must admit that I can't wait for my official debut. I must work even harder than now if I want to make a succesful and remarkable debut.
 
To be honest I know that it's not easy to become an artist, a singer who will be acknowledged as multi talented. I really admire BoA, the solo artist from SM Entertainment who has debuted 5 years ago.
 
That's why when I met her once when she gave us a special training session, I became more motivated to enhance myself, assuring myself that I could do better than I was at the moment.
 
I don't have many close friends. Sure I have some friends but we're not close enough to be called as best friends.
 
I spent my childhood days at California and, the good thing is, I am fluent in English now. I moved to Seoul when I was ten years old and I live with my cousin till today. I will have my own apartment if I can show how good I am after the debut.
 
That is the main reason why I really want to treasure friendship.
 
"Kyuri!" Some of my classmates call my name happily when I just stepped in the school auditorium, the place where a dance competition for the students is held.
 
I approach them and give a casual greeting, asking them if there is anything interesting while my eyes examine the stage.
 
A man with white shirt just stepped on the stage. Strange enough his face looks really familiar.
 
"You came at the right time!" one of my friends squeal, holding a blue banner with a name on it. "It's your Sunbae, Kyuri ah!"
 
I blink and now I realize why he looks so familiar. She is right. He is my Sunbae and the name on her banner is his name.
 
Eunhyuk.
 
He is from a group with twelve members. Quite crowded, I think. His group, SuperJunior05, just debuted a month ago on November 2005. I can barely remember all of their names even though they are my labelmates.
 
I've listened to their songs and I definitely love them. Unfortunately I never met them in person so no one can blame me for not recognizing his face right away.
 
"He was passing by our school gate this morning and the school festival commitees recognized him. They asked him to give a simple performance for our closing ceremony and guess what?" my friend giggles and it's obvious that she is Eunhyuk's fan. "He agreed! I can't believe it!"
 
I just smile at her before quickly observe his dance as he starts to move his body. His moves are still not perfect but I think he is really good. So good that I can't take my eyes off of him.
 
His dance moves are full of charisma despite the fact that he is considered small and really thin as a man. His dance makes me realize that I am still far from success if I still can't improve myself.
 
He captivates me. Well, I mean his dance, of course.
 
When he has finished his dance and leave the stage, I leave my stand and rush to find him. I don't even bother to excuse myself first.
 
I want to talk with Eunhyuk.
 
I know I still can meet him at SM Entertainment building but I feel like I need to talk with him. Now.
 
I have no idea what I will say to him. It's something that I can't explain.
 
Because I'm too focused walking through the crowd, trying to reach for him, I bump onto someone. He catches my arm, preventing me from hitting the ground.
 
"Wow, wow, lady, easy there," he chuckles and helps me to balance myself. "Be careful, will you, Kyuri?"
 
When I hear my name, I look up to see his face. I punch his shoulder lightly and smile at him, "Yah, Yoseob!"
 
Yoseob is my best friend since junior high school. He was my senior, a cheerful and friendly person who started to talk with me even though he was my senior.
 
He is one year older than me but he always tells me to drop the formality. He stays close with me till now since we moved to the same senior high school, making him to be my one only best friend.
 
He is currently a trainee under M Boat Entertainment since one year ago. He has an amazing vocal and I'm sure he will shine on the stage as soon as he debut. He needs time but I really hope that we can debut together.
 
If that can't happen, at least I want to share the same stage with him someday. His voice is really good especially if he receives superb, special training.
 
The two of us are busy with our own training sessions so we rarely meet but we always manage to meet once in a while, to exchange stories about our training and everything.
 
"Talk to you later!" I pat his shoulder quickly, leaving him in a flash to look after Eunhyuk. I think I have lost him.
 
"Yah! What's your hurry?!" Yoseob shouts as I walk farther from him. "We just met!"
 
"Later!" I wave my hand to him without looking back. I'm pretty sure that he will leave as soon as possible due to his schedule. It's already good enough for him to attend my school festival for nothing.
 
My eyes find him leaving through the back door. I fasten my pace but the moment I finally reach the door, I see a car drives away from my school and he is nowhere to be seen.
 
Eunhyuk has left.
 
"Right, I still can see him," I murmur to myself, looking at the car until it disappears at the corner of the street. "I'll talk to him later.
 
I'm going to be a good dancer like him. It's a promise to myself.
 
Why do I have this feeling that I can't wait to see him again?
 
 
 
# # # # # # #
 
 
 
AUTHOR'S NOTE 29.09.12
 
The story will start again.
For the subcribers, the story will be quite the same but I will re-write it and change some points for the next 30 chapters.
 
I'm sorry for the inconvenient though.
I hope I can give you a better story! :)