#06 Yoseob's Heart

Between Us -forever yours-
~ Yoseob's POV
 
I take a deep breath, trying to calm myself down. I hold the birthday cake firmly, still feeling unsure why I should feel nervous just because I'm going to give a birthday surprise for Kyuri.
 
It's not like I never gave her one. It's not like I never visited her apartment by myself. It's just a best-friend-visit.
 
Kyuri told me yesterday that she's free this evening, three days after her seventeenth birthday. I told her that my mother wanted to give her a present, which is not a lie anyway.
 
My mother bought her a white scarf while I prepared a pair of earrings. They are nothing as expensive as what she already has but, I know she will like these earrings with pink pearl.
 
A month has passed since the car accident when four members of Super Junior must stayed in the hospital. Kyuri spent most of her times with schedule and visiting them. I visited them once but that's that.
 
When I saw how she looked at Eunhyuk, there's this unexplained feeling in heart. It's like twisting and torturing me in a mysterious way.
 
And the feeling becomes more obvious when she finally talks about Eunhyuk again, right after I gave her the surprise cake.
 
Of course she greets me with excitement on her face when she opens the door. She lets me come in so she can blow the candles after making a wish.
 
It feels really good to have her smile so bright because, at the hospital, she looked so sad and tired. I know days have been hard on her, considering that she's in the middle of promoting her first full album.
 
My smile immediately disappears when I notice that she just remembers someone else while looking at the cake.
 
"Eunhyuk Oppa sent me a cake on my birthday," Kyuri giggles as she cuts the cake from me. "I thought it's from the whole Super Junior but, apparently, they sent me another cake yesterday. I don't understand why he sent the cake personally."
 
It would be a lie if she said that. She surely knows why a man would do that.
 
"Kyuri...," I call out her name, dilemma between asking her out of my curiosity or just stay silence because I'm afraid to know her answer. "Are you..."
 
"Hmm?" she moves the first slice of cake to a small plate. Kyuri hands it to me with a spoon, "There you go. What is it again?"
 
I look at her innocent eyes, still feeling unsure if it's alright for me to ask the question I've been thinking nowadays.
 
"Are you...," I pause for seconds. "Are you in love with Eunhyuk?"
 
Kyuri drops the knife and looks at me with blushed cheeks; she doesn't even need to answer me with words now.
 
"E-E-Eh?" she stammers nervously. "W-What... Why did you ask that, Yoseob?"
 
"Because it looks like that," I answer honestly, forcing a smile as if I'm fine with whatever her answer it. Though I know my heart is not alright at all now. "Are you?"
 
She clears awkwardly, avoiding my gaze, "It's not... I'm just... Eunhyuk Oppa is a really, really sweet guy... I mean... Who am I to think that he..."
 
Kyuri stops and covers shyly. Strangely this act of her makes my heart aches so bad that I can't even look at her. I hold my breath and close my eyes, cursing myself for asking the question.
 
"I see...," I mumble and then put the birthday presents on the table, both from my mother and myself. "I have... I need to go somewhere."
 
"Eh? Now?" she finally chooses to look at me in the eyes again. "But you just arrived! Why don't-"
 
"I'm sorry," I stand up and pat her head twice. "I'll see you again... Later. Good night. Happy birthday."
 
I leave her apartment with my hands inside of the pockets, trying to ignore the pain I'm feeling for a reason I don't want to admit.
 
It's impossible. At least I thought so before I found out that Eunhyuk has been staying in Kyuri's mind for quite a while lately.
 
I knew their relationship would go somewhere more than senior-junior relationship but I never thought my relationship with Kyuri would stay out from friendship.
 
I shouldn't have asked it.
 
Because now I finally realized that I'm jealous with Eunhyuk, for making Kyuri blushed and smiled for him.
 
"You're so screwed, Yang Yoseob," I tell myself. "Now how could I face Kyuri again?"
 
How could I look at her as if nothing ever happened when I know her heart belongs to someone else now, when I know my heart is hurting while...
 
I stop my steps, trying to think with a clear mind. I'm not being my usual self right now and it's not good.
 
"Fool," I facepalm myself. Am I trying to ruin my friendship with Kyuri? "I'm just too tired... This feeling is nothing... I just miss my best friend..."
 
That should be it. Even if it's not, I must stick with that.
 
I head back to Kyuri's apartment, warning myself that I should not be a jealous best friend who doesn't want his friend to be attached with someone else. Everything will be alright this way.
 
That's all I need to believe in.
 
Though my heart says otherwise.
 
 
##########
 
 
AUTHOR'S NOTE
 
I am sooo sorry for the late and rare update!
Here goes the different chapter from the previous version.
Yes, I will go with some changes like what I said before. ;)