#22 Talk

Between Us -forever yours-
~ Yoseob's POV
 
I look up, staring at the white building in front of me. Taking a deep breath, I feel nervous just by thinking about the possible topic Eunhyuk will bring to talk about.
 
My focus had been far from good since he called me yesterday. Although I know it's not impossible for him to get my number from our managers' friendship, I still think it's strange that he wanted to talk with me personally.
 
Sure I have a hunch about his reason.
 
"You came," Eunhyuk greets me, having one of his hand in jeans pocket. "Guess you have no problem avoiding the staffs to come up here, eh?"
 
I close the door to the rooftop of SM Building, giving him a small smile, "Well, most of them think I am going to meet you for our collaboration project. No problem at all."
 
Eunhyuk wears a plain white T-shirt and I think he just finished with dance practice. Meanwhile I have my black jacket on top of a gray T-shirt, trying to be as comfortable as possible.
 
I take three steps closer to him but none of us says a word, letting the silence to fill the air. We just look at each other, waiting for our opposite partner to talk first.
 
"I saw your filming with Kyuri," Eunhyuk decides to break the ice first. "It's great. Really good. I'm not the best in acting like Siwon but you two have great chemistry."
 
"Thank you," I respond shortly, not even sure of the reaction I should give to his statement. "I'm still far from great. I still have a lot to learn."
 
Silence again.
 
"I don't think you want me to come just to tell me that...," I trail on my own words, "...right, Hyung?"
 
"Right," he smirks, nodding randomly. "I can't waste your time. Well... Where should I start with?"
 
He looks around as if he is trying to look for something. His gaze stops on me, "I think you know that I'm going to talk about Kyuri."
 
"Hmm," I murmur, still can't predict where this conversation will lead us. Although I'm sure it will revolve around Kyuri, I still don't know what makes it so serious that Eunhyuk must talk with me eyes to eyes.
 
Have they two talked from heart to heart? Did Kyuri mention anything about me? Is it about my confession to her even though I know she's with Eunhyuk? Is Eunhyuk going to give me a warning or...
 
"I think I'll break up with Kyuri."
 
Eh?
 
"Eh?!" I voice out my shock, dropping my jaw. "W-What?"
 
Eunhyuk clears his throat, "I'll... break up with her. I just think you, as her best friend, deserves to know it from me."
 
"And why is that?" I frown, confused with the sudden drop of announcement. "I mean... Why would you even break up with her? Is this because of me or-"
 
"No, no. Well, probably a little," he answers honestly, chuckling. "I thought about it for days and nights but, in the end, I really think it's the best for me. For both of Kyuri and I."
 
Trying to absorb the information, I shake my head slowly, "But why? It's been a year for you two and... Did she decide it? Did you just agree with it or what?"
 
Eunhyuk raises his eyebrow, "Did I just sense a demanding tone in your question, Yoseob?"
 
I hold my breath, noticing that I did change my tone just now, "I'm sorry. I just... Look, I've known her for years so I-"
 
"Shouldn't you be happy?" Eunhyuk throws a surprising question. "You should be happy if I break up with her. You do love her, don't you?"
 
The question hits me to the core. It feels like I just lost all my vocabularies onto the extent that I can't answer him.
 
This, apparently, makes Eunhyuk believe that he has hit the bullseye, "The dare you challenged to me... Some might think you're being the best friend everyone could ask for, wanting to make sure Kyuri would be happy with me, trying to provoke me that Kyuri would leave me if I was too ignorant."
 
"For me, it's an act a man would do for someone he loves more than just a best friend," Eunhyuk concludes. "I might be insensitive most of the times but I don't need anyone else to tell me that my rival is standing in front of me."
 
My fists are clenched unconsciously and I can't help but to think that I'm already screwed. Kyuri has voiced out her rejection towards my special feeling for her. Eunhyuk realizes my feeling and he just declared that he would break up with Kyuri.
 
The only thing I need to worry about now is our music recording in a week, the only timing where three of us will gather altogether for the first time after my lyrics submission.
 
However, for now, there's nothing worst I could lose.
 
"Your rival?" I hiss, feeling pathetic. "Seriously, Hyung? I'm not even on that level for you. I was never and would never be your rival. Kyuri never feels the same way I do for her."
 
"Well, have you tried-"
 
"Tried to tell her?" I cut his question impatiently. "Yes. Twice, in case you're wondering, Hyung. She rejected me twice as well. Why? Because she only thinks of me as a best friend. But, you? No. You're special for her and why don't you even fight to keep her precious heart?"
 
I blurt out all the words I have in mind, letting out the emotion as if he just pulled my trigger. I don't even want to think about what kind of image Eunhyuk will think of me as his junior in entertainment world.
 
Right now, right here, we're not Yoseof of BEAST and Eunhyuk of Super Junior.
 
We're just two men who love the same girl at the same time.
 
"Are you telling me...," Eunhyuk crosses his arms, "...not to break up with her? Wow, Yoseob. You should be happy that I give you a chance, shouldn't you?"
 
Unable to control myself, I dash to Eunhyuk and grab his shirt fiercely. I stop myself from landing a punch on his face, gritting my teeth, "How could I be happy when she's not?"
 
"Call me an idiot as much as you want to," I let go of his shirt, sighing heavily. "Even though I can make her smile everyday, I can't make her feel the way she has for you. She's happy but she's not in love with me."
 
Ironic. I know how silly it sounds but it's definitely true.
 
I'm sure I can make Kyuri smiles most of the time, spending our day and night with activities we love to do. I can understand her silence and favorite stuffs but, no, I can't make her fall in love.
 
Just like the Peter Pan who could make Wendy felt happy in Neverland but he couldn't make Wendy stayed with him eternally with love.
 
Peter Pan is forever hers but a border line is drawn between them.
 
And that's where I exactly stand now.
 
"Don't get me wrong, Yoseob," Eunhyuk mutters, having a sad smile. "Not that I'm not serious with her and all but... It's not a healthy relationship when two of us don't even communicate well, is it?"
 
"Like I said, I was so in thought lately about my relationship with Kyuri and I think... We need space. For ourselves. For everything," he speaks. "We're not in the best term anymore."
 
Eunhyuk takes a step forward, "In fact, I am wondering if you would take my place in her life."
 
"What?" I blink with confusion. "Are you... Hyung, this is not a game!"
 
"Is that a no?" he asks me back as if it's just a simple question. "Or a yes?"
 
I stare at him with disbelief. He is definitely out of his mind. "Definitely no! What do- I'm not going to take an advantage from Kyuri like that! Not even if you ask me to!"
 
Eunhyuk smiles, dropping his gaze to feet before he lets out a laughter, making me confused. He stops laughing and tilts his head slightly, looking through me, "How's that?"
 
"How's wh-"
 
I pause when I come to realization that he's not talking to me but to someone behind me.
 
"Did you hear that clearly, Kyuri?"