#15 Partner

Between Us -forever yours-

~ Kyuri's POV

"So...," my manager asks as we step in the elevator to leave the SM Entertainment building, "...do you have anyone in mind for your duet partner?"

I have returned to go on with my schedule yesterday. I'm totally fine now and I know I must catch up with what I have left. Just now I had a discussion with the production team about me having a duet project.

Just like what I thought, they recommended Eunhyuk as my duet partner because we're acknowledged as a couple for public. This fact will definitely boost the popularity. I told them I would think of a candidate later.

Actually I have the name already but I hold myself back for now, still hesitating for only one reason.

Will Eunhyuk be mad if I don't choose him? No, because we're professionals but... Will he be mad if he knows my choice is Yoseob?

"Is it alright if I pick someone from another company?" I ask my manager when we're already in the car.

"Another company?" my manager frowns. "Who is it?"

I hold my breath for a second before mentioning the name, "Yang Yoseob. The main vocal of BEAST. This is the chance for us to show how cooperative we are even with other companies."

"You have the point there...," she nods. "And, about Yang Yoseob... You never told me that you two are best friends. I just found out about it two days ago during BEAST's radio interview, you know."

I puff my cheeks and apologize shortly, "I'm sorry... I thought it's not a necessary information."

I was happy when Yoseob mentioned my name, telling the world that we're best friend but after Eunhyuk's last visit, I feel restless nowadays.

Perhaps I was too insensitive that I ignored his presence that day. Maybe it's really my fault that he threw harsh words against me.

Something is wrong between us no matter how hard I try to ignore it.

She sighs and mutters, "I'm fine with it. Yang Yoseob... CUBE Entertainment, right? Then what about I try to give his company a call?"

Will it really be alright? I ask myself again.

I hate this feeling of doubt whenever I think of Eunhyuk. This kind of feeling shouldn't exist on the first place.

"Professional...," I whisper to myself. "I'm a professional."

I turn to face my manager and answer her, "Please tell me the good news later."

This should be fine.


~ Eunhyuk's POV

"Hyuk," Yesung taps my shoulder twice when we're on our way to the van where our manager is waiting. "How's Kyuri? She has returned to work again, right?"

"Hmm," I nod, checking my phone to read a new text message from Kyuri. "She just left SM for a magazine interview."

He smiles at me without a word until I ask, "What? It's creepy for you to smile like that."

"Nothing," he shakes his head. "I'm just glad you two still maintain a really good relationship. Sometimes your expression change when we mention Kyuri's name so I think there's something up."

I am suprised by his assumption but I shrug it with a laughter, "You're worrying too much. We're doing just fine."

Lie. It's a big lie. We're not doing fine. In fact the awkwardness between me and Kyuri becomes even worse than ever.

We still talk and contact each other, like what she just did by sending me a text message but...

Something is definitely strange between us but I don't have the courage to talk about it. I'm afraid it will end up with the word I never want to hear from her.

"Oh, Hyuk, I just remember!" Leeteuk suddenly turns his head to see me. "They said there will be a special project for Kyuri to congratulate her recovery. Duet, duet! You'll take it with her, right?"

"Haven't heard it," I answer truthfully. "When did you hear it, Hyung?"

"Even wall can listen," he grins. "No wonder if you haven't heard from her. I think she just found out about it today but you'll take the chance if she picks you, right?"

I chuckle, "Why not? But there is a possibility I'm not chosen, right? If she wants a ballad, she'll definitely go with Ryeowook or perhaps Onew."

Of course I want her to pick me as her partner. We had our duet stage together on Super Show before but this will be definitely a special chance for us.

Strange enough the anxious feeling hits me. Somehow I think she will not choose me. It's alright if she chooses Yesung or others but...

Is it wrong if I don't want her to choose Yoseob?

This is unnecessary. She's free to choose her own friends and I'm not the type who will restrict my own girlfriend's life. However Yoseob is a really special case.

The way Kyuri always talks about him, the happiness she showed when she talked again with Yoseob, her care and attention for Yoseob. Perhaps, for Kyuri, it's friendly gesture but, for Yoseob, I don't think he feels the same way.

"Ah, right, it will be your birthday soon," Donghae chirps. "Aren't you going somewhere with Kyuri?"

"I guess both of us are too busy nowadays," I answer, recalling the best memories I have when I went to Paris with her last September. We went there by ourselves and there's no such thing as doubt and jealousy I needed to worry about.

Why couldn't I have that kind of heart again now?


~ Yoseob's POV

We're having another busy day today, even busier than usual after our first win last week. We attend radio interview, receive love call from various shows, and consider offers from commercials.

As for now, we just finished the radio interview and, like what I expected, the question about Kyuri appeared because I mentioned her name during our winning speech.

It felt like a dream when the MCs called "BEAST" as the winner. It was... How could I even explain it with words?

Then the thought just appeared. I'd let the world knew that Kyuri and I were not just professionals who worked together in entertainment. Let them know that we're best friends.

This decision gained attention from President of CUBE Entertainment, the other members of BEAST, the fans, and, of course, the media. They've been asking what kind of relationship I have with Kyuri.

"We're best friends since high school," that's the honest answer I gave to them. "We used to live at the same neighborhood so we're really close like brother and sister."

Brother and sister. What a lie I'm trying to create but, at the moment, I just wanted her to know that I cared for her. Even if I didn't visit her, even though I couldn't be with her like what Eunhyuk does... she's always in my mind.

Kyuri gave me a call that night, congratulating me for BEAST's first win and also thanking me for wishing her a fast recovery. She asked if my fans went crazy because of her name was mentioned as a joke.

I miss how she would give me a call just for two or three minutes, talking about whatever. I have the moments back again and I think this is the best state I can have.

Or so I thought.

"Yoseob," one of my managers calls me, giving me a signal to walk out from the dance studio while the others are having a break after the intense dance practice. "I'll discuss it with Doojoon as the leader later but I need to ask you first."

I frown and nod, "What is it, Hyung?"

"Park Kyuri's representative just called us to ask our cooperation for her new special project," he explains. "It's a duet project and she wants you to be her partner."

"Eh?" I blink. "Me? Really? But I'm just a rookie..."

"Well, we can talk about the details later but I just want to make sure one thing," he looks at me sharply. "You two are just best friends, right?"

I am taken aback by the sudden question but I calm myself down, "Of course! Yah, Hyung, she has a boyfriend! Do you think there will be a scandal between us?"

Sometimes I just hate how I must emphasize and state that Kyuri has a boyfriend already. I know that even better than the others.

"Just asking," he laughs and pats my shoulder.

"So, are you going to take the offer then?"