#12 I Miss You

Between Us -forever yours-
~ Yoseob's POV

"Yoseob," the oldest between six of us and the leader of the group, Doojoon, calls out my name just right when my hand reaches the door handle. "Where are you going?"
 
I raise my eyebrows and give a wide grin, "Out?"
 
"I know," Doojoon fakes a glare, which is not scary at all. "Where to, Yang Yoseob? We just finished practicing thirty minutes ago and we have another schedule at seven. Aren't you tired? We must take care ourselves for our comeback."
 
"Of course I am tired," I answer with all honesty, having the eyes of other four members also on me, "but taking a walk for an hour won't hurt. Please? Manager Hyung told us we could take a break before the next schedule."
 
Gikwang, being the member who is the closest to me since we went to the same high school, smiles as he speaks out his thought, "I'm going to take a fresh air too. We should enjoy our time to the fullest, shouldn't we? That way we don't need to worry too much."
 
Therefore I leave the dance studio with my jacket, trying my best to hide my face so no one will not recognize me.
 
I know that our group is just a rookie one. We're still far from being a really famous one but, well, thanks for our entertainment agency, our fans increase more as the time goes. Thats why I shouldn't risk anything to cause chaos at public places.
 
"I'm hungry...," I look around, pulling my black beanie hat which covers my hair. I'm trying to spot a place where I can have a quick lunch-to-dinner food by myself. Not too fancy, not too crowded.
 
My feet steps into a restaurant where there are only couples of visitors enjoying their time there. I pick a table at the corner and choose for the recommended menu. Thankfully, for this once, I'm grateful that the waiter doesn't recognize me.
 
"Ah, wait a minute!" I tell the waiter. My eyes find a phone with "Q" letter for its phone strap on the chair across from my seat. I stand up and hand it to the waiter, "Looks like someone left it accidentally."
 
He thanks me and excuses himself, proceeding to take care of the found gadget and my order. I was just waiting for the food, looking around without any special thought when a voice catches my attention, "Excuse me."
 
I turn my face to the person just to have my eyes widen, "K-Kyuri?"
 
She looks equally surprised with me, covering as her reaction, "Yoseob..."
 
Finally after more than two years since our last short conversation on December 2007, the snowy day where she declared that our friendship could never be the same anymore indirectly, we meet again. I can hear her calling my name. I can see her right in front of me, not just from screen as a viewer.
 
If only she knows how much I miss her. How much I restrained myself from calling her, sending her messages, looking for her. How much I blame myself from ruining our friendship, the one we suppose to celebrate the day after tomorrow on 5 March 2010.
 
Just because I want her to be happy.
 
Controlling myself from being overwhelmed with happiness, I smile at her, "We meet again..."
 
"Yeah," she lowers her hand, forcing a smile that makes my heart aches, "meet again..."
 
Silence.
 
"It's...," Kyuri shows the phone I found just a while ago on the chair. "Thank you. I forgot it and... The waitress said it's you who found it so... Thanks?"
 
I chuckle upon her nervous reaction, "Is it a question or a statement of thanking someone, Kyuri ya? Anyhow, you're very welcome. Please do take care of it carefully."
 
"Mmm...," she nods randomly, dropping her gaze. "Well... I'm going now because... I..."
 
I'm waiting for her next words. I know it sounds so-not-gentleman-or-so-whatever but, yeah, I'm waiting for her to speak first rather than me, being a good guy who pushes away the awkward atmosphere.
 
"I guess I'll see you around," she finishes the choice of words, still having a small but nervous smile on face.
 
Instead of replying to her greeting, I just look at her, smiling as I think to myself that she looks even more beautiful than when I watched her on screen.
 
"W-What is it?" she tilts her head, wondering what I'm observing. "Yoseob?"
 
"Ah, forgive me," I shake my head slowly. "I'm just happy. Your words... That means we're going to meet again soon without waiting for more two years, right?"
 
It's just a cold, not funny joke. It's suppposed to be like that but, apparently, Kyuri doesn't think that way.
 
A tear rolls down on her cheek and she starts to sob, covering with the back of her right hand. She looks down to hide her crying face. Meanwhile I become panic, standing up from my seat, "K-Kyuri? W-What... Did I say something wrong?"
 
She shakes her head, still refusing to lift up her head. I look around, noticing the other visitors have paid attention to us. I hold her by shoulders, pushing her to the empty corridor which leads to the backdoor.
 
After I'm sure that there is no one around, I ask her with concern, "Kyuri? Are you alright? Are you hurt? Did I do a mistake?"
 
"It's... Not that...," she buries her face in hands. Her long hair becomes curtain which hides her face even more. "I'm just... How could you... How could you smile... Just like that?"
 
Eh?
 
"I miss you...," her words echo as she finally looks at me with teary eyes. "To think that I lived the past two years without seeing your bright smile... You're so cruel... Suddenly smiling like that..."
 
My heart beats so fast that I'm afraid Kyuri can hear it. I hate myself for making her shed tears but, this time, I actually feel...
 
...happy?
 
She misses me. She cries because she misses me.
 
She doesn't hate me.
 
"Don't you dare...," she hits my chest lightly, "...to make me cry like this again, Yang Yoseob."
 
I hold her hand and rest my forehead against hers, smiling at her, "Thank you for missing me."
 
Just for this short moment, I let myself forget that she is in a relationship with Eunhyuk, a news which has been published to the public officially, a news that broke my heart and made me believe that Kyuri hated me.
 
But she doesn't.
 
And that's what matters.