#24 Cry

Between Us -forever yours-
~ Kyuri's POV
 
"Kyuri... Should we really break up?"
 
Eunhyuk's question catches me off guard. It's like I just lost all words I have in mind as he looks at me with sad eyes.
 
It's his birthday yesterday and I, not even knowing whether we're still a couple or not, called him for a simple birthday greeting. It would be a lie if I said I didn't miss him because I did.
 
I missed him so much that I couldn't sleep well every night. I missed him smiling at me, telling me stories about Leeteuk and the other members. I missed his shy laughter when I gave him compliment.
 
It should be our thirteenth monthsarry one day before his birthday. We should be going somewhere else and I would be there with the others to give him birthday surprise at midnight.
 
All of those memories I shared with him last year... All of them are locked in the past of our mind.
 
"Hyung!" Yoseob reacts faster than me, having shock on his face. "What are you two- Look, I'll leave you two to talk here, okay? I will-"
 
"No," I cut off his words, still locking eyes contact with Eunhyuk. "It's alright for you not to leave, Yoseob. It... It's over now."
 
I can't believe I just said that.
 
Feeling suffocated inside, I can barely breathe easily after saying those words. I don't know if it's because I'm holding back my tears or the invisible burden on my shoulder is finally lifted.
 
"For whatever I said, Kyuri, I don't mean to hurt you. I don't want to break our relationship too. Both of us just need to cool down for now."
 
Eunhyuk's words kept repeating in mind since our last argument against each other. The fact that Yoseob confessed to me afterwards confused me even more.
 
It's not his fault, of course. It's just I couldn't think straight with all the mess happened for the past weeks.
 
My relationship with Eunhyuk was always peaceful. Putting aside the fact that I stopped talking with Yoseob, Eunhyuk had been so sweet towards me.
 
He would apologize for everything even if he did nothing wrong. He cherished me for every second we spent together. There's nothing wrong when we're together.
 
Or so I thought.
 
It's not that nothing went wrong between us. It's that I kept telling myself that nothing could be wrong. Even if something was wrong, we always let it slipped away.
 
Like when he lost a bracelet I gave to him or when he lied to me about being sick to avoid attending a formal event. He didn't blame me for working over the hours and fell sick or other reckless things I did.
 
We wanted to be just fine. Fine enough to be together a little bit longer, not even knowing that we're both burying pain that we believed didn't exist.

Everything piled up and, finally, we had enough of them. We're full of it already that both of us reached the limit.
 
"Both of us know that...," I grit my teeth, regreeting a single tear that escaped my eyes. "That we can't work it out... We're not... We just can't... Anymore..."
 
Both Eunhyuk and Yoseob move slightly from their stands but I quickly step back, looking away as I wipe my tears, "Don't. I'll be fine so, please, let me..."
 
Eunhyuk doesn't listen to my plead. He walks to me and pulls me into his hug, burying his face in my hair.
 
"I'm sorry, Kyuri," he apologizes in whisper. "I thought both of us would just let go without tears but I made you cried even on the last day of being your boyfriend... I'm such a bad guy, right?"
 
I break down to tears, sobbing to his chest, "No... Why would you... Why..."
 
He holds my shoulders, giving me a weak smile. Eunhyuk glances at Yoseob before my hair lovingly, "I'll always be where you need me, Kyuri."
 
With that, he leaves the rooftop.
 
Losing all strength of my feet, I squat down, hugging my knees tight. I cry my heart out, one thing I never did as long as I can remember. I didn't even cry like this on the day I had my first winning trophy.
 
I love Eunhyuk. I love him too much that I don't realize that, perhaps, even though we're in love with each other, we're not meant to be together.
 
Perhaps the world looked like ours last year, that we're supposed to be together but, like every other blissful moment, something should just remained as memories that couldn't last forever.
 
I cry, knowing that even though Eunhyuk and I can still meet each other like nothing happened, we can't go back like how we used to be. I cry, knowing that it's my fault not to realize how broken everything was until now.
 
"I'm sorry, Hyukjae Oppa...," I sob desperately. "I'm so sorry... I'm sorry..."
 
All of a sudden, Yoseob kneels down in front of me, holding both of my hands. He rests his forehead on mine, murmuring vividly, "I'm sorry too, Kyuri... I'm sorry..."
 
I look up at him, wondering why he is apologizing when he did nothing wrong.
 
"I'm sorry for not being a good friend for you, the one who could understand your pain even though you smile. I'm sorry for everything I didn't do as your best friend," Yoseob tells me. "I'm sorry that my feeling couldn't reach you."
 
The tears I shed of feeling pathetic for not understanding the relationship I treasured for so long, I'm not even sure if they're equal with what Eunhyuk and Yoseob feel.
 
Perhaps Eunhyuk felt worse pain as the one who asked to break up with me. Maybe Yoseob felt guilty for what happened right now between me and Eunhyuk.
 
As if crying is the last thing I can do for today, I continue crying, apologizing to Yoseob.
 
As his best friend, as his colleague, as a girl.
 
"I'm sorry for everything."
 
 
~ * ~ * ~ * ~
 
 
"Super Junior's Eunhyuk and Kyuri finally broke up?
 
Despite a happy day on 4 April when Eunhyuk celebrated his 25th birthday, a shocking news dropped two days afterwards.
 
According to a source, it's appeared that the main rapper and main dancer of Super Junior has splitted up with his girlfriend, Kyuri. The two artists under SM Entertainment had been publicly known together for the past year since 3 March 2009.
 
There is still no explanation of the cause for the couple's break up but a rumor has appeared, regarding about their upcoming collaboration project with BEAST's main vocal, Yoseob.
 
Ironically the audio teaser for their collaboration project, "K.E.Y.", was released this morning. The contemporary R&B track showcased Yoseob's versatile voice and Kyuri's sweet voice, accompanied with Eunhyuk's amazing rap.
 
Does the track describe their real relationship? Could it be that Yoseob is the third person between their relationship?
 
Stay tune for the next update!"